Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 8 reply threads

• Author

• mgchat76

Participant

I live in Denver and listen to a lot of local sports radio.  There are a couple of Broncos who are reportedly lighting it up in training camp and their 1st preseason game, but because of their position may not make the team.  Shaq Barrett (6’2″ 250 lb) and Kenny Anunike (6’5″ 275 lb) are both 2nd year undrafted DE/OLB that have played well, but are on a team that has Von Miller, Demarcus Ware, and just drafted Shane Ray.  The word is that the Broncos may try to stash one or both on the practice squad, but are worried they’ll be signed elsewhere.  Barrett has been the 3rd best pass rusher all training camp (ahead of Ray) and has been compared favourably to Von Miller himself due to his burst and flexibility.Two other names to note:Michael Schofield OT - Was drafted in the 3rd round last year to be the heir apparent at RT, but has severely underperformed and is in definite danger of being cut.  I only bring up his name because of our O-line woes.Lamin Barrow ILB - Another 2nd year player who is not making the switch to 3-4 very well.  I remember Lovie being rumored to be high on him before the draft last year, but our MIKE position seems to be a lot stronger now, so it may not matter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks mg! I’ll watch for these cuts and hope that the Bucs bring someone in for a look. Barrett seems like a strong candidate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nice post. Cool to get a perspective from another team. Can’t wait until teams start trimming their rosters.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was jealous watching the Broncos vs Seahawks preseason game and they had ty sambrailo starting at LT who looked to be holding his own very well.  Lucky them, can draft a late second round guy who starts as a rookie LT and possibly be good right away. We really could have went all out last draft to try and fix the line but we took a projected guard to play LT for us, and traded up for a division 3 guy. They may work out well, and i do like them, but we should have taken 3 Oline in the first 4 rounds..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was jealous watching the Broncos vs Seahawks preseason game and they had ty sambrailo starting at LT who looked to be holding his own very well.  Lucky them, can draft a late second round guy who starts as a rookie LT and possibly be good right away. We really could have went all out last draft to try and fix the line but we took a projected guard to play LT for us, and traded up for a division 3 guy. They may work out well, and i do like them, but we should have taken 3 Oline in the first 4 rounds..

Why in the hell are you posting on a Bucs message board and not sitting in an NFL boardroom all year and sitting in the war room on Draft day for one of these 32 teams in the league. How in the hell did the NFL miss out on your talents? Odd.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why in the hell are you posting on a Bucs message board and not sitting in an NFL boardroom all year and sitting in the war room on Draft day for one of these 32 teams in the league. How in the hell did the NFL miss out on your talents? Odd.

thats a good question. A lot of things just dont make sense in this world today

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sambrailo has stepped up, but it definitely wasn't the plan to start him until Clady went down again. They also have 4th rd pick Max Garcia starting at LG, and their 6th rd pick from last year starting at C.  RT Ryan Harris was signed to be a stopgap/backup, but Schofield's lack of development pushed him into a starting role, too.  Their O-line situation didn't look much better than ours before the 1st preseason game.  Having Kubiak's ZBS seems to help cover some of the youth, at least so far.  Peyton may not be the player he once was, but he still gets the ball out quickly and helps make his O-line look good, too. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I live in Denver and listen to a lot of local sports radio.  There are a couple of Broncos who are reportedly lighting it up in training camp and their 1st preseason game, but because of their position may not make the team.  Shaq Barrett (6'2" 250 lb) and Kenny Anunike (6'5" 275 lb) are both 2nd year undrafted DE/OLB that have played well, but are on a team that has Von Miller, Demarcus Ware, and just drafted Shane Ray.  The word is that the Broncos may try to stash one or both on the practice squad, but are worried they'll be signed elsewhere.  Barrett has been the 3rd best pass rusher all training camp (ahead of Ray) and has been compared favourably to Von Miller himself due to his burst and flexibility.Two other names to note:Michael Schofield OT - Was drafted in the 3rd round last year to be the heir apparent at RT, but has severely underperformed and is in definite danger of being cut.  I only bring up his name because of our O-line woes.Lamin Barrow ILB - Another 2nd year player who is not making the switch to 3-4 very well.  I remember Lovie being rumored to be high on him before the draft last year, but our MIKE position seems to be a lot stronger now, so it may not matter.

Definitely, a player Lovie liked pre-draft and I did as well coming out of LSU....Might not be a bad pickup and 5th-6th LB'er for us and SPT'er...

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

That Div 3 guy was who sprung Winston for the running TD he had.

Please wait…

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.