Viewing 64 reply threads

• Author

• beardmcdoug

Participant

***WARNING I USE ADULT LANGUAGE BELOW ***Boy this really f*cking pisses me off.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0cdejrSjycThey're charging him with murder and he faces life in prison.  I guess there's not enough wiggle room in the video to obfuscate the real story, so they're kicking him out of the club.  A scapegoat that allows the system to say "see, we find it unacceptable too!"Generally, I take the approach that if you really want to take an earnest approach towards understanding any situation, you have to consider each situation as a unique occurrence with unique circumstances.  But I'm sorry, f*ck the police.  F*ck these f*cking cowards.  And I'm sorry, but I have little remorse for the feelings of your friend or family member that is a LEO, who's "a nice guy".  He's a f*cking pig too.  Because he's complacent.  Because he's likely the guy that signs off on the bogus police report.  Because he's the guy that laughs at the pigsh*t's jokes while they're on patrol.  They're all f*cking pigs at this point, until proven otherwise.  I'm sorry, this is the type of thing that forcibly moves my attitude out of the logical, "right" approach.  I'm sick of it.  I'm sick of watching a video of somebody get murdered every 3 days over a f*cking turn signal.  Or a rolling stop.  Or selling cigarettes on the street.  Or exercising their first amendment rights.  Or... being in a wheel chair??https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=repMZNZj2T0 (hillsborough county in the second clip) The way this is all playing out is f*cking outrageous.  SHOT TO THE HEAD OVER A TRAFFIC STOP AND HOLDING YOUR DOOR CLOSED?  Makes you wonder how well the shield has covered things up pre-body cam and pre-smart phone times.  Old time officers even talk about how they've noticed a distinct shift towards aggressive and coercive tactics during officer training.  "If the only tool you've got is the hammer, everything begins to look like a nail".  That is our relationship with police officers in 2015.  We are nails.  Nails who pay the f*cking salary of the hammer.Yes, in this onion, there is a layer that is about race.  But the overall sh*t taste of this onion comes from the fact that police officers in this country have become f*cking scumbags. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Boy this really f*cking pisses me off.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0cdejrSjyc

*"But don't you know the job of a cop is dangerous and stressful? Don't you know the cop was in fear for his life? Don't you know the driver brought this on himself?  If the driver would have just gotten out and not resisted everything would have been fine.You must be a Liberal for posting this."  ::) Etc.* I shirk the yoke of using blue font.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And I'm sorry, but I have little remorse for the feelings of your friend or family member that is a LEO, who's "a nice guy".  He's a f*cking pig too. 

Cool story. I'm sure they'll lose a ton of sleep giving a f*ck about what you think.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“I’m sure they’ll lose a ton of sleep giving a f*ck about what you think.”. You just pretty much affirmed the point he was making. Talk about a swing and a miss. :-[

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"I'm sure they'll lose a ton of sleep giving a f*ck about what you think.". You just pretty much affirmed the point he was making. Talk about a swing and a miss. :-[

So, if I have a family member who is LEO, they're a f*cking pig?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"I'm sure they'll lose a ton of sleep giving a f*ck about what you think.". You just pretty much affirmed the point he was making. Talk about a swing and a miss. :-[

You might want to take a look around you. There is a rapidly growing sentiment in this country that there is an overbearing police state at hand. I'm quite certain some in that crowd would say that cops can not be good cops if they are complicit in helping to cover for bad cops. Keeping that in mind, that would be their terminology defining the applicable moniker.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Police response is definitely worth scrutinizing, but as to the blanket statements about cops, I would guess there are about a million cops in the county and probably 10s of millions of traffic stops every year.  Hell, there’s 40-50 people murdered daily.  Pretty hard to make some blanket indictment of police. Its an issue in the media now, so it gets a ton of hype (as it should, important issue), but like all things media, the conduct is not as common as it seems

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m of the opinion it’s more common than most realize. Assuming videos appear online everyday and maybe one eighth of those illustrates a wide range of questionable conduct then that is a lot. Especially considering that tens of thousands of LEO encounters take place without videotaping…A/V recording

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With regard to media coverage. The media is guilty of hyping particular encounters and also guilty of overplaying the racial aspect but generally speaking the media has been well behind the curve on the issue at large.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You might want to take a look around you. There is a rapidly growing sentiment in this country that there is an overbearing police state at hand. I'm quite certain some in that crowd would say that cops can not be good cops if they are complicit in helping to cover for bad cops. Keeping that in mind, that would be their terminology defining the applicable moniker.

