Viewing 18 reply threads

• Author

• BucNY

Participant

Dead last in the following categories…Points per game: 34Total yards per game: 422.83rd down % allowed: 49%Don't know how your suppose to win a game with that kind of garbage, especially with a severely under qualified OC who appears to be throwing darts at the wall when selecting plays.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Toss in our 71.6% completions allowed is the worst allowed opposing completion % in NFL history since 1940 and I use 1940 only because the database doesn’t go further back.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And some want to include our W/L ratio when criticizing Glennon, unreal. I was worried about our offense when we hired Lovie, I never would have expected this. Never before have I had such little confidence in our defense.Part of the blame has to go on McCoy as well. I used to think he was overrated, but have backed off that recently. But as the anchor of the defense it doesn't seem like he's doing enough. I'm not even sure it's a talent thing, might just be lack of confidence in the scheme or the players around him.Whatever it is, it needs to be fixed. We're an absolute embarrassment. I'm not sure a coach has ever deserved their salary less than Leslie Frazier deserves his. The man is a thief.

Please wait…

• gthrun

Participant

I know nobody wants to hear it right now, but the Cowboys run the same defense as us and they were the worst defense in the league last year. Historically awful. They lost their best defensive player in Demarcus Ware this year, as well as Sean Lee….and they have one of the best defenses in the league. Does it make sense? No sir. So it just goes to show you never know what to expect. Cross your fingers and hope we have a similar miraculous turn around in 2015.

Please wait…

• richhussey

Participant

And some want to include our W/L ratio

UNDER .300!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dallas did change coordinators even if not scheme.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dallas was changing their personnel from a 3-4 with Rob Ryan to a 4-3 with Kiffen and now Marinelli this season. That’s why they stunk up the joint last season. We don’t have that excuse.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know nobody wants to hear it right now, but the Cowboys run the same defense as us and they were the worst defense in the league last year. Historically awful. They lost their best defensive player in Demarcus Ware this year, as well as Sean Lee....and they have one of the best defenses in the league. Does it make sense? No sir. So it just goes to show you never know what to expect. Cross your fingers and hope we have a similar miraculous turn around in 2015.

They actually broke that down on Mike and Mike this morning.  A major reason why Dallas' D has been more effective this year compared to last is that teams are running an avg of 12 less plays per game.  Yards per attempt they were saying was identical to last year.  Their new running game allows them to control the clock more than years past.

Please wait…

• discipleboy2000

Participant

We didnt have the worst defense last year.  Actually the defense under Schiano was pretty good if you look at defensive metrics.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know nobody wants to hear it right now, but the Cowboys run the same defense as us and they were the worst defense in the league last year. Historically awful. They lost their best defensive player in Demarcus Ware this year, as well as Sean Lee....and they have one of the best defenses in the league. Does it make sense? No sir. So it just goes to show you never know what to expect. Cross your fingers and hope we have a similar miraculous turn around in 2015.

I was thinking about the Cowboys in relation to the Bucs D on Sunday. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would hands down give the talent edge on defense to the Bucs over Dallas yet their defense is ranked 15th. To me then, it has to come down to coaching.And once again, after watching all 6 Bucs games this season, I've never seen so many wide open opposing receivers. I just don't get it. I refuse to believe these players are just so dumb, ignorant, stubborn, etc that they're refusing to listen to the coaches, therefore, I put the majority of this terrible defensive play on the coaches.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just had a look at game pass. In the first quarter about 15 seconds to go.The defense lined up very late, #39 runs to the middle, don't know where to go and the easiest choice to cover a player who doesn't have an impact of the play. ;-)Let the others do the job.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The coaches suck at coaching defense if you guys didn’t see they ran 4 slants with T smith in the first quarter getting them 10-20 yds a pop because the corners try to force them inside but the throwing lane is ridiculously open its easy pitch and catch.(To our corners) If I was there I'd tell em you see that linebacker? make sure hes close enough into the throwing lane where the throw would be uncomfortable or play a little closer on the receiver so you can make a better break on the ball.Its not that fking hard to see that the problem is coaching.(To our linebackers) Other tidbits id tell the players when you see a guy running by your hip and there no other route combination in front of you YOU KEEP DROPPING BACK enough to where the safety can make a break on the ball also it makes the window tighter to throw in. This is why the TE is tearing us apart and the last game where Aiken got his TD noone is teaching them. I swear these coaches are just collecting a dam paycheck out there, I see the same stupid mistakes by our players every week.Its not lack of scheme its lack of teaching.The coaching on the defensive side of the ball is terrible and Lovie deserves to get fired after this season, its been 6 games of this b.s. that hasn't improved

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dallas was changing their personnel from a 3-4 with Rob Ryan to a 4-3 with Kiffen and now Marinelli this season. That's why they stunk up the joint last season. We don't have that excuse.

all of our players besides wright are all learning a new defense it still going to take time. I read today verner saying he did not think it was going to take this long for them to learn this defense. He said they are still trying to grasp all the ways of the defense cause there are a lot of details in it. That during the bye week they are going to be doing a lot of class room work and film study so they can decipher what’s going on and what everyone responsibilities are.  So hopefully after the bye we will see a big difference on the feild.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bring back Sheridan !!

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

Smart move getting rid of Revis so they can start Crezdon Butler and Brandon Dixon.  Lovie is a genius.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At this point we are pinning at lot of hope on them learning the defense and Johnson not being who is really is because of the ankle.  My question on the injury is if he is so hurt he can be as 100% invisible as he was Sunday…why is he playing at all?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At this point we are pinning at lot of hope on them learning the defense and Johnson not being who is really is because of the ankle.  My question on the injury is if he is so hurt he can be as 100% invisible as he was Sunday...why is he playing at all?

I was thinking the same thing when I heard it.  Would it not be more beneficial to wait until he is healed up and effective and not invisible except when grimacing in pain after every play? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They actually broke that down on Mike and Mike this morning.  A major reason why Dallas' D has been more effective this year compared to last is that teams are running an avg of 12 less plays per game.  Yards per attempt they were saying was identical to last year.  Their new running game allows them to control the clock more than years past.

They talked about the same thing yesterday on SiriusXM with Pat Kirwan, Jim Miller, and their guest was the Cowboys radio play-by-play guy (don't remember his name).  They were saying how the key to the defense playing well came down to these things:

• 1. Offensive Line - Doing so well that offense is able to have longer sustained drives and keep the defense off the field more keeping them fresh.2. Gap/edge integrity - Every man is playing and staying in their gap and keeping offenses from getting around the edges easily.3. Tackling - guys are wrapping up properly and rarely missing tackles

Those are 3 things right there Bucs are completely horrible at this year. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smart move getting rid of Revis so they can start Crezdon Butler and Brandon Dixon.  Lovie is a genius.

Revis would have retired if forced to play in this chicken shlt zone .

Please wait…

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.