Viewing 29 reply threads

• Author

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

After the Bucs traded Williams,  the odds on the Bucs to win the Super Bowl went from 50 to 1 to 80 to 1The only Bucs 2014 opponent with longer odds is Minn at 100 to 1Not the best situation when those who get paid  to make predictions, downgrade your team

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They don’t get paid to make predictions ….they get paid to judge the pulse of the betting public and adjust lines accordingly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

More precisely, they get paid to set lines that will make people bet money.  It’s got absolutely nothing to do with who they think will actually win or do well, but where they can get the money to go.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The idea that Vegas only sets the odds to get equal amounts on both sides is a fiction created by media people who have never been deep into the wagering business..In five of the playoff games in early 2013, there was an unequal share of money on one side and Vegas never adjusted the spread---66% to  73% on one side.In 4 of those 5 games Vegas prevailed, and the public suffered considerably.Unequal amounts on one side occur often during the season, and you will make money consistently taking the other side over a few such games.Vegas goes to effort to make the odds or spread as accurately as they can, and only seldom adjust the odds or spread to make the wagering more equal and then it is only a minor adjustment.Going from 50 to 1, to 80 to 1, is not a small adjustment

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But all the morons around here told me i was “whining” when I was complaining about Mike getting traded. Said he was undependable and very replaceable. Guess I’m not the only one that saw us make our team worse on that day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie is allergic to offense, and like it or not, CMG was a talented football player the Bucs gave away for things Jerry Jones flushes on the daily.Whatever the reasoning was, which I get for the most part, Lovie has to have a contingency plan set in place.  The problem is, we are trying to replace a known commodity with some usefulness on offense (despite his ridiculous haters), with a rook, or some scrub on the roster.  Mac is in for a rude awakening, IMO.  An aging Vincent is basically all the Bucs have as noteworthy receiver.  the rest is....lord not good.Getting rid of CMG was a bit of a stupid move, IMO.  Unless there are things (I am sure someone wants to bolden that part) that were behind the scenes (such as MW19 WANTING out of Tampa), or MW19 being a complete moron during his talks with Lovie and crew that made him not only expendable, but undesirable.Either way, the Bucs went from having a solid WR starting corp, to being incredibly thin in a fingersnap, and with a new coordinator, an aging journeyman with zero targets (basically), they are in some serious trouble on offense.  Even a rookie WR isn't going to fix the woes this passing attack is going to go through.  I predict a bottom 10 finish in passing yardage this year.  Or passing efficiency.With Watkins or Evans or Ebron, the Bucs passing attack is going to be painful at times, IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No reason to re-hash this but you have to find a way to keep productive players on your team.  Whether or not they were the victims of a stabbing.  First chink in Lovie’s armor for me.  You dont get better by getting worse.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah…”cutting” MW19 was really bad.Perhaps they figure they could gfet rid of him now while his contract seems manageable, and not deal with the headache of askng him to restructure, or take a paycut.  Could have been a financial move.  But a bad football move, as the WR ranks are paper thin, Mac is a journeyman, new offense, a known mediocre offensive HC, no targets (even rooks will struggle)...they aren't in cap hell of any sort.  Not even close.  Just not down with this move.Stupid.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you think Vegas downgraded our odds of winning a Super Bowl by 60% because we cut a #2 WR then you are dreaming. You also don’t understand how Vegas works.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No doubt there are more factors than MW19 being released.  But it does show how intensely bad our WR corp looks, and there are no ways to fix the issue (perceivably) for this upcoming season.Lovie, Mac, and no targets means bad passing attack, a lot of frustratingly boring offensive sets that make you groan at the meekness.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They don't get paid to make predictions ....they get paid to judge the pulse of the betting public and adjust lines accordingly.

Vegas is right A LOT more than they are wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They don't get paid to make predictions ....they get paid to judge the pulse of the betting public and adjust lines accordingly.

They are never right or wrong, they provide a platform for you, the betting public, to be right or wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess this isn’t forseeing the draftees?I'm sure if mw "dropped" our standing, and we draft evans, it will go right back where it was, right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie is allergic to offense,

One of the more ridiculous things said on these boards.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They are never right or wrong, they provide a platform for you, the betting public, to be right or wrong.