I forgot, blanket statements are acceptable in today's age.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I forgot, blanket statements are acceptable in today's age.

No need to take umbrage, after all weren't you the one that made the blanket statement that they don't give a f*** and won't lose any sleep over it?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You might want to take a look around you. There is a rapidly growing sentiment in this country that there is an overbearing police state at hand.

I am going to guess that depends a little on past experience and socioeconomics. There's also a "rapidly growing sentiment" that parts of our society have an inexplicable attitude toward police/authority, in general.  Whose to say which view is right, but they are definitely very different views held by large groups

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The guy didn’t start driving till after he was shot. He was probably already dead at that point anyways and his brain went haywire. Hopefully that cop is sentenced to life in prison.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watching liberals discuss an incident is always amusing. Dumb and dumber in this thread never disappoint, the blind leading the blind.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The guy didn't start driving till after he was shot. He was probably already dead at that point anyways and his brain went haywire. Hopefully that cop is sentenced to life in prison.

Agreed.I believe the officers who provided false witness in this murder should be prosecuted as well.These body cameras have to become mandatory across the country. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tCTtkIDyKqAThank God for the camera, and that the officers were not smart enough to claim accidental discharge.  That claim, followed up by not lying and attempting a cover up, might have avoided any prosecution.  Even with the tape.  Or at worst manslaughter.The culture that encourages other officers to aid in a cover up of that kind of criminal activity by LEO HAS TO BE BROKEN.  The initial police report seems (to me) to question the officer's story, but I have no confidence this officer would be prosecuted without the video from his body cam.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even in the relatively early stages of LEO body cams we are now hearing of instances of when the body cam “failed to record” at very crucial periods.No accounting for serendipity, I suppose.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tensing filmed during a 2014 traffic stop. Demands ID from passenger. Supervisor arrives.Tensing looks completely vacant.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt3sYSoV23g#t=1073

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Biggest problem in law enforcement is the low standards required to become a police officer.Unfortunately, the job attracts some very poor character types that have psychological problems in their formative years.Police are supposed to PROTECT AND SERVE    They are to serve the public and protect person, property, and the one's we love.That should be the PRIME directive and Mission statement.  They were never been intended to steal revenue and resources from the public they are hired to protect.  That cities and municipalities have made them money grabbers. They are no better than the thieves they are supposed to be protecting us from. They have license to kill at their discretion. That has been a horrible directive that has lead to extreme animosity from the public they are supposed to serve not harass.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Biggest problem in law enforcement is the low standards required to become a police officer.

sure, protect and serve.  put your life in danger.  work odd family shifts. have the public disrespect you every day.  and do it for near minimum wage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Biggest problem in law enforcement is the low standards required to become a police officer.

sure, protect and serve.  put your life in danger.  work odd family shifts. have the public disrespect you every day.  and do it for near minimum wage.

Minimum wage? I have nothing but respect for law enforcement that protects and serves.Have little use for bullies with a gun that they can use any time they like apparently.Not sure their lives are in that much in danger.  Guarantee any law enforcement that suffers the misfortune of losing his life will never have to worry about the perpetrator ever going through the justice system.  Their death warrant is priority ONE by the boys in blue.http://www.foxnews.com/story/2006/10/01/florida-police-shot-suspected-cop-killer-68-times.htmlWho needs a judge or jury?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Minimum wage? I have nothing but respect for law enforcement that protects and serves.Have little use for bullies with a gun that they can use any time they like apparently.Not sure their lives are in that much in danger.  Guarantee any law enforcement that suffers the misfortune of losing his life will never have to worry about the perpetrator ever going through the justice system.  Their death warrant is priority ONE by the boys in blue.http://www.foxnews.com/story/2006/10/01/florida-police-shot-suspected-cop-killer-68-times.htmlWho needs a judge or jury?

how do you worry when you are dead?http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/02/us/memphis-officer-killed-traffic-stop/https://www.odmp.org/search/year

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

how do you worry when you are dead?http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/02/us/memphis-officer-killed-traffic-stop/https://www.odmp.org/search/year

The absence of worry and comfort is knowing if such misfortune is suffered that his assailant will not tie up the courts as his blue brethren become the judge, jury, and executioner.Good point about worrying if you are dead. That is what amazes me whenever I mention a pork fat burial to any suicide terrorist that so many of the PC left wing are so offended.  Go figure? so 18 lost their lives in gun battles... with over 1.2 million in law enforcement by the numbers doesn't sound like too many are putting their lives on the line.United States 1,220,000 2008 https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20131230/15411225716/number-officers-killed-line-duty-drops-to-50-year-low-while-number-citizens-killed-cops-remains-unchanged.shtmlMeanwhile 4,800 people have died by the police.  Guess which side I want to be on?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What's your beef here, loon?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nothing you would understand since it is beyond your mental capacities to grasp.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nothing you would understand since it is beyond your mental capacities to grasp.

