Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 28 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is not going to end well and the people who could stop it are the Trumpers, but they seem unwilling

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Kermit56

Participant

and the people who could stop it are the Trumpers

Like Trumpers are out shooting politicians at softball games…oh wait.

• Anonymous

Inactive

and the people who could stop it are the Trumpers

Like Trumpers are out shooting politicians at softball games…oh wait.

Good grief. It’s a mental illness.

Not one if you addressed the proof of GOPs terrible history with voter suppression and your response to the clearly rising temp of politics is the child like “oh yeah what about 2017”

None of you ever own the complete cluster fuck of Trumpism. MAGA wearing clowns attack the Capitol.. “it was Antifa… it was the FBI … they were tourists.”

• Kermit56

Participant

Dude, you signaled out “Trumpers” as being the ones who need to stop the violence. And your response to my reply is about voter suppression? Try to stay on topic. Violence in politics is not inclusive to one party, right?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude, you signaled out “Trumpers” as being the ones who need to stop the violence. And your response to my reply is about voter suppression? Try to stay on topic. Violence in politics is not inclusive to one party, right?

They are the ones pushing the Big Lie and/or refusing to disavow it. The Big Lie is the well spring of the violence

• Kermit56

Participant

LOL. You cite an example of a person who threatened candidates and I cited an example of someone who actually shot people. I win.

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL. You cite an example of a person who threatened candidates and I cited an example of someone who actually shot people. I win.

Not really. I posted multiple example FROM THE PRESENT of Trumpism fomenting violence

You provided a deflection. I
      Mean, if we were going with the lady there are multiple Trump example, like the El Paso shooter, but the point was now, what actually happening now.., and what it means for the future

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey Kermit, back here in the real world of TODAY one of your people is admitting the violence IN COURT

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

• spartan

Participant

So do you think the manner and tone in which you contribute in the Cove contributes or depletes from attempts to bipartisanship and civil dialogue?

• Anonymous

Inactive

So do you think the manner and tone in which you contribute in the Cove contributes or depletes from attempts to bipartisanship and civil dialogue?

violence in the Cove?

really?

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is where violence is likely. Every state a real possibility

• spartan

Participant

Karma, I’m on the beach on vacation so responding via phone makes the website seem user friendly. Hence the silence.

But in response to your “violence in the cove? Really?” Yes, because when your every post. Starts with you are an idiot, prick and moron are you seriously try to tell me you are surprised by the type of response?

This relates to the current climate because the manner in which YOU communicate is atypical of the current Progressive messaging style. It’s aggressive, condescending and vitriolic. To then turn round and say you are surprised by the kind of response is either asinine or naive beyond measure!

• Anonymous

Inactive

to tell me you are surprised by the type of response?

I think you have that part backward lol

Can I do better in my tone? Absolutely. Is it a goal to encourage bi-partisanship HERE … in the Cove? Really? Should I start with KkkChron or Buggsy or do you mean Runole, maybe? One Truth?

Cmon man. I will match any one of you civility for civility? You wanna try? Most of my posts here are backed up by actual information, actual data, actual meaningful links. I am joking in all of them, but sure I could still improve my tone.

You guys get mad though, in part, because REALITY so often comes back to bite you (in some cases really hard)

I mean, Chauvin got 22 1/2 years today. Look in the thread. I think you suggest he would only be convicted because the jury would be scared? You think Flynn was innocent, Russia a hoax etc. Reality… actual facts… say that’s absurd. If I post reality it bothers you guys. You guys have 4 years of peddling lies that are now dissolving daily. That’s not my fault.

My point is that the truth hurts. But I agree my tone could be better. So, bring it on? Want to see who stays on topic? I am already up about 5-0 (Chron, Buggsy..etc) before we even start lol but I am up for it?

• Anonymous

Inactive

atypical of the current Progressive messaging style. It’s aggressive, condescending and vitriolic. To then turn round and say you are surprised by the kind of response is either asinine or naive beyond measure!

