Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• Skull and Bones

Participant

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Donovan Smith, OT, Penn State:  C+ Grade  It had to be one of the tackles, and I would've gone with Jake Fisher over Donovan McNabb, erm, Smith. I think it's a mistake to p(censored) on Fisher. Smith is very athletic, but never developed at Penn State - and I say this as a Nittany Lion alumnus. Smith has motivation issues, so taking him atop Round 2 is awfully risky. He has the potential to be a Pro Bowler, but he could just as easily bust. Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades2.php#douKLzia78WvDvvZ.99

• Anonymous

Inactive

Props to you S&B I think you were the first poster to talk about Smith.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jake Fisher gave up a BU**LOAD of blindside sacks. Don’t believe me? Ask Marcus Benchiriota.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fisher obviously isn’t as coveted by NFL teams as much as he is by pundits and draftniks. Also another thing to consider: we drafted an OT with motivation issues right after drafting a QB who is known to be a big time motivator. Hopefully that combination works in our favor and we have a strong LT for a decade.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fisher is still on the board so who knows what happens in the third round.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fisher committed way too many penalties. He will fall hard.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Props to you S&B I think you were the first poster to talk about Smith.

Darryl Williams from Oklahoma is another one I’ve advocated for.  Maybe in the 3rd.

• Anonymous

Inactive

PR reported the Bucs loved Kendricks and thought he was best LB in draft.  Walter gives the Vikes an A+ for taking him.  CC loves him as well.  Did we make a mistake? 

• Anonymous

Inactive

They had Clemmings and Fisher rated higher?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does Walter or Charlie work for an NFL team? Have they worked as scouts, personnel directors or coaches? No? Then who effin cares. Only time will tell if we made a mistake. Don’t get your panties in a wad over something someone said on the Internet.

• Anonymous

Inactive

PR reported the Bucs loved Kendricks and thought he was best LB in draft.  Walter gives the Vikes an A+ for taking him.  CC loves him as well.  Did we make a mistake?

I loved Kendricks but have nor problem with Smith. He's a bad attitude nasty fat guy. We need the guy who gets the occasional "hands to the face" penalty but it's more like a fist to the face kind of call...

• Anonymous

Inactive

only person with his panties in a wad is you.  Just reporting the buzz.  I don’t hate the Smith pick.  I was bringing his name up a few months ago.  Would have loved him in the 3rd but thought he would go mid to late 2nd.  Just not at 34. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is certainly possible. Now that Perriman is gone, all the starting caliber ILBs are gone. More than likely there will be more starting caliber offensive linemen available. But we should have known the Bucs would not be in the market for a ILB because they gave Carter $20 million for playing well half of one season. That never works out poorly.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kendricks is a great pick for the Vikes, no doubt. Teaming him up with his old UCLA LB buddy is gonna be a force for a long time.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well Paul Dawson might be avail. in the 3rd but he has his own commitment to football and work ethic issues. 

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.