Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 3 reply threads

• Author

• chXmcd

Participant

i have a really good feeling about vita vea being a huge factor in us winning. i heard today that with them moving the RT rimmers to LT, they also moved the starting RG wyile to play RT. with all the new bodys at new positions i just feel like vita is going to destroy the pocket. you add that to shaq and jpp getting 1s on 1s all game with backups with mahomes not having a pocket to step up in. another thing to consider is if the tackles get beat up enough maybe they consider leaving kelce inline to help block a little more than they usually would. im thinking 31-27 bucs on sunday !!!

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

I too thought our line would be the X factor. Especially with Vita Vea back.

Just a few things that worry me. Not saying “ WILL” happen. I hope you are 1000% right on.

However ,Mahomes moves laterally n backwards better than anyone. Most QBs suffer if pressure is in their face. He actually prefers to be on the move. Its what makes the NFL worship him. He buys time moving around n hits an open guy. Thats what IS Patrick Mahomes.

Now assuming you are right. There’s the officiating to overcome. Now I’m not a whiner n cry about calls that often, if ever. However their line holds 25-40% of the time. That’s not being a sour fan or sore sport, it’s fact. Bosa was held on every other or every third drop back last year and it was obvious the refs can’t stop a SB every 3rd play with flags.
      Go watch the drive vs us mid 4th quarter. They got tired and we started getting home. They were actually called for holding twice on one drive but missed a few others. Devin White clearly getting grabbed by CEH cus he beat him. Romo circled him before the snap too, cus he was blitzing. It ended in a big 20 yrd first down play with White a step late.

It’s just common sense. How can a guy run around buying that much time as often as he does and NOBODY holds???

You watch and see if I’m wrong. If a subpar Oline without both tackles and a shuffled line can lock down Barrett, Suh, Vea, JPP. You tell me you won’t find that odd?

• Mic

Participant

The way he drops back he can only do it cause of his arm strength. The way he plays is because of his unbelievable arm strength. Don’t think he becomes the GOAT 10years from now

• chXmcd

Participant

I saw the article about how mahomes retreats in the pocket as well and if we play it right that can be a huge downfall. As long as we play cover 2 and our second level players play with correct depth he will have to make a living of very high difficulty throws over the linebackers and in front of the safety with our edge rushers in his face. Mahomes is great and I see him hitting on a lot of these plays during the game, however I also would bet on our boys getting a pick or 2 or at very least hitting and rattling him.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.