Viewing 26 reply threads

• Author

• blind melon

Participant

http://therealsportscave.com/2014/06/13/10-players-to-watch-out-for-in-2014/10. The whole Tampa Bay offense- I couldn’t pick just one player to watch out for in this group. With Josh McCown, Mike Evans, Vincent Jackson, Doug Martin and Austin Seferian-Jenkins. This offense has the potential to make some noise in 2014. Jackson is an established receiver in the league; which Evans will learn from. Evans will have a lot of balls thrown his way; with Jackson taking the attention of the number one corner on the field..."Bizzaro World...  Check.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we had an offense teams needed to watch out for… I wouldn’t know what to do with myself. I still have question marks about QB and G but I do think we could field a pretty darn good offense this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When I see us run a decent screen then I’ll definitely know I’m in some alternate dimension.

Please wait…

• meadorsp

Participant

http://therealsportscave.com/2014/06/13/10-players-to-watch-out-for-in-2014/10. The whole Tampa Bay offense- I couldn’t pick just one player to watch out for in this group. With Josh McCown, Mike Evans, Vincent Jackson, Doug Martin and Austin Seferian-Jenkins. This offense has the potential to make some noise in 2014. Jackson is an established receiver in the league; which Evans will learn from. Evans will have a lot of balls thrown his way; with Jackson taking the attention of the number one corner on the field..."Bizzaro World...  Check.

I gather you disagree with the concept Melon?fm06-3513-back-to-school-movies-back-to-school.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah seeing us run a good screen or reverse for once would be amazing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No more reverses , thanks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When I see us run a decent screen then I'll definitely know I'm in some alternate dimension.

+1No one misses the Benn-around?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF3MktSo5vw

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They had to get Dummyniks 2nd round pick involved somehow. He sure couldn’t get open in a pass route.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can’t get too excited about the offense. Not this year at least. Rookie receivers rarely have instant success. There are better TEs than ASJ that didn’t break out in their rookies seasons. There are still questions at Guard. McCown needs weapons around him to succeed. He had those in Chicago and those guys were veterans. 2015, 2016 will be fun to watch but I’m going to temper my expectations for 2014. The defense will lead this team this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it’s fine to temper your expectations for the offense. There ARE a lot of questions surrounding them. However, we have all seen rookies come in a have impactful years so it’s not out of realm of possibility either. We really don’t need ASJ to be a factor this year, frankly I think Tim Wright will be the best TE on this team this year and we also still have Myers who is a pretty good option as well. We do need Evans to play well early though, but even if he doesn’t we do have some veteran depth in Louis Murphy. I’ll grant you that guard is a concern.Still the 2012 team finished at #9 in total offense mostly behind Martin and a patchwork offensive line. We have the potential to be good. I think it mostly falls on Tedford's abilities. Cautiously optimistic about the offense, but I agree, it'll be the defense that will carry the team this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like Nitey said , ASJ doesn’t need to be good right away. We are deep at TE.It basically all comes down to Evans. If Evans gives teams matchup problems right away opposite Vjax , then much like the Bears, the Bucs offense is going to give defenses fits.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let’s see.Only1 player OL a carryover from last year, no guards with any real experience, and 2 other FA where chemistry is so important. Also a rookie WR at # 2 position, a rookie TE at # 2 position,an apparent #2 RB a rookie and a QB who has not started very many games in his career.Now to top it all off an OC who has never worked in the NFL-this scares me more than the players.Can you see why I am concerned?.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The key to our season will be our coach’s ability to get the best out of all the young talent we’ve added. And players’ development of chemistry is part of that process. Finding out who the leaders will be on the field is very important. Very encouraged on offense with the vet McCown very quickly and firmly taking the reins from day 1.     On D we are much younger, so effective leadership IMO is still an issue. I still have concerns on D; everyone is talking up McCoy, but his teammates didn't exactly jump in line by responding to his efforts last season. Hopefully our D'line additions will make themselves heard on the field very quickly. The MLB position is very important; still not sold on Foster, as that was a favorite spot for teams to attack us in the pass game. Hopefully his weight loss will help. And we have the same Safety combo we had last season, although we've added some quality depth that has starting experience.     For us to make a serious run, the play of our D'line HAS to improve dramatically. Cullen has his work cut out for him to get these guys all into BEAST mode fast!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Niners offense is going to be nasty.  Their wideouts are sick.

