Viewing 32 reply threads

• Author

• HoistTheFlag

Participant

A couple really good reads here. Everyone wants a pass rusher but I still think VH3 is the best option at our pick!http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/gators/vernon-hargreaves-on-joining-bucs-that-would-be-amazing/2270325http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/gators/mock-draft-monday-vernon-hargreaves-homecoming-to-bucs-looking-likely/2270149

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He definitely could be BPA and I wouldn’t have a problem taking him at 9.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

dude wants to be here, with his skill set and instincts  ,that is all the reason I need to draft him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He played high school ball about 30 away from ray jay, pretty sure hes a bucs fan

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It matters to me that he truly wants to play in Tampa. Honestly not sure it should, but it does. He strikes me as the type of competitor that would play best in his home town.  Which is certainly not always the case.  Under the doomsday scenarios where the guys I feel are truly “9 worthy” are gone and we can’t even get a 4th to move down a few, I could see taking VHIII.  It’s a pick that probably wouldn’t set me off at least.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not a fan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not a fan.

I'm not either. Just being local talent isn't enough for me. As a guy who doesn't have a favorite college football team I just watch the games. FL is on in TB a lot so I watch them play a lot. VH3 is a good player but I don't think he is worth the 9th pick in the draft. He will be a quality corner but he is vulnerable against these bigger faster guys that are in the nfl.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not a fan.

I'm not either. Just being local talent isn't enough for me. As a guy who doesn't have a favorite college football team I just watch the games. FL is on in TB a lot so I watch them play a lot. VH3 is a good player but I don't think he is worth the 9th pick in the draft. He will be a quality corner but he is vulnerable against these bigger faster guys that are in the nfl.

Well said Sir.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s a family friend so I’d love it if he was drafted here and I know he wants to be here. But after signing 2 CB’s I don’t think he’s drafted by the Bucs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not a fan.

stole everything I had to say so i guess "+1"All I can add is I really dont care that he wants to play here. cool..so what? Id be concerned if someone didnt want to play for us, but if someone specifically wants to play for the Bucs they dont get bumped up in my rankings. I guess I cant speak for Jason Licht and his rankings though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he makes it to pick No.39 he would have to be in the conversation.

Please wait…

• rrosemarie8

Participant

If he makes it to pick No.39 he would have to be in the conversation.

William Jackson...I swear hes better than VH3. Myles, William or Joey at 9 and Ill be more than happy than if we drafted VH3. Seriously, we need to add this guy. His attitude makes VH3 or Jalen look like kitty cats. His athletic ability is better too. I will beat this drum forever and when DubJax becomes a stud and VH3 is a scrub, I wont hesitate to say I told you so. Ill happily eat crow tho, no doubt. Ill take it on a hotplate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Vh3 ain’t gonna be a scrub.  I don’t think we are drafting him after the offseason, but I think he’s one of those guys that are plug and play, no red flags either.  He’s a guy where the floor is the ceiling.  I do think the fact that he want to play here is a plus, but I think that he is so clean off the field is bigger.  No domestic issues, no drugs, no nothing.People are all about Jackson now, but who's he been shutting down?  Vh3 has been in the spotlight for years, why is Jackson such a late riser?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ironic that he wants the nine spot?  It’s the one route I think guys like KB, Julio, etc…would be drooling at the prospect of running that 9 route against VH5’8″….errr…3.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like him but I think I like William Jackson more.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ironic that he wants the nine spot?  It's the one route I think guys like KB, Julio, etc...would be drooling at the prospect of running that 9 route against VH5'8"....errr...3.

But he's from tampa and played on my gators team!! /end sarcasm

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A lot of folks are drinking that PR koolaid. Dude is a consensus top 10 pick. There are successful CBs in the NFL under 6′. Hell, we just signed a pretty good one. VH3 is a ballhawk with natural football instincts. He consistently puts himself in a position to make a play on the ball and loves to hit. He’s going to be a good one. I’d much rather have him than take a flyer on some of the DEs in this draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not a fan.

stole everything I had to say so i guess "+1"All I can add is I really dont care that he wants to play here. cool..so what? Id be concerned if someone didnt want to play for us, but if someone specifically wants to play for the Bucs they dont get bumped up in my rankings. I guess I cant speak for Jason Licht and his rankings though.

I really don't understand what people don't like about him.  I watched every game both VH and Joe Haden played in college, and VH is the better pro prospect.  And Haden was a helluva prospect.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ironic that he wants the nine spot?  It's the one route I think guys like KB, Julio, etc...would be drooling at the prospect of running that 9 route against VH5'8"....errr...3.

Boom!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not a fan.

I really don't understand what people don't like about him.  I watched every game both VH and Joe Haden played in college, and VH is the better pro prospect.  And Haden was a helluva prospect.

