Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• TBChucky

Participant

https://www.nfl.com/news/carson-wentz-trade-philadelphia-eagles-indianapolis-colts

Seems pretty cheap for a starting level QB.. It’ll be easier to root for him in Indy. Hopefully his career turns back around.

• GenoaBucs

Participant

To me, It’a steal by the Colts. Before the injury, Wentz was an MVP candidate and he is still 28.
      And, by the way, I’ve not seen anything that special in Jalen Hurts to give him the starting job, maybe Philly is trading up in the draft to get Wilson or Fields (they won’t be there at 6).

• JC5100

Participant

Jameis will sign with Eagles to compete with Hurts

• leeroybuc93

Participant

If the Colts are getting the Wentz we saw last year then any Super Bowl dreams they have are DOA. His previous play makes this worth the risk but it could just as easily crash and burn. Is he better than Rivers was last year?

• buc-in-out

Participant

He sure looked terrible last season, but his Oline looked like the Chiefs in the SB, and the WR talent was right up there with New England for worst in the league.

He’ll be playing behind a solid Oline with some weapons and a great RB tandem, if he can’t stay healthy and turn it around with the Colts then he’s clearly done.

• garfield

Participant

Philly most likely drafts Kyle Pitts. Hometown kid who will give Hurts a hell of a weapon at the TE position.

• GenoaBucs

Participant

TE is not worth a top 10 pick, probably not even first rounder. Since 2000, none of the 21 first-round tight end has put up 1,000 yards in one of his first three seasons and only one has put up a double-digit touchdown season (https://football.pitcherlist.com/pessimists-guide-to-the-nfl-draft/).
        Pitts is one of the better prospect in the draft but you are not going to win many games with good/elite TEs, see Detroit for example: Hockerson is a very good player, but they passed on
        Burns, Lawrence, Simmons, Sweat, Marquise Brown or DK Metcalf and many others.
        They have a new coach, maybe he is ok with Hurts, otherwise I’d trade up to pick a top 3 QB.

• seekpar

Participant

We should see improvement from Wentz with the Colts. Reunited with his OC during his best season. Better O line and weapons at WR. Better running game. Way better defense. Perfect landing spot for him.

• Bucman

Participant

Most of this is false. Outside of the better OL. The Eagles skill position talent isnt that much different

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Wentz is at a crossroads in his career. He was on track to be a perennial all pro until that injury derailed him. How he rebounds with a change of scenery will define him.

• SaskBucs

Participant

This is a great pickup by the Colts and relatively low risk. Wentz just seems a little mentally weak. Confidence was shot in Philly after Foles wins the Bowl, injury, losing his OC, Philly drafting competition for him. Being the unquestioned starter and reuniting with Reich will help him, no doubt in my mind.

As far as Philly weapons on par with Colts… ehhh I dunno about that. Philly had guys in and out with injuries, Sanders and Scott are no Taylor and Hines. Pittman likely as good as any Eagles WR. Indy loses the TE battle I guess but skill positions are propped up by good O line play and Indy has a much superior one to Philly (provided they find a decent solution at LT).

Right now if Titans are heavily favored to win the division, I’d sprinkle some dough on the Colts.

• Richie Cartman

Participant

If there is a 17th game this season, it will be the Colts based on division placement.

• BeachBumBuc

Participant

This was a very smart trade for Colts. They gave up virtually nothing for a guy who can start next year when they had no one.

Eagles must see something in Hurts I don’t see. He isn’t elite arm talent. And goes through progressions very slowly.

• Swash

Participant

As the quarterback carousel continues around the league it becomes more obvious how bad the Rams got fleeced in the Stanford trade.

• Swash

Participant

Stafford*

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

This has been an interesting off-season for QB’s. Rams have Stafford, Detroit has Goff (for the moment), and the Colts have Wentz. There’s still more out there such as what will Philly do and the Saints? The Jags will get TL. Where’s Watson going?

• seekpar

Participant

Some of the sports talking heads think Watson is going to Carolina. They’re cutting players to add cap space, and may give McCaffrey as part of the deal. Even though we played him tight in 2019, would prefer Watson stay out of our division.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.