Not a progressive lol. Just not an alt righter like you goof balls

Also, when did I say I was surprised? Not sure I follow. The point of the thread is that political violence in the US (not the Cove lol) is almost inevitable because you’re all living in a fictional world. Not even one of you will denounce the Big Lie … even as gop groups say it’s a con

That’s a recipe for disaster. Just wait

• spartan

Participant

Karma,

I have a dry, droll, sarcastic sense of humor and I know that some/many don’t get it. But when NO-ONE thinks you are being funny, it might be time to rethink your approach. Even those who back you up don’t think you are being funny, so how are us “Trumpers” supposed to think so?

The point I was making before about the violence is that when those you are addressing think you are treating them like a piece of shit, do you really expect them to respond in a favorable manner? When you riot and burn cities down, do you honestly expect those same people who live in those cities to just roll over?

Look at where that violence originates, THEN perhaps you might be able to answer your question.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Karma,

I have a dry, droll, sarcastic sense of humor and I know that some/many don’t get it. But when NO-ONE thinks you are being funny, it might be time to rethink your approach. Even those who back you up don’t think you are being funny, so how are us “Trumpers” supposed to think so?

The point I was making before about the violence is that when those you are addressing think you are treating them like a piece of shit, do you really expect them to respond in a favorable manner? When you riot and burn cities down, do you honestly expect those same people who live in those cities to just roll over?

Look at where that violence originates, THEN perhaps you might be able to answer your question.

The violence originated from a lie

• Anonymous

Inactive

Spartan just to clarify. I am not posting to be funny. I am saying that my posts are offered in good humor, meaning not serious. It’s just a message board.

Your taking a thread that os about the real world and the very real prospect of more REAL political violence and turned into a thread about message board decorum. THE two things are not alike. If we have political violence in the US it’s will most likely be tied to Trump and a lie about losing the country.

• Anonymous

Inactive

. If we have political violence in the US it’s will most likely be tied to Trump and a lie about losing the country.

From last night

“ In an address that lasted about 90 minutes, Trump said that everything he “set up was going down the tubes” and repeated several times his false claim that the 2020 election was stolen from him,”

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

Violence falls on the silent, on those who put individual interest over country

• spartan

Participant

I really wouldn’t use Alker Seltzer as a source. I really would not.

• spartan

Participant

Spartan just to clarify. I am not posting to be funny. I am saying that my posts are offered in good humor, meaning not serious. It’s just a message board

Maybe if you weren’t so down right nasty about it …. ?

Democrats have been blaming everything that is wrong with this country on working class and blue collar white Americans, Rednecks, Hicks etc for 2 decades. Not only that but it has been done in a manner that essentially told them to shut and sit in the corner like a good little idiot. They have demeaned them at every possible opportunity. It’s indicative of the Capitol in Hunger Games.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Democrats have been blaming everything that is wrong with this country on working class and blue collar white Americans, Rednecks, Hicks etc for 2 decades.

Not sure I agree with that. The alternative view would be that the world is changing and the least equipped/educated (on average) of the group that has historically had most advantages see the advantages that were associated their status (not merits) slipping away. Human nature has them blaming everyone else, especially a bunch of fake boogeymen

White rage or whatever you want to call it. The truth is they are part of the problem but all we hear about is Antifa, the media, the Elites… etc etc

• Anonymous

Inactive

Back on topic, the real risk of violence comes primarily from Trumpers because they are the aggrieved and they are the ones being lied to

Just look how many of you refuse to acknowledge that the Big Lie is actually a lie

• Anonymous

Inactive

“One of a dozen experts appointed to an international taskforce in November to study the origins of the virus, Anderson hasn’t sought public attention, especially since being targeted by U.S. extremists in early 2020 after she exposed false information about the pandemic posted online. The vitriol that ensued prompted her to file a police report. The threats of violence many coronavirus scientists have experienced over the past 18 months have made them hesitant to speak out because of the risk that their words will be misconstrued.”

• Anonymous

Inactive

Extremism is anti information

I don’t think you can read that much into this article. Just one piece of the puzzle but you can see the impact of extremism. Share info, get threatened

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.