Viewing 45 reply threads

• Author

• KS_Buc

Participant

Wife and I are starting putting together our first trip to Tampa; only been able to see live once, Denver last year.  Seen post about good/ cheap hotels and fun bars close by but now can’t find them. Like to stay within walking distance for most. Any suggestions out there? Prob going to be either Ravens, Vikings, or Falcons game

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you really want walking distance, the only one i would remotely consider is the Holiday Inn express down the street from the stadium.. Make sure its not the Comfort Inn which shares a parking lot.  As for bars I cant help you there but for Tailgate….. look for the Whatthebuc.net tailgate..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I recommend St. Pete Beach or Siesta Key. Neither is cheap, but St. Pete Beach is the cheaper of the 2.

Please wait…

• lynnst

Participant

And my research continues…Appreciate it

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whoops.. I thought you were referring to walking distance to Stadium.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m in the middle of doing research as well as it has been a few years since I’ve been down there.  I live in Baltimore and my wife is a Ravens fan so we are coming down for the Ravens game.  I’m currently leaning towards staying at the Garden Inn by the airport.  Only a few miles from the stadium and we are planning on hitting Clearwater as well.  I still might stay in Clearwater though. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wife and I are starting putting together our first trip to Tampa; only been able to see live once, Denver last year.  Seen post about good/ cheap hotels and fun bars close by but now can't find them. Like to stay within walking distance for most. Any suggestions out there? Prob going to be either Ravens, Vikings, or Falcons game

Holiday Inn on South Dale Mabry Hwy - 10-15 minute walk to stadiumYou are limited on choices for bars that are near the stadium. There are a few strip clubs very close to the stadium that have drinking allowed. There is also a Chilis across the street.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the Comfort Inn north of the stadium isn’t that bad but is a little bit of a party spot…..the Holiday Inn beside it is a nicer location.  Beyond that it’s slim pickings, but there both within walking distance.

Please wait…

• lynnst

Participant

Looking like the holiday Inn would be best for us. Like to stay close to the stadium. Prob come in two days early and find a beach. Any opinions on clearwater beach or any semi close by? Don’t exactly see them in KS. Will defiantly join WTB before hand.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup, holiday inn is the closest decent hotel. Not too many bars within walking distance but you have Hyde park that’s a short drive and has a bunch of good bars. 500s Howard area. There’s McDintons, soho saloon, and a few other good bars right there. Bunch of good places to eat as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My buddy owns a really nice tattoo shop right there too if you want to forever commemorate the occasion. Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d stay in the Westshore area near International Plaza if I were you. Lots of decent, cheap hotels. Safe plus restaurants and bars.If you want swanky, go Epicurean Hotel on Howard (owned by Bern's) with all kinds of restaurants and bars on the street.  http://epicureanhotel.com/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My buddy owns a really nice tattoo shop right there too if you want to forever commemorate the occasion. Lol.

Might need to PM you. Looking to do a half sleeve.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Go to south Howard st.. I’m in ct fly down twice a year stay at Sheraton inn and suites and always eat at Charley’s steak house.. Yumm

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bump on Charlies Steak House

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

You’ll want to stay at the Renaissance Tampa International Hotel.Right next to International Plaza so you will have shopping for the wifey , and lots of great night life all within walking distance . The Stadium is even within walking distance , although it's a little bit of a hike from there - probably better off taking the very short cab ride , unless you are tight on cash.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stay at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. You won’t regret it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t live in Tampa but before one of the game I went to there a few years ago, I went to get breakfast at a joint called Mom’s Place. It was awesome and a great start to a fun game day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I stay across from the mall at the Hilton Westshore. I’ve been very happy with it and often go over to Mom’s place for breakfast when there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To the OP.Just PM that HATE guy you see here on the boards. He lets all the long distance fans stay at his crib when they come to town. Free of charge too. He is a helluva guy, great Buc fan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To the OP.Just PM that HATE guy you see here on the boards. He lets all the long distance fans stay at his crib when they come to town. Free of charge too. He is a helluva guy, great Buc fan.

has Java, Jdog, Ladyboy killer or whatever his name is today hacked into your account?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I recommend St. Pete Beach or Siesta Key. Neither is cheap, but St. Pete Beach is the cheaper of the 2.

Siesta Key is an amazing place ! The beach is beautiful and there are some fun restaurants and bars in the village. It's actually where I grew up and my parents still live, I think it's the nicest area within an hour from Tampa. There are some other nice beach towns on the gulf coast closer to Tampa.. Also Soho in Tampa is a cool area, probably like 15 minutes from the stadium? Alot of restaurants and bars, and just a generally nice area with character.

Please wait…

• lynnst

Participant

Thanks Hate – we’ll just bring the fam and dogs for the week

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Upscale I would also concur with some nice properties on the gulf beaches, or the hyatt or InterContinental Tampa  (Shula’s Steak House is there).If however you are looking for a good family friendly budget hotel, many out of town fans of other teams, including some friends of ours, use the Doubletree Tampa Airport.  I know they have a free breakfast buffet and free shuttles to the airport.Good luck

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you can get on MacDill there are plenty of options there as well…  We normally stay in the family camp in one of there 34’/$50 a night RVs.  On the beach with a restaurant, bar, marina with boat rentals, etc.  Cab is $20 to the WTB tailgate. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you can get on MacDill there are plenty of options there as well...  We normally stay in the family camp in one of there 34'/$50 a night RVs.  On the beach with a restaurant, bar, marina with boat rentals, etc.  Cab is $20 to the WTB tailgate.

