Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 11 reply threads

• Author

• spurzo

Participant

Whenever somebody mentions that Von Miller is free agent I legitimately laugh out loud because there is no way in bloody hell that the Broncos let him even sniff an offer from another team.  With that said Tampa has an incredible amount of cap space and if I'm Licht I'm happily offering him a 6 year 100 mil contract, 16 mil per (same as Watt).  I'm sure that it wouldn't work but he would easily be worth the money.  He turns 27 by the start of next year and is the most demonic pass rusher that I have ever seen.  Seeing him terrorize Brady and Co today was one of my favourite football performances of the last half decade.

• Anonymous

Inactive

As great as Von Miller is I don’t know how he translates in a 4-3 but he is an amazing 3-4 OLB

• Anonymous

Inactive

As great as Von Miller is I don't know how he translates in a 4-3

Funny enough 2015 is the first year that Miller played in a 3-4

• Anonymous

Inactive

I always thought with Jack Del Rio they ran basically both and Miller rushed a lot out of the 3-4 so the transition to Wades full time 3-4 defense was no issue and I have no doubt he could be a full 4-3 OLB but I feel like he would be wasting his pass rushing talent and we also have David and Kwon

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great player but he has Ware helping out. Mario might be a better option.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I always thought with Jack Del Rio they ran basically both and Miller rushed a lot out of the 3-4 so the transition to Wades full time 3-4 defense was no issue

Del Rio (and Allen in 2011) had both looks 4-3 and 3-4 but from a base standpoint he was a 4-3 SLB on obvious run downs and blitzed standing up sometimes.  On passing downs he put his hand down and played 4-3 DE.  He has outstanding run grades from PFF in both looks and certainly can hold up in run D at DE to my eye.  His pass rushing is Derrick Thomas like IMO

• Anonymous

Inactive

Von had 18.5 sacks and his most tackles in 2012, two years before Ware arrived... playing in a 4-3

• Anonymous

Inactive

Von had 18.5 sacks and his most tackles in 2012, two years before Ware arrived... playing in a 4-3

Fair point, what I meant is Mario might have a better chance of hitting free agency than Miller.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fair point, what I meant is Mario might have a better chance of hitting free agency than Miller.

Ya totally true.  Miller is not hitting FA, it's a pipe dream

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is clearly not what you meant. As usual, you made an uninformed and unintelligent post.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he’s an unrestricted free agent…..does he not have the right to shop around?.unless they franchise him..if this is Payton Mannings last year does he want to wait for a new heir apparent to be groomed?…..just a fleeting thought

• CapnFear

Participant

If he's an unrestricted free agent.....does he not have the right to shop around?.unless they franchise him..if this is Payton Mannings last year does he want to wait for a new heir apparent to be groomed?.....just a fleeting thought

Denver is not letting him step one foot out of that city.  They will franchise him as soon as the SB is over if they have to.  They have Osweiler that they have been grooming for the past 3 years and I think that they feel comfortable enough with him.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.