For me its just the size. I can deal with Grimes for a year or two. But if you draft Vernon you are married to him for 4-5 years. When the trend is bigger and bigger WR's.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A couple really good reads here. Everyone wants a pass rusher but I still think VH3 is the best option at our pick!http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/gators/vernon-hargreaves-on-joining-bucs-that-would-be-amazing/2270325http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/gators/mock-draft-monday-vernon-hargreaves-homecoming-to-bucs-looking-likely/2270149

He would be great if he could cover a NFL WR for +4 seconds...The primary need is for a pass rush dude...A good pass rush makes average DB look good...

Please wait…

• DanTurksGhost

Participant

I don’t like what I see when I watch game film on this kid.  Kelvin Benjamin will take his lunch money. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For me its just the size. I can deal with Grimes for a year or two. But if you draft Vernon you are married to him for 4-5 years. When the trend is bigger and bigger WR's.

His size doesn't concern me, for a couple reasons.  First, he can jump:Hargreaves:  5'10.5" with 39" verticalRevis: 5'11" with 38" vertical Haden: 5'11" with 35" verticalSecond reason is his ball skills.  He's very, very good at high-pointing the ball.  And he can catch when he does get his hands on it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His size doesn't concern me, for a couple reasons.  First, he can jump:Hargreaves:  5'10.5" with 39" verticalRevis: 5'11" with 38" vertical Haden: 5'11" with 35" verticalSecond reason is his ball skills.  He's very, very good at high-pointing the ball.  And he can catch when he does get his hands on it.

Well, assuming we draft him, he will get tested big time with Vince and Mike. I am hoping we go with Stanley, assuming Ramsey and Tunsil are off the board. I am not too thrilled with the DE's available.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Put this in another thread – From the interviews, pics, assessments, Ronde's opinion...I am warming up to him as the pick at 9.Young man is incredibly smart, has an aggressive football attitude, works at his craft and wants to be a Buccaneer.Sold.an afterthought - I don't think he is an elite talent at this point - but he is a great talent with all the tools to become elite (production).  Compared to the DE's to be available at 9... (Spence, Ogbah, Floyd)  I'd pick this guy.Problem is with the QB holes getting filled in FA (even as of today) I'm not sure they'll be an option if Philly doesn't take Elliot...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not a fan.

If the Bucscaneers had a pass rush, I’d be aboard. But again, what good is a CB with suspect pass rushers?  The answer is not good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Bucscaneers had a pass rush, I'd be aboard. But again, what good is a CB with suspect pass rushers?  The answer is not good.

I don't disagree, but I'm not sure Buckner or Bosa will still be available @ #9.  I think Spence is worth the top ten selection based on his football ability, but I haven't done the background stuff that I'm sure the Buccaneers are doing.  I don't think any other pass rusher is worth the selection.If those guys three pass-rushers aren't options, I'm hoping for Stanley or Hargreaves.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Bucscaneers had a pass rush, I'd be aboard. But again, what good is a CB with suspect pass rushers?  The answer is not good.

I don't disagree, but I'm not sure Buckner or Bosa will still be available @ #9.  I think Spence is worth the top ten selection based on his football ability, but I haven't done the background stuff that I'm sure the Buccaneers are doing.  I don't think any other pass rusher is worth the selection.If those guys three pass-rushers aren't options, I'm hoping for Stanley or Hargreaves.

Stanley then. But the trenches need work.   Cannot draft VHIII without addressing the pathetic pass rush. It's beyond stupid to yet again not address this massive concern.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s not even small, really. He’s not Tyrann Mathieu sized, who turned out to be pretty good anyway.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stanley then. But the trenches need work.   Cannot draft VHIII without addressing the pathetic pass rush. It's beyond stupid to yet again not address this massive concern.

Have you ever heard NFL coaches refer to coverage = sacks, pressure = picks? It's true. You have some homework to do. Pass rush and the coverage ability of the secondary are interdependent. That is an actual fact....unlike the nonsensical opinion of a simpleton.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would not be the least bit unhappy with the pick of VH.  He is probably #2 on the board of takes.  The only guy I would probably take over him would be Myles Jack.  Unfortunately, I don’t think either will be available with the #9 pick. 

Please wait…

• rrosemarie8

Participant

I would not be the least bit unhappy with the pick of VH.  He is probably #2 on the board of takes.  The only guy I would probably take over him would be Myles Jack.  Unfortunately, I don't think either will be available with the #9 pick.

So would you take William Jackson if none of those guys are there?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would not be the least bit unhappy with the pick of VH.  He is probably #2 on the board of takes.  The only guy I would probably take over him would be Myles Jack.  Unfortunately, I don't think either will be available with the #9 pick.

So would you take William Jackson if none of those guys are there?

He does have impressive speed but I am not sure he has shown the fundamental abilities of Hargreaves.  VH just seems more polished.  Hey if the BUCs took him I certainly would defer to their making such a choice. I admit I have seen far more of VH than Jackson.

Please wait…

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.