Viewing 13 reply threads

• Author

• Bucman

Participant

If both Vick and Manziel entered at the draft at the same time. You had the #1 pick. which of them would you take?Vick is faster, better arm and more athletic. Manziel is a more advanced passer, has enough arm strength to make every NFL throw.I would go with Manziel, his passing skills vs the speed difference make up for it. Both would be exciting players to watch with unlimited potential. Vick could been special had he not been a bonehead and if a better structured . team had drafted him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Knowing what I know about Ron Mexico and his dog killing ways, I would roll the dice on Manziel.  Vick is a proven loser.  Manziel hasn’t proven anything yet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel hasn’t proven anything to be compared to Vick or any veteran.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haven’t heard about jail time or killing dogs, Manziel is the leader for me at the moment

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brees

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Again, people see Manziel’s ceiling as higher than Bridgewater’s why? Because he’s a scrambler. So people think if he can learn to become a passer like a top 5 QB and add that to his scramble ability he’ll be freaking amazing. That’s not how it happens, ever. It didn’t happen with Vick and won’t likely happen with RGIII or Newton, unless injury forces them to change their game.When you're the fast guy on the field or the most athletic guy on the field, you use those things. Vick, Johnny, RGIII all can, have and do break out of the pocket at any sign of pressure because they can run and create plays. They'll never develop into the best passer they can be because they don't have to. When you have speed and ability, you use it, period. Those guys will never be pocket passers. They'll always be more comfortable running than standing. Maybe they can be good pocket passers but they'll never be elite passers, always more playmakers.Some posters had it right. Players are who they are. Maybe they can improve on what they have already but they are who they are. JFF has been a scrambler, playmaker since his days in high school. He can be a better passer but his game is play making and that won't change. Whoever drafts him should do like Washington did and put him in his college offense, not a pro style offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Again, people see Manziel's ceiling as higher than Bridgewater's why? Because he's a scrambler. So people think if he can learn to become a passer like a top 5 QB and add that to his scramble ability he'll be freaking amazing. That's not how it happens, ever. It didn't happen with Vick and won't likely happen with RGIII or Newton, unless injury forces them to change their game.When you're the fast guy on the field or the most athletic guy on the field, you use those things. Vick, Johnny, RGIII all can, have and do break out of the pocket at any sign of pressure because they can run and create plays. They'll never develop into the best passer they can be because they don't have to. When you have speed and ability, you use it, period. Those guys will never be pocket passers. They'll always be more comfortable running than standing. Maybe they can be good pocket passers but they'll never be elite passers, always more playmakers.Some posters had it right. Players are who they are. Maybe they can improve on what they have already but they are who they are. JFF has been a scrambler, playmaker since his days in high school. He can be a better passer but his game is play making and that won't change. Whoever drafts him should do like Washington did and put him in his college offense, not a pro style offense.

Um. Cam passed for 3379 yards 24 TDs and 13 INTs  with NO ONE at WR. Steve Smith was meh last year. If you won't take that kinda production, your crazy. His rushing yards are just extra. He also took his team to the playoffs. If Manziel puts up Cam #s, he is instantly the best QB in franchise history by far.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Isn’t this the place where you opt out of either guy? Never liked Vick at all. Makes some big plays but doesn’t make enough to the “mundane” plays. I see a lot of Manziel doing the same where I don’t need a hero, I need a completion on 3rd and 7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t personally like comparing Manziel to Vick at all, but it is worth mentioning Vick eventually learned to pass for the most part. He was exceptional in 2010 and then pretty good in 2011 before injuries kept him off the field after that. I’d be more than happy to have a more durable 2010-2011 Vick on the Bucs.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

This is hard to answer because we have seen what Vick has done in the NFL. If we rewinded back to when Vick was coming and say Manziel was coming out that year too I would have to go with Vick. He seemed like much more of a game changer coming out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Vick is a career 80 QBR who had exactly one good year, 2010. His 2011 was basically the Glennon season last year.  Sadly for him that is his second best season ever.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel is a baller.  Vick a thug. 

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

This is with the assumption that either has not been in the NFL, now based on coming out of college info, then its easy for me to pick Manziel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What kind of dumb thread is this? Manziel isn’t even the best QB of this draft let alone being drafted above Vick.

Please wait…

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.