Wrong. There are plenty of times when a sports book will take a position on a game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL @ some of the idiots who think vegas bookmakers are magical psychics who know the outcome of sporting events before they happen.Vegas doesn't gamble , they let the idiots like you gamble  , and they simply rake in their cut. That's where they make there millions . They could careless who is going to actually win , only what number is going to bring the action.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol at the idiots that use “could care less” when “couldn’t care less” is the right way to go.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wrong. There are plenty of times when a sports book will take a position on a game.

I've never heard of that. I've heard of a book getting bitch slapped by the bets being one sided and then that bet actually hits but I have never heard of a book taking a position in a game. I could see it happen to hedge the middle if things get lopsided in the public betting, i've just never heard of it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol at the idiots that use "could care less" when "couldn't care less" is the right way to go.

Sentences start with a capital letter you idiot . Your punctuation is lacking .You want to go this route , let me know . LOL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol at the idiots that use "could care less" when "couldn't care less" is the right way to go.

Sentences start with a capital letter you idiot . Your punctuation is lacking .You want to go this route , let me know . LOL.

Sport, that is not a road you want to travel, now go back to caring more about it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The simple facts are that the Bucs were 50 to 1 and after they traded Williams the Bucs went to 80 to 1.That's just not the direction I would want the line on the Bucs to goFor me, it shows Vegas has a poor opinion of the Bucs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've never heard of that. I've heard of a book getting **CENSORED** slapped by the bets being one sided and then that bet actually hits but I have never heard of a book taking a position in a game. I could see it happen to hedge the middle if things get lopsided in the public betting, i've just never heard of it.

I'm trying to find an article or info. to back up what I wrote but I can't find any. Assume I'm wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sport, that is not a road you want to travel, now go back to caring more about it.

Sure it is , old sport.  You let me know. I can get as petty and childish with grammatical corrections as the next guy.  Now back to thinking your oddsmaker is a magical fairy with a crystal ball.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The simple facts are that the Bucs were 50 to 1 and after they traded Williams the Bucs went to 80 to 1.That's just not the direction I would want the line on the Bucs to goFor me, it shows Vegas has a poor opinion of the Bucs

All it shows is that hardly any money was being bet on the Bucs to win the Superbowl at 50-1 . .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie is allergic to offense,

One of the more ridiculous things said on these boards.

I like Lovie.  trust his coaching.  Just not his style on offense.The guy wanted TOTAL control of the Bucs team.  When he hires these people, they will have to lean heavily on the words of their HC.  It will be conservative.Perhaps "allergic" was a tad bit much for you...surprised you are so thin skinned about some things Joe.  But I do like Lovie a good deal.  Just never had much faith in his ability to run a nice offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So using your logic if we signed Nate Washington, who had basically 2012 MW19 production last year our odds of winning would move up to 50:1 then right?  You really need to think about your theory you think Nate Washington level players, or Rod Streeter for example make that big a difference to odds makers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dalbuc :I really don't want to get into unpleasantness with you.The last time we had any kind of discussion was over the Talib gun issue. I said there was no way Dallas could get a conviction and you countered with:Dallas is tough on crime; Dallas has a 90% conviction rate and Talib would be convicted, while I pointed out that any evidence about shooting by Talib was from a convict and the entire case was seemingly impossible to win.Now the Bucs were 50 to 1; they trade Williams and go to 80 to 1.  Your position is that the change in odds is not because of Williams.So share with us your explanation of why the odds lengthened.  What is the reason  Vegas  lengthened the odds on the Bucs??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lack of money flowing into the Bucs. They only win if people bet and the odds they are offering aren’t good enough to entice people to bet. Again, short of a QB there is no one player on any roster that will drive a 60% change in the odds -- certainly not a WR2.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

DalThe odds went from 50 to 1 to 80 to 1, or 0.02 to 0.0125. That is a change of 37.5% not 60 or 80%Of our opponents, Chicago stayed at 30 to 1; Balt stayed at 40 to 1; Clev stayed at 75 to 1. NO barely changed; and the odds of GB shortened a slight bit. So it is not wholesale change of the odds. The change in odds reflect on Vegas's judgement of the BucsBut,  you are not sharing your view on why the odds lengthened.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What is the reason  Vegas  lengthened the odds on the Bucs??

You've already been told. Reading is Fundamental.

Please wait…

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.