Viewing 23 reply threads

• Author

• SackedBySapp

Participant

incognito.jpgRex Ryan is tossing huge compliments to his skill level on the field and in the locker room.....the guy is a mauling beast......and we could have had him for a song. political correctness is a bish.Phins of course are downplaying everything....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where would he play at exactly?

Please wait…

• vlagatta

stadiums, typically......

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He should have been signed last year.  There were plenty of threads discussing it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless Rich can play center, I don’t wanna hold Marpet back.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He should have been signed last year.  There were plenty of threads discussing it.

I could be wrong, but I think I was for signing him last year. I just don’t know if we have room for him anymore now with Marpet and Mankins eating up a ton of cap space.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could be wrong, but I think I was for signing him last year. I just don't know if we have room for him anymore now with Marpet and Mankins eating up a ton of cap space.

It's mute, he is a Bill. But we should have signed him off the couch. And Marpet could have matured a bit on the bench. Richie is an upgrade over either our guards. But I suppose Jameis was enough of a PR hit they had to pass on him/Hardy/Aldon Smith. Other than PR reasons all three should have been signed. And yes, we have the cap space to over pay.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I could be wrong, but I think I was for signing him last year. I just don't know if we have room for him anymore now with Marpet and Mankins eating up a ton of cap space.

It's mute, he is a Bill. But we should have signed him off the couch. And Marpet could have matured a bit on the bench. Richie is an upgrade over either our guards. But I suppose Jameis was enough of a PR hit they had to pass on him/Hardy/Aldon Smith. Other than PR reasons all three should have been signed. And yes, we have the cap space to over pay.

CS knows what's up

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

stadiums, typically......

Winning.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn straight.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Moot, too. ;-)Do you think we draft Marpet if we had signed Incognito?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Incognito found a perfect place up there with Rex. I dont know that he would fit in quite as well in Lovie’s locker room. Considering we have drafted a really solid player who is only going to get better and has a ton more upside than Incognito, I am not too sad that we passed on him. I would have liked one player, Orlando Franklin in free agency. But, outside of our rookie LT I am feeling good about this squad right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s not about Marpet, it’s about Mankins. If they sign Incognito last season to play LG, they don’t have to trade a pick for Mankins and they can still draft Marpet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's not about Marpet, it's about Mankins. If they sign Incognito last season to play LG, they don't have to trade a pick for Mankins and they can still draft Marpet.

Ding ding ding.....but hell even with Mankins here, you still sign Richie, and you still draft Marpet. Mankins is done after this year and you would have a guy waiting to step in. That's how the process is supposed to work.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Moot, too. ;-)Do you think we draft Marpet if we had signed Incognito?

For a guy that prides himself on his grasp of the English language a mistake like that makes me want to bury my head in the sand....lolAnd yes we still draft him. This concept of entering the draft knowing you need to get starters is a flawed mentality. If you luck out like we did with Kwon....great.....but we should have starters in place and drafted players should be groomed to take thier spot. All of the coaching turn over has led to player turnover coupled with poor drafting and every year we find ourselves going into the draft with needs at starting positions. I think by next year we will be in a better place. The only glaring hole is at DE. Fix that in round 1, and then solidify the Oline depth, maybe add another WR or TE that can stay healthy. But we won't be entering the draft with 4-5 holes at starting positions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

those of you against the pickup asking “where would he play” do realize there’s such thing as a back up, correct? The guy was on the streets for a year. He could of been brought in here for nothing, and at least been depth. He should have been brought in last year when they kept marching out Gilkey instead.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's not about Marpet, it's about Mankins. If they sign Incognito last season to play LG, they don't have to trade a pick for Mankins and they can still draft Marpet.

Ding ding ding.....but hell even with Mankins here, you still sign Richie, and you still draft Marpet. Mankins is done after this year and you would have a guy waiting to step in. That's how the process is supposed to work.

This.  So much this.  The process working properly is why the Packers didn't mind losing EDS and the Pats were happy to trade Mankins and his huge salary.  They had other guys ready to play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

CS knows what's up

Not really. The Bucs openly admitted they pursued Hardy. And it came out they talked to Smith. If they were so concerned about they wouldn't talk to them at all, or at least wouldn't admit to it.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

read this on the Bills forum last night………written by a fan….after they thrashed the phins……"The Incognito signing was huge. He really has solidified this line & been a major part of the run game's success. He was #2 rated linemen goimg into today and I dont see that going anywhere but up after his performance today. He has been blowing up holes for the RBs and making life much easier for Glenn and Wood. He had the key block on Williams 41 yard TD."this still pisses me off.....jase and lovie blew it.  if there is anything our OL needs...it's attitude and a streak of mean.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe, let’s not go back and pick out every turd in the river of sewage that has flowed through OneBuc the last decade.  What do you say? Go Bucs!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Richie would’ve been a huge upgrade over Mankins. At $7 mil a year, the guy is absolutely stealing from this organization…Did anyone see the big sh1t-eating grin on his face after yesterday’s game? He could not have cared less about walking away with a L.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No thanks, the Oline is in multi year re-haul mode and this year it made good strides with Smith and Marpet. Mankins is good for the leadership, wisdom and preperation he passes on to Marpet and Smith. We need to keep adding young pieces, maybe Hawley and Warren can take over for Smith at Center. Im glad we were able to move forward from last year without having to include Incognito in as one of the pieces.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looks like a bunch of soft dudes to me.  Probably could have really benefited from Richie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No thanks, the Oline is in multi year re-haul mode and this year it made good strides with Smith and Marpet. Mankins is good for the leadership, wisdom and preperation he passes on to Marpet and Smith. We need to keep adding young pieces, maybe Hawley and Warren can take over for Smith at Center. Im glad we were able to move forward from last year without having to include Incognito in as one of the pieces.

^^^This^^^

Please wait…

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.