I understand pantywastes like yourself perfectly. The POS thug killed a cop and was firing at others when he was killed.  What's your beef, loon?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think your reply should read where’s the beef?  Answer: In your head! LOLhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPaM0A4GBBQYes you are a meat head! LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guess which side I want to be on?

the law abiding side?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tCTtkIDyKqAThank God for the camera, and that the officers were not smart enough to claim accidental discharge.  That claim, followed up by not lying and attempting a cover up, might have avoided any prosecution.  Even with the tape.  Or at worst manslaughter.The culture that encourages other officers to aid in a cover up of that kind of criminal activity by LEO HAS TO BE BROKEN.  The initial police report seems (to me) to question the officer's story, but I have no confidence this officer would be prosecuted without the video from his body cam.

Agreed. It's apparent that the mere presence of the cameras will not deter cops from doing nefarious actions, but they certainly will assist in holding the "bad ones" accountable, to some extent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guess which side I want to be on?

the law abiding side?

Certainly, but that wasn't the answer to the question.  I want to be on the law enforcement side because that gives me the right to shoot at my discretion whoever gets in my way sanctioned by the government.  Doesn't matter if those on the other side are armed or not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Funny stuff.You have no problem condemning, wishing death, and proposing for burials that demeans and mocks the religion of millions of people; yet you sympathize with a character who blatantly and intentionally shot and murdered 2 officers and attempted to murder another.Same old hypocrisy, same old piece of shlt spouting it...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Funny stuff.You have no problem condemning, wishing death, and proposing for burials that demeans and mocks the religion of millions of people; yet you sympathize with a character who blatantly and intentionally shot and murdered 2 officers and attempted to murder another.Same old hypocrisy, same old piece of shlt spouting it...

Nope as usual you are full of sheet.  Yes I have no problem condemning anyone's religion that preaches killing all that don't follow one's beliefs. I also believe it is totally asinine to suggest one gets 40 virgins in the after life for killing a infidel. Hey if demeaning a whole religion by desecration saves many future lives why? is this a bad thing?  Please explain.  My pork fat solution KILLS NO ONE! That is certainly 100% better than our policies today concerning this problem. Just a hunch but when you lose a close family member, friend, etc to some suicidal Muslim you will change your tune 100%. I am not sympathizing with anyone that kills anyone. I just am of the opinion that the police today are not following their prime directive to protect and serve , and too many are too quick at pulling the trigger.I don't believe that police should shoot and kill citizens that are no threat to them.  I feel that all people have just as much right to life as any police officer.  The use of deadly force certainly is acceptable for law enforcement in many cases.  I have given no opinion on any criminal but those that brandish guns to commit crimes are putting their lives in jeopardy.I respect and honor ALL responsible law enforcement. Oh and concerning the linked article?  68 times!  Does that sound like responsible law enforcement?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't believe that police should shoot and kill citizens that are no threat to them.

You sure linked the right article to back-up this belief, slugger.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't believe that police should shoot and kill citizens that are no threat to them.

Meathead,Just so you get a better perspective of my opinion of law enforcement I find the video below to be perfectly acceptable police behavior.. stupid-criminals2.gifYou are so easy!  That is why you are now designated : Meathead! LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hahaha! This made me laugh. Must have read my mind.  I wasn't going to say anything but since Biggs brought it up.  Runole perhaps you should select another foundational example on which to build your argument. I can assure you there's no shortage of genuinely compelling incidents to choose from.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just a hunch but when you lose a close family member, friend, etc to some suicidal Muslim you will change your tune 100%.

Oh, is that so?You really are a dumb piece of shlt. And clearly aren't too bright.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hahaha! This made me laugh. Must have read my mind.  I wasn't going to say anything but since Biggs brought it up.  Runole perhaps you should select another foundational example on which to build your argument. I can assure you there's no shortage of genuinely compelling incidents to choose from.