I've seen several people mention the WTB tailgate.  I'm coming from out of town as well with the wife and kids.  Is that tailgate ok to bring kids too?  They are 4 and 8.  I would just go somewhere and park and tailgate, but getting supplies there could be difficult.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Absolutely.  Charitable donations accepted.

Please wait…

• lynnst

Participant

Been interested in the WTB as well. Is it BYOB?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nope.  Donation.  Food and bevs.  Give generously. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you can get on MacDill there are plenty of options there as well...  We normally stay in the family camp in one of there 34'/$50 a night RVs.  On the beach with a restaurant, bar, marina with boat rentals, etc.  Cab is $20 to the WTB tailgate.

I've seen several people mention the WTB tailgate.  I'm coming from out of town as well with the wife and kids.  Is that tailgate ok to bring kids too?  They are 4 and 8.  I would just go somewhere and park and tailgate, but getting supplies there could be difficult.

Donation based... Of course if you drink like a fish and eat like a horse, a healthy donation is appreciated. Its totally kid friendly and a fantastic time with tons of fans, food, drink and the such. I never miss it and have been going for a few years now.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

That’s actually very cool that they do that.  good on them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Go to south Howard st.. I'm in ct fly down twice a year stay at Sheraton inn and suites and always eat at Charley's steak house.. Yumm

Good plan! Walking distance to The Dollhouse too. Try Eddie V's one of these trips. That's the new upscale dining/drinking hot spot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Renaissance in International Plaza. 

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Why don’t they just charge a flat cover at WTB . It would be awkward just giving them a random amount of money and wondering if it’s enough .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why don't they just charge a flat cover at WTB . It would be awkward just giving them a random amount of money and wondering if it's enough .

They have a treasure chest there that you can drop money in should you decide to (you should). The tailgate has always been free to anyone but most people donate. Its a great time.. I've made quite a few friends over in Tampa from being there (I live on east coast of state).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Donation based... Of course if you drink like a fish and eat like a horse, a healthy donation is appreciated. Its totally kid friendly and a fantastic time with tons of fans, food, drink and the such. I never miss it and have been going for a few years now.

Great!  Thanks for the info.  Coming to that tailgate could be an option for us since I just don't want to park and go right into the stadium.  Where at the stadium is it located?  We are coming down from Baltimore for the Ravens game in October.  My wife is a Ravens fan so people will need to give her a hard time!  :D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its literally separated by a chain link fence fence from the stadium parking lot.Check out old schools Whatthebuc.net for specifics

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great!  Thanks for the info.  Coming to that tailgate could be an option for us since I just don't want to park and go right into the stadium.  Where at the stadium is it located?  We are coming down from Baltimore for the Ravens game in October.  My wife is a Ravens fan so people will need to give her a hard time!  :D

A block or two East of Ray Jay.... just south of 1Buc

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Siesta Key is an amazing place ! The beach is beautiful and there are some fun restaurants and bars in the village. It's actually where I grew up and my parents still live, I think it's the nicest area within an hour from Tampa. There are some other nice beach towns on the gulf coast closer to Tampa.. Also Soho in Tampa is a cool area, probably like 15 minutes from the stadium? Alot of restaurants and bars, and just a generally nice area with character.

I lived by north bridge for 6 years or so.  SK is da bomb.

Please wait…

• meadorsp

Participant

Stay at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. You won't regret it.

This.And if you are bringing the pooch...

This.And most of all - THIS.

Great folks at the WTB tailgates (and you shouldn't have to worry about blindfolding the kids).DO give generously though.  The monies donated pale in comparison to the good times/eats to be had.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And most of all - THIS.

Great folks at the WTB tailgates (and you shouldn't have to worry about blindfolding the kids).DO give generously though.  The monies donated pale in comparison to the good times/eats to be had.

Great, thanks for the information.  More than likely I will plan on bringing the family to the tailgate then.  Sounds like a great time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Get to the WTB tailgate early.  Find a good parking spot in their lot.  Get some food and drink before the crowd gets there.  Also, there are some pretty intense cornhole games going on so if you get there early you can put your name on the list.  I’ve heard my share of F bombs being dropped at WTB but then again it won’t be anything your kids won’t hear in the stadium.     

Please wait…

• lynnst

Participant

Think we’ve decided on staying in Clearwater and getting shuttle to the game. The WTB is quickly becoming an event I’m most excited for. If we get a shuttle to the stadium can you just walk into the tailgating area?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Think we've decided on staying in Clearwater and getting shuttle to the game. The WTB is quickly becoming an event I'm most excited for. If we get a shuttle to the stadium can you just walk into the tailgating area?

http://whatthebuc.net/tailgate/  Yep, it's walking distance for sure.  I've only been twice but the food was worth the donation in itself.   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Think we've decided on staying in Clearwater and getting shuttle to the game. The WTB is quickly becoming an event I'm most excited for. If we get a shuttle to the stadium can you just walk into the tailgating area?

http://whatthebuc.net/tailgate/  Yep, it's walking distance for sure.  I've only been twice but the food was worth the donation in itself. 

Going to be new food rescources this year but I cant imagine it not being stellar. Ive been doing this tailgate for the last few years.. Its a great time and being that im not quite local.. its been a nice way to meet and become friends wit several in the Tampa area. I HIGHLY reccomend the tailgate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are staying in Clearwater as well for a few days and then staying in Tampa on Saturday and Sunday.  It's a pretty short drive from Clearwater to the stadium if you decide to drive.  I'm leaning towards parking at the WTB tailgate since that is what a few on here have recommended.

Please wait…

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.