Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 13 reply threads

• Author

• wreck ship

Participant

Remember when every scout, gm, and arm chair qb wrote that kid Burflict off? Who’s laughing now?I hate Payton "papa johns" Manning. There should be a seperation of football and politics and we all know how papa johnnys feels about obamacare and Manning o bviously agrees so I hope someone breaks his knees.Looking forward to the pregame talk about the Bucs and fins organizations more so than the game. Its a sad state of affairs with fla professional football teams when the focus is on the teams management and not on the team.Imo this is Glennons "tryout" game for his future in the nfl. If he stinks it up and we lose he' s getting replaced and he may not find a job in the nfl. If he looks good and we win our 1st game, he could get another yr with the bucs and an opportunity to suck for Winston.How Schiano is still a Buc employee is beyond me. I hate the Glazers.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I never wrote the kid off…I wanted to take him with a late pick.  He still gets a lot of personal fouls…with a good coaching staff.  I think with us he would have not been a good fit considering our poor coaching.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I never wrote the kid off...I wanted to take him with a late pick.  He still gets a lot of personal fouls...with a good coaching staff.  I think with us he would have not been a good fit considering our poor coaching.

i too wanted Burflict and figured he was worth a 2nd. Now the scouts have descended on Javon Clowney hoping to blacklist him like they have a personal vendetta against him. Damn armchair scouts and their opinions

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wanted Burfict in R1 going into his senior year. The guy just imploded and his craptastic pro day showing solidified that. Still I wanted a flyer on himwith a late round. The guy can still play, but he get more flags than Goldson and Hitner combined.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wanted Burfict in R1 going into his senior year. The guy just imploded and his craptastic pro day showing solidified that. Still I wanted a flyer on himwith a late round. The guy can still play, but he get more flags than Goldson and Hitner combined.

he did tank his last college season but that 2nd coaching staff was crap and did disrespect him. How many lb’s drafted that yr are better than him?

• Anonymous

Inactive

he did tank his last college season but that 2nd coaching staff was crap and did disrespect him. How many lb's drafted that yr are better than him?

Hard question to answer considering it was so recent and it takes some time for a lot of guys to make the transition.  But here would be my list of guys (LBs) I would rather have from that draft over him.Bobby WagnerZach BrownLavonte David (I hear he is pretty good too)Danny TrevathanVB's talent level may be better than some of these guys, but I wouldnt have to worry about multiple PF calls per game or be scared he is going to pull a "Pacman" after the game.  Would I have liked him instead of Goode?  Absolutely.  But I wouldnt take him over David.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Congrats to Burfict (and the Bengals organization) for evidently turning his life around, but this guy was a horrible draft prospect for a variety of reasons.  He went from being a legit first rounder coming into to last year in college to being undrafted because of stupid decisions on and off of the field, as well some fairly bad play on the field.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Congrats to Burfict (and the Bengals organization) for evidently turning his life around, but this guy was a horrible draft prospect for a variety of reasons.  He went from being a legit first rounder coming into to last year in college to being undrafted because of stupid decisions on and off of the field, as well some fairly bad play on the field.

And he still has a little work to do, I saw some of that game Sunday, and IIRC, he had a costly personal foul late in the game. He has been beastly, just has to play under control though.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wait, a physical freak of nature became a dominant player when a coach got him back in shape? Shocker. Passing on him passed round 3 was absurd.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wait, a physical freak of nature became a dominant player when a coach got him back in shape? Shocker. Passing on him passed round 3 was absurd.

The entire league passed on him after round three.  You think that was a coincidence?This is the definition of a hindsight thread.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Burfict looked TERRIBLE at the combine and mildly mediocre at his Pro day. He looked ill prepared and untalented. Piled on top of his lackluster Senior year and his off the field problems, he was taken off draft boards.He didn't look legit. I'm glad he seems to be making a positive name for himself.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The entire league passed on him after round three.  You think that was a coincidence?This is the definition of a hindsight thread.

more like an “I told you so” thread considering I was a fan of nabbing him in rd 2.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is no reason you pass on a player like Burfict if he is there in the 7th round just based on the talent and potential he has as a player. Most 7th round picks don’t stay in the league anyway so you’re not hurt if he doesn’t reach his potential. The reward is way higher than the risk there. Just imagine if Burfict was our starting SLB alongside Foster and David. Probably the best line backing core in the NFL but probably with this high school of a coaching staff he never reaches that potential.

• Anonymous

Inactive

more like an "I told you so" thread considering I was a fan of nabbing him in rd 2.

Only an idiot would have used a second round draft pick on a player that would go undrafted.  You should be proud.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Vontez Burflict leads nfl in tackles, I hate P.Manning and other random thoughts’ is closed to new replies.