Runole joins the conversation:vkSOWLW.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh I agree the only reason for posting the article was the rational need by those police officers to shoot the guy 68 times!    Someone explain the necessity for such behavior?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Runole joins the conversation:vkSOWLW.gif

Now if you do that 67 more times you might have a point!  LOLWho took that video of you was that local?  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Another incident last night, police shooting an unarmed black college football player, in a car dealership after hours.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

New incidents and revelations happen daily. Sure, unarmed Black males are disproportionately murdered by police compared to other races, but cops by the numbers, certainly have no problem dropping any race if they feel disrespected or slightly threatened. It’s a systematic problem that affects everyone in this country. Many fear for their second amendment rights being stripped, but police and law enforcement sh*t on several of the other elements of the bill of rights on a regular basis.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

New incidents and revelations happen daily. Sure, unarmed Black males are disproportionately murdered by police compared to other races, but cops by the numbers, certainly have no problem dropping any race if they feel disrespected or slightly threatened. It's a systematic problem that affects everyone in this country. Many fear for their second amendment rights being stripped, but police and law enforcement sh*t on several of the other elements of the bill of rights on a regular basis.

AgreeSimple question, how can a LEO feel threatened by an unarmed person?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Simple question, how can a LEO feel threatened by an unarmed person?

http://nydn.us/1MeoLAY“He was laying there lifeless and people were standing around taking pictures,” police Sgt. Heath Boackle, president of the Fraternal Order of Police, told Al.com. “If the tables were turned, and that was a suspect lying there, they would be rioting.”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let’s compare the responsibilities of private citizens in a situation like that against first responders on duty…….Let's compare a criminal committing a crime to an on duty, in uniform, officer as if we have the same expectations.....The quote you posted does well demonstrate the "us vs them" mentality that seems pervasive in law enforcement.  Unfortunately the "them" happens to be us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let's compare the responsibilities of private citizens in a situation like that against first responders on duty.......Let's compare a criminal committing a crime to an on duty, in uniform, officer as if we have the same expectations.....The quote you posted does well demonstrate the "us vs them" mentality that seems pervasive in law enforcement.  Unfortunately the "them" happens to be us.

The "us vs them" mentality that you speak of goes both ways. I simply posted an article and a quote to answer AJ's question.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garbage collectors and construction workers have higher fatality rates than cops. Both make substantially less money than cops. Neither are likely to be funded by tax dollars, frequently not protected by a union, or get the benefit and  protections of qualified immunity. In real life what that usually means is that when a cop screws-up he’s likely to get a paid vacation and you the taxpayer pay the costs.  What was once supposed to be, to protect and serve has too frequently become, to instigate and escalate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garbage collectors and construction workers have higher fatality rates than cops. Both make substantially less money than cops. Neither are likely to be funded by tax dollars, frequently not protected by a union, or get the benefit and  protections of qualified immunity. In real life what that usually means is that when a cop screws-up he's likely to get a paid vacation and you the taxpayer pay the costs.  What was once supposed to be, to protect and serve has too frequently become, to instigate and escalate.

While I agree with a good portion of this, the "instigate and escalate" aspect of it comes from both sides.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cops here make 30k a year to start, that is before taxes.  Obviously you have room to grow as a cop if you wish to do so. But I wouldn’t put my life on the line for a measly 30k a year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is no “both sides” in this discussion DH.One group are private citizens whose only obligation is to follow the law.  The other are on duty officers who should have a much more strict set of behaviorial requirements.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is no "both sides" in this discussion DH.One group are private citizens whose only obligation is to follow the law.  The other are on duty officers who should have a much more strict set of behaviorial requirements.

Sorry, but we'll just simply have to agree to disagree on that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We disagree that uniformed police on duty and private citizens have vastly different behavioral expectations?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We disagree that uniformed police on duty and private citizens have vastly different behavioral expectations?

No. We disagree that there are "both sides" in this conversation. My whole point is that "instigating and agitating" is coming from "both sides".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No. We disagree that there are "both sides" in this conversation. My whole point is that "instigating and agitating" is coming from "both sides".

