Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• creamsicles

Participant

A lot of understandable post game focus on the secondary; however I believe the most important takeaway is that we lost the trench war… that hasn’t happened for awhile. They were tougher than us on both sides of the ball. I haven’t looked at stats on this, but that’s my takeaway from the eyeball test.

Thankfully, our soft schedule should give us time to right the ship. Also, we’ve now faced 3 of the 4 best qbs we’ll see this regular season, so it will get easier going forward.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Most important takeaway is that this defense can’t stop anyone, and that the offense needs to score 30 every week to even have a chance to win. Whatever battles the OL lost absolutely pale in comparison to the disaster happening on defense.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Defensive line and now the linebackers are starting to look leaky. The secondary is a shambles. Safeties look she’ll shocked, the corners are slow and small, can’t sift through the perimeter screens and blocks.

This pass rush exacerbates the secondaries inability to play coverage.

Sherman isn’t helping this secondary. He is too damned slow.

• SunnyD

Participant

Suh and Vea only played 52% and 51% of the snaps. Explain that to me. Those guys need to be on the field as much as they can possibly handle in a game like that.

Gholston, McClendon, and Nacho were getting blown off the line on damm near every play.

• BChaves8

Participant

Suh and Vea only played 52% and 51% of the snaps. Explain that to me. Those guys need to be on the field as much as they can possibly handle in a game like that.

Gholston, McClendon, and Nacho were getting blown off the line on damm near every play.

That was very curious…seemed like they were mostly playing exclusively on 3rd down. I didn’t hear any of the press conferences, anyone know if this was brought up?

• Mic

Participant

Sherman is gonna teach these guys tendencies and film study

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Suh and Vea are on the sidelines for a concerning number of plays every single game. I’ve noticed this since week 1.

Also, is Shaq Barrett even on the field?? Guy hasn’t beaten his blocker in forever. He needs to be a force.

• Vance

Participant

We are old and it shows

• SunnyD

Participant

I understand the team doesn’t want Vea and Suh out there for 90%+ of the snaps every week but in a game against an elite OL with JPP out those guys only playing half the snaps was just straight up bad coaching. I’m not surprised by the lack of pressures after seeing that.

• Charles

Participant

This SHerman saves the day crap is hilarious.

He give those guys talent which they severely lack.

And the d line is MIA

They look out of shape to me. Getting destroyed weekly.

This mess started in teh offseason and expecting it to magically fix itself midseason is a joke.

• Jed

Participant

That was very curious…seemed like they were mostly playing exclusively on 3rd down. I didn’t hear any of the press conferences, anyone know if this was brought up?

Looks to me like they are trying to preserve them for later in the season and the playoffs when the games really matter. They must believe they can still win most games with them being on the field for a limited time for now. It’s the only thing that makes sense.

• Jed

Participant

This SHerman saves the day crap is hilarious.

He give those guys talent which they severely lack.

And the d line is MIA

They look out of shape to me. Getting destroyed weekly.

This mess started in teh offseason and expecting it to magically fix itself midseason is a joke.

Maybe they were reading the bio on General William T Sherman. Now he could save the day.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Jed.

• Swash

Participant

The snap count analysis was eye opening. How the hell do you play Delaney more that Edwards? No OConnor over McLendon? So many moves that made no sense to me!

• Madman

Participant

Sure did. Then on the second level the Rams WRs were bullying our poor LBs.

*cough Devin White

• Kermit56

Participant

General William T Sherman. Now he could save the day.

The City of Atlanta is on line 1…

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.