Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 6 reply threads

• Author

• spurzo

Participant

Haven’t seen a Bucs GM close good deals on Day 1 of Free Agency in… Maybe ever

The Jackson deal is extremely exciting and we paid big money but nothing too crazy, for the top deep threat on the market and in the league. If Djax loses speed in a year or two, the deal is in no way crippling though.

The Baker signing is stunningly awesome. I have no idea how Licht got him to agree to such a small deal, on day 1. Dion Sims got more money than Baker did. He is going to become a fan favourite and team leader very quickly.

In the past we had to grossly overpay for these types of players, now it appears players are interested in coming to Tampa… Well done Licht, just please never draft a kicker again !

• tiapanda

Participant

“In the past we had to grossly overpay for these types of players, now it appears players are interested in coming to Tampa”

Licht and company were impressive yesterday.  They got the 2 players they had targeted on Day 1 to nice contracts without overpaying in positions of dire need.  I can’t remember a time when this board has almost unanimously lauded our top free agent signings and their contracts like this year.  This feels “smart”.  Not a feeling I’ve had very often with the Bucs front office.  One of the guys on NFLN this morning said this will be the most explosive offense in Buc’s history.  I agree.

• Havok904

Participant

“In the past we had to grossly overpay for these types of players, now it appears players are interested in coming to Tampa” Licht and company were impressive yesterday. They got the 2 players they had targeted on Day 1 to nice contracts without overpaying in positions of dire need. I can’t remember a time when this board has almost unanimously lauded our top free agent signings and their contracts like this year. This feels “smart”. Not a feeling I’ve had very often with the Bucs front office. One of the guys on NFLN this morning said this will be the most explosive offense in Buc’s history. I agree.

Campbell was all about the $$.

I’m glad we didn’t bother.

• Ft Myers Buc Fan

Participant

I have been on the Licht bandwagon from the beginning…he will get us to the promised land

• Anonymous

Inactive

now it appears players are interested in coming to Tampa…

Winston, Koetter, Licht, Evans, etc.. . . .. pretty good story for FAs.

• PHX Bucs Fan

Participant

After the season is over i hope to be able to add sweezy as another feather in litchs cap.

• Havok904

Participant

Still got the draft… I’m a bit gun shy from the last one

• Havok904

Participant

We can add more players to the bottom of the roster or possible starters with UDFAs and the next FA waves

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.