Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 26 reply threads

• Author

• garfield

Participant

What a difference maker this guy is, even at not close to 100% I’m sure. Dude commands double teams every time he is on the field. Total difference maker.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Vea is going to improve because you can see playing with Suh is rubbing off of him on how to play the position.

Build the trenches!

• knucknbuc

Participant

not the dt we deserve but the dt we needed. such a breath of fresh air the dline in general  is no more soft play or picking ppl up or apologizing after tackling. thank god. gholston  also looks rejuvenated also. i always knew he would be a better 3-4 player.

• bveghte

Participant

Hopefully everyone will now agree that drafting an excellent defensive lineman has more impact on a D than drafting an excellent (or even superior) safety.

• TBChucky

Participant

Love me some Vea! He’s a beast.

• Detrimental

Participant

Vea is a monster

• BucFanFromATL

Participant

Vea is an absolute LOAD to try to handle… and right in the middle most of the time. He is commanding and EATING UP double teams… I saw many times where he flat out beat double teams.

But the overall effect it has… He is keeping the Inside LB’s clean… and the edge rushes are seeing a lot more single teams or plain running free with the different blitz packages.

You can see how the disguises really had the Panthers offense shook. The constant pressure forced so many bad passes… passes that I could see would have been EASY completions under Mike Smith and Lovie Smith.

I want to pump the breaks because it’s only been 2 weeks… but man this defense as a whole passes the eye test each time. I hope they continue to get better we have a chance at building something serious.

• Easythe great

Participant

Hes a man beast in the middle. I saw several plays where he blew up the center and pushed him to the ground. He might kill Eli if he gets his hands on him.

Bucs fan from Texas.. FIRE THE CANNONS!!!

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Hes a man beast in the middle. I saw several plays where he blew up the center and pushed him to the ground. He might kill Eli if he gets his hands on him.

I could be okay with that!

• GoldsonAges

Participant

There was a short yardage play vs the 9ers where they doubled Vea and Suh made a huge TFL.

With Vea and Suh on that DL offenses have no chance.

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• Bootz2004

Blocked

He was in Cam’s face all night and in the backfield consistently. Double teams are no issue for him.

• G.O.A.T. Pellets

Participant

As was my case for him when we drafted him over James…The universe simply does not make many creatures like him. He is a uniquely gifted combination of size, speed and strength. So long as he avoids the injury bug I believe he is a perennial all-pro by his third season. I saw him up close at the game on opening day and I legitimately have never seen a human being with that level of density and mass move like that…like, ever!

Vita for president! :)

• Anonymous

Inactive

Has to be said: Derwin James. Lol

Our “fat lazy slug” is looking like the better pick more and more.

• Roy

Participant

He’s the most interesting player on the Bucs.  Stay healthy my friend.

• BP1

Participant

He’s a big Teddy Bear off the field and the Tasmanian Devil on the field.

• Madman

Participant

Vea and Suh have proven tough as hell to run against. Then you have Gholston and Beau Allen. That’s some beef! Can’t believe I actually relish short yardage downs against this D. 4th and 1? Bring it!

• G.O.A.T. Pellets

Participant

So true! The last several years I just hoped after easily getting 2/3 yards the RB didn’t break a big one against us….not any more!

• kenntak

Participant

How much of an effect does Vea’s play has on players like Barrett, do you think that Vea makes the whole line better? Barrett had 3 sacks, when was the last time a Bucs player got 3 sacks in a game?

• bucboi813

Participant

@kenntak vita was double and tripled even he has a lot to do with the sacks moving him and suh around is gonna be hell for people

• Bootz2004

Blocked

Vita is a monster. Suh isn’t bad but thus far he’s getting a ton of 1 on 1 matchups and isn’t doing anything with them. Gholston has been better than Suh at this point honestly. Vita is just about unblockable.

• CaptainStagger

Participant

Suh will get his. Just keep stopping the run and let the backers and safety’s get the sacks. If I’m correct Barrett rushes behind Suh doesn’t he?

• Bootz2004

Blocked

Suh will get his. Just keep stopping the run and let the backers and safety’s get the sacks. If I’m correct Barrett rushes behind Suh doesn’t he?

It’s not as if Suh is tasked with eating up double teams or even holding the edge. He’s seeing single blocking and is getting pushed around quite a bit right now. It’s not really a surprise. He’s 32 and has been declining for years now. Barrett started seeing more double teams after his 2nd sack and in fact his 3rd sack came against a double team.

• BP1

Participant

Vita is a monster. Suh isn’t bad but thus far he’s getting a ton of 1 on 1 matchups and isn’t doing anything with them. Gholston has been better than Suh at this point honestly. Vita is just about unblockable.

Will Gholston is absorbing as much as he can from Suh. Seems like he was Suh’s shadow most of camp. It’s starting to show in games. Let’s hope this trend continues.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Suh destroyed the Cowboys in last years playoffs. Suh actually played better than Donald did in the entirety of the playoffs.

Suh will be fine, he takes care of himself. He’s got 2-3 more solid years of anchoring an interior.

• BP1

Participant

Barrett had 3 sacks, when was the last time a Bucs player got 3 sacks in a game?

Does anyone have an answer? Most would think Sapp or Rice. I seem to remember a player doing it once who never turned out to be a force in the league. I could be wrong. It might have even been on another team I was watching on MNF or something.

• Vance

Participant

He wouldn’t be this good with McCoy here . Suh pushing the young guy to success!

• The Anti-Java

Participant

You are being stat guy.
      If nothing else, he brings an attitude to the D-line that we needed badly. And it shows big time. And as far as I know, his fave movie is not the Little Mermaid.

• Bootz2004

Blocked

You are being stat guy.

If nothing else, he brings an attitude to the D-line that we needed badly. And it shows big time. And as far as I know, his fave movie is not the Little Mermaid.

Not at all. Stats really don’t matter. Vita’s stats certainly don’t pop out but it’s easy to see his impact against the run and the pass. He’s showing up on tape. Suh however is not and when you look closer at the tape you see him getting stifled pretty often thus far.

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.