Viewing 10 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

How do we not address WR with our first pick. A guy as talented as Vincent Jackson could get wasted if we dont have a true #2.  I realize that this draft is as deep as any can remember WR wise,  I think there are only a few that can be counted on to be effective right away and with Williams gone that face becomes more glaring.  I used to want to trade out of the pick, but I am leaning more and more towards Evans.  I do think he will be there.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im with you, but I think things will be fine if we trade down and select a player like Cooks or Lee. Preferably Cooks.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just worried that if we dont go WR early we are stuck with the inexperience and lack of size/speed and then we lean on Murphy as a #2.  I do think Murphy will be a nice piece but he’s not an every down WR that serves as any threat.  Evans would give us two #1s.  Which would be nice.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jackson had his best season ever last year with no one at WR but him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just worried that if we dont go WR early we are stuck with the inexperience and lack of size/speed and then we lean on Murphy as a #2.  I do think Murphy will be a nice piece but he's not an every down WR that serves as any threat.  Evans would give us two #1s.  Which would be nice.

True but Evans lacks #1 speed. We already have a possession/jump ball WR in Jackson, I think our offense would be much more versatile if we drafted a guy like Cooks or Watkins who have that speed. I also think Tedford is going to run an offense that kind of leans on having speed at the WR position. Just my impression so far....

• Anonymous

Inactive

He did do pretty good in 2013, but 2012 was his best year...

• Anonymous

Inactive

He will not be there by pick 7.The Raiders will take him, or the Niners will move up in front of us and yoink him.We will, however have the pick of Bridgewater, Robinson, and Carr...although Carr makes me nervous.  Like he always is.My opinion anyways.  Evans and Watkins are both gonesauce by the time the Bucs pick.  Put money on it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Raiders, Browns and Jaguars will all take QBs if the right one is available when they draft.  Clowney, Mack and Robinson will be gone.  I could see the Falcons trading down potentially as they want an Olinemen but I dont see another trade partner for them outside of maybe us.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You dont think he would be better with a solid #2 in the mix??

• Anonymous

Inactive

The reason you dont pick a WR with #7 this year is because this class is LOADED with wr’s. We can easily get a starting wideout in the second round.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The reason you dont pick a WR with #7 this year is because this class is LOADED with wr's. We can easily get a starting wideout in the second round.

My initial point was, even though the draft is loaded, WR historically have a tough time their first year.  We would benefit this year, by drafting the best one available at that time. 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.