Monday, October 21, 2019

We drafted three mismatches

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous May. 10, 2014 at 10:47 am.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

wolfet
    Participant

I was thinking hard about the rationale behind the Sims choice and It dawned on me that he is a mismatch for the defense and frankly with Evans, ASF, and Jackson we should have mismatches all over the field.  Overall, I think the players we drafted will keep the defenses guessing.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Definitely if you saw Mccown’s highlights in Chicago anytime he was in trouble he would throw a jump ball up to Jeffrey or Marshall, and now with a guy like Sims underneath you most likely a linebacker will be matched up on him with safeties over the top watching VJax or M13

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

I agree with you.  However, after thinking alot after the Sims pick i started thinking about whether or not they are a mismatch for Tedford as well?  These players dont seem like Tedford players, the worst thing that can happen at this point is for Lovie to start taking too much control of the offense…he simply doesnt know what he’s doing offensively, and these picks kinda feel like “I dont really care what you want Teddy-Im the Boss.”  With that being said, I really like our 1st and 2nd round picks, and know next to nothing about Sims.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

I agree with you.  However, after thinking alot after the Sims pick i started thinking about whether or not they are a mismatch for Tedford as well?  These players dont seem like Tedford players, the worst thing that can happen at this point is for Lovie to start taking too much control of the offense...he simply doesnt know what he's doing offensively.

do you happen to know what Tedford's doing?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

No….but look at whats he’s done in the past.  Small fast explosive, not big and strong….seems like a Lovie Offense as opposed to a Teddy offense.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Size in the NFL needs to be accounted for. Evans can get “in space” when it matters and so can ASF and Simms

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Tedford spent an off-season learning from Belicheck and O’Brien when Gronk and Hernandez first started tearing it up so I’d expect alot of 2 TE sets.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Maybe all those guys went to USC.  If Tedford is good he can adjust his offense to the personnel.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

shanesnyder
    Participant

I agree with the OP. Sims looks like he could be this teams next human highlight reel. I wonder if he is going to be implemented in the return game at all.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Size in the NFL needs to be accounted for. Evans can get "in space" when it matters and so can ASF and Simms

I'm not opposed to size at all....just wondering if the HC and OC are still on the same page. 

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Good offense is all about creating mismatches. We now have a variety of mult-dimentional pieces we can use. Note ALL of them are already considered good blockers, so when 1 of them gets the football, the other 2 can serve as effective blockers.Regarding Sims: " “Charles is a very explosive athlete,” Bucs general manager Jason Licht said. “He’s got great hands – that was a point of emphasis. Brings us a back that not only has 4.4-4.6 speed as a runner but also as a receiver.”The 6-foot, 213-pound Sims reminds some of Bears running back Matt Forte, who was drafted by Bucs head coach Lovie Smith in Chicago, due to his versatility.“Most people would say Matt Forte,” Sims said. “I have seen him play quite a bit, so I would say Matt Forte.”Sims, who was a PewterReport.com Bucs' Best Bet at the running back position, excels in the passing game as a receiver and a pass protector, and really stood out in that area at the Senior Bowl. ".Under Tedford, I think we will see a variety of rotating personnel packages; double/triple WRs, double/triple TEs, multiple RBs, you name it. And probably a LOT more QB movement so the opposing D won't know where the QB will be on any given play. Add Demps to the picture as a part-time slot receiver or occasional RB, and it should be very explosive...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Tedford spent an off-season learning from Belicheck and O'Brien when Gronk and Hernandez first started tearing it up so I'd expect alot of 2 TE sets.

Tedford?  I thought it was Licht who worked in New England.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Thank god the thread title wasn’t “we drafted three mustaches”… I would have cried laughing.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.