It is really only an issue for one side.  Citizens do not have authority/power over on duty officers whom they are instigating and agitating.  Should the citizen go past his limited rights, there are a number of criminal charges that can only be applied against citizens interfering with an officer dispensing his duties.  Officers dealing with belligerent citizens is something they are trained tobdeal with.  There is no citizenry training for dealing with belligerent officers.  Nor the authority to correct bad behavior on their part.  All we can do is stand on the sideline and bitch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is really only an issue for one side.  Citizens do not have authority/power over on duty officers whom they are instigating and agitating.  Should the citizen go past his limited rights, there are a number of criminal charges that can only be applied against citizens interfering with an officer dispensing his duties.  Officers dealing with belligerent citizens is something they are trained tobdeal with.  There is no citizenry training for dealing with belligerent officers.  Nor the authority to correct bad behavior on their part.  All we can do is stand on the sideline and (censored).

Well said.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is really only an issue for one side. 

Like I said, we'll simply have to agree to disagree. I'm not going to give a pass to the public who are baiting cops to do something stupid. And, I agree with the quote from my link. If that were the other way around, there would be an uproar.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course there would be an uproar if a police officer criminally assaulted a citizen while other on duty officers stood by watching.  How can you not grasp that is completely different than private citizens not coming to the aid of an attacked officer?  I am not giving the public a pass for mistreating on duty officers by saying that is completely different than on duty police officers mistreating the public. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course there would be an uproar if a police officer criminally assaulted a citizen while other on duty officers stood by watching.  How can you not grasp that is completely different than private citizens not coming to the aid of an attacked officer? 

I'm not having a difficult time grasping it, TK. My original point was that AJ wanted to know why an armed officer would ever feel threatened by an unarmed civilian; and I gave him a great example.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Simple question, how can a LEO feel threatened by an unarmed person?

http://nydn.us/1MeoLAY“He was laying there lifeless and people were standing around taking pictures,” police Sgt. Heath Boackle, president of the Fraternal Order of Police, told Al.com. “If the tables were turned, and that was a suspect lying there, they would be rioting.”

Thanks for that Donk, I hadn't seen that anywhere on the news.But my point is, cops shooting unarmed perps is a head scratcher. Why not use non lethal force?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks for that Donk, I hadn't seen that anywhere on the news.But my point is, cops shooting unarmed perps is a head scratcher. Why not use non lethal force?

No problem, AJ. But ask yourself something, "Why haven't you seen that in the news"? I think it's an excellent question.As far as non-lethals, I'm pretty torn on the subject. How effective are Tasers in an incident like that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course there would be an uproar if a police officer criminally assaulted a citizen while other on duty officers stood by watching. 

Not really. Happens more often than people realize. The reasons can be varied but generally it involves societal conditioning towards deference & acquiescence to authority figures. We justify and rationalize...."I know I just saw someone needlessly brutalized but it was the cops so I guess it must have been okay"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Another incident last night, police shooting an unarmed black college football player, in a car dealership after hours.

This officer got fired Tuesday, with a Grand Jury looking at criminal charges.  It happened in Arlington, TX.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garbage collectors and construction workers have higher fatality rates than cops. Both make substantially less money than cops. Neither are likely to be funded by tax dollars, frequently not protected by a union, or get the benefit and  protections of qualified immunity. In real life what that usually means is that when a cop screws-up he's likely to get a paid vacation and you the taxpayer pay the costs.  What was once supposed to be, to protect and serve has too frequently become, to instigate and escalate.

While I agree with a good portion of this, the "instigate and escalate" aspect of it comes from both sides.

Police officers are called to the scene to do one thing, de-escalate the situation. Anytime they do the opposite, they aren't performing their basic function. Police officers should be held to a much higher standard than the general public.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Police officers are called to the scene to do one thing, de-escalate the situation. Anytime they do the opposite, they aren't performing their basic function. Police officers should be held to a much higher standard than the general public.

I agree - they are there to get the situation defused.  Unfortunately, that isn't always possible.  That is when the crap hits the fan - and they don't always get it right. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree - they are there to get the situation defused. 

This must be some of that defusing the situation that we keep hearing about.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFZwJylc_o8http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/08/20/teen-says-plano-police-officer-threatened-him-for-smiling/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No justification to stop that vehicle to begin with, and completely unjustifiable interaction with the occupants of the vehicle.  Officer should have his employment terminated imo.  I am a union member, anyone in my union would be terminated by my company for having a similar interaction while on duty.  It would not matter if it was with a customer of my company or someone random on the street.  It would be classified as a termination with cause and said union member could well also lose his/her pension benefits.  I guess my company has higher expectations for the behavior of their employees while directly representing them?

Please wait…

Viewing 64 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.