Please wait…

• meadorsp

Participant

The Niners offense is going to be nasty.  Their wideouts are sick.

I thought we were talking Bucs ball on this one?  Whatev...

The key to our season will be our coach's ability to get the best out of all the young talent we've added. And players' development of chemistry is part of that process. Finding out who the leaders will be on the field is very important. Very encouraged on offense with the vet McCown very quickly and firmly taking the reins from day 1.     On D we are much younger, so effective leadership IMO is still an issue. I still have concerns on D; everyone is talking up McCoy, but his teammates didn't exactly jump in line by responding to his efforts last season. Hopefully our D'line additions will make themselves heard on the field very quickly. The MLB position is very important; still not sold on Foster, as that was a favorite spot for teams to attack us in the pass game. Hopefully his weight loss will help. And we have the same Safety combo we had last season, although we've added some quality depth that has starting experience.     For us to make a serious run, the play of our D'line HAS to improve dramatically. Cullen has his work cut out for him to get these guys all into BEAST mode fast!

This...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It will probably take some time. I think McCown is the X factor. I think if he can carry over his game from the Bears the offense will be decent. VJack and Evans are playmakers and will be fine. I think TE looks good now after it being a weakness. RB is deep. Three questions linger for me about our offense. 1. Will McCown carry over his play from da bears?2. Can the Oline protect and block?3. Will the offense that Tedford is bringing from the college ranks translate to the pro game?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the physical talent is there in spades on offense. Turning them into a disciplined (ZERO tolerance for penalties!) and coordinated unit will be the challenge. Having a good leader in the huddle should help get everyone there FOCUSED on their job for each play. I actually like them giving the young Gs a longer look, as having Gs that can RUN gives us more chances to spring big plays with runs and screens. And these 2 youngsters have wheels…     Of course Tedford has an early edge with no NFL tape for opposing DCs to study...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can't get too excited about the offense. Not this year at least.

How can you not be excited about improving on the 32nd ranked Glennon led offense? With additions of McCown, Evans, ASJ and Simms....along with a returning Dougie and a new shot-caller, i'm amp'd as hell!!

Please wait…

• meadorsp

Participant

I can't get too excited about the offense. Not this year at least.

How can you not be excited about improving on the 32nd ranked Glennon led offense? With additions of McCown, Evans, ASJ and Simms....along with a returning Dougie and a new shot-caller, i'm amp'd as hell!!

Nowhere to go but up!  In a league that is cyclic, to say the least, it's pretty damned impossible to NOT be all jacked up about 2014!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you’d have to be one helluva debbie downer to not have a lil bit of optimism right now!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the offense is good, it will be because of a good running game, and good short passing game to RBs. Not because of a great passing game.I don't doubt that he could put up a franchise best season for a QB, but that wouldn't really be anything to write home about in the modern NFL. I'm not expecting 35+ TDs or anything, and I don't expect the passing offense to really carry the team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the offense is good, it will be because of a good running game, and good short passing game to RBs. Not because of a great passing game.I don't doubt that he could put up a franchise best season for a QB, but that wouldn't really be anything to write home about in the modern NFL. I'm not expecting 35+ TDs or anything, and I don't expect the passing offense to really carry the team.

If our offense has any success at all, it will be because of a solid passing game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If our offense has any success at all, it will be because it’s well balanced.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Last season we had reasonable success on the ground from a ypc standpoint.  I just think the passing game has to get more creative and not rely on one man.  If ASJ and Evans can help relieve what Vjax is shouldering then we may be on to something.  My main concern with all of this is there are so many new parts, more often than not, that is tough to overcome initially.  I hope our D can stand tall until our O gets going.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the offense is good, it will be because of a good running game, and good short passing game to RBs. Not because of a great passing game.

what exactly are you basing this on?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well it’s a good got damned thing McCown is good under pressure because we’re missing two starting guards….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well it's a good got damned thing McCown is good under pressure because we're missing two starting guards....

Well of course . That was part of our plan , to keep him under pressure. sherlockbrilliant_zps53950037.gif

Please wait…

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.