Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• vladin

Participant

…. by a fanbase.  Our Rookie QB played like a rookie QB, Mariotta played all-world, and Bucs fans are jumping off the skyway bridge. The Bucs coaching staff certainly deserves your outrage, as does the defense. But let the rookie be a rookie. He struggled, he threw a pick six. Hand picked Gruden boy, Brian Griese, used to throw them every week. But Mariotta's stellar performance overshadows that Winston also threw 2 TDs and should have had a third. If Brady had dropped 4 TD's on us yesterday, and Winston played like he played - people wouldn't be so down on him. It's because Mariotta was on the other side and did well, it's completely and instantly distorted your expectations. Some of you act like Mariotta is going to end the season with 50TDs and no interceptions. Defense was putrid and coaching / preparation has to be called into question. But jeezus some of you are overreacting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great point. Jameis actually played better than Luck and Manning did in their first games (1Td, 3 picks), and I doubt their defenses sucked as bad as the Bucs D yesterday. Jameis will get better. As for Mariota, the kid has talent but the league will catch up fast to that college read option bs. Mariota did a brilliant job with his ball fakes, but let's see how he does when that first read isn't open. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Over reactions and “I have the answer” posts are like clock work and guaranteed around here…This team is not the team anyone expected game one.    I think we'll see who they really are by game eight.

Please wait…

• c.greene55

Participant

I thought Jameis was awful, whether that means he played like a rookie QB or not I don’t know. I’m willing to give him a chance but watching Mariota tear us apart when I thought Mariota was the guy coming out of college was incredibly depressing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great point. Jameis actually played better than Luck and Manning did in their first games (1Td, 3 picks), and I doubt their defenses sucked as bad as the Bucs D yesterday. Jameis will get better. As for Mariota, the kid has talent but the league will catch up fast to that college read option bs. Mariota did a brilliant job with his ball fakes, but let's see how he does when that first read isn't open.

Well, that must mean he will be better than Luck or Manning?  We have all moved past the looking at a box score the next day to make our evaluations.  Winston played exactly like he did in college, only this time it was against Pro level players, or as close as Tenn has to that designation.  The problem with Winston are his footwork, "tight window" throws, and long delivery.  All three will not play in the NFL and all three are very difficult to correct at this stage.  He played well in the Cinn game but he showed exactly all the major red flags in the entire camp and off season.  I wont convince you Winston is Leftwich today, but time will prove this to be correct.  If he can't correct that delivery and footwork, its over. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some of you still have your heads in the clouds.After a beatdown of epic performance, against a rookie qb, and a 31st ranked team no less.Glennon will probably start game three.

Please wait…

• Stratobuc

Participant

The over reaction is justified.  The mistake was made by not drafting the best offensive lineman or defensive lineman available combine with a draft pick adjustment.  Lovie is an idiot.

.... by a fanbase.  Our Rookie QB played like a rookie QB, Mariotta played all-world, and Bucs fans are jumping off the skyway bridge. The Bucs coaching staff certainly deserves your outrage, as does the defense. But let the rookie be a rookie. He struggled, he threw a pick six. Hand picked Gruden boy, Brian Griese, used to throw them every week. But Mariotta's stellar performance overshadows that Winston also threw 2 TDs and should have had a third. If Brady had dropped 4 TD's on us yesterday, and Winston played like he played - people wouldn't be so down on him. It's because Mariotta was on the other side and did well, it's completely and instantly distorted your expectations. Some of you act like Mariotta is going to end the season with 50TDs and no interceptions. Defense was putrid and coaching / preparation has to be called into question. But jeezus some of you are overreacting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought Jameis was awful, whether that means he played like a rookie QB or not I don't know. I'm willing to give him a chance but watching Mariota tear us apart when I thought Mariota was the guy coming out of college was incredibly depressing.

Id add frustrating.  Many of us were screaming at how bad Winston would be but were accused of everything up to and including racism.  Winstons mechanical problems were very obvious yet they were ignored for the single reason that he went to FSU.  We watched a month before the draft teams offering half a team to trade up for MM but crickets were heard to trade up for Winston.  We are the franchise that passed up Rogers and now MM.  Ouch

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But let the rookie be a rookie.

A good portion of the posters wanted exactly that. Despite the ridiculous claims of the fanboys. Where the hell are they today?

Please wait…

• c.greene55

Participant

I thought Jameis was awful, whether that means he played like a rookie QB or not I don't know. I'm willing to give him a chance but watching Mariota tear us apart when I thought Mariota was the guy coming out of college was incredibly depressing.

Id add frustrating.  Many of us were screaming at how bad Winston would be but were accused of everything up to and including racism.  Winstons mechanical problems were very obvious yet they were ignored for the single reason that he went to FSU.  We watched a month before the draft teams offering half a team to trade up for MM but crickets were heard to trade up for Winston.  We are the franchise that passed up Rogers and now MM.  Ouch

I wasn't sure how good Winston was going to be, but we saw Mariota seriously outplay Winston in the Rose Bowl in January. I literally thought there was no way we'd take Winston after watching him and his team completely meltdown on such a stage with Mariota playing so well. Then, to fast forward to opening day and watching Mariota seriously outplay Winston once again, it was all just such a Bucs thing to happen. We read countless articles about how much of a leader Winston was and how his personality fit in really well here, and how he was a better fit for the offense (as if the 22nd offense on a 2-14 team was worth preserving), then Mariota just came here in a modified offense suited to his strengths (which we all would have advocated for) and tore us apart. It's just left me feeling so empty about this season and team. I'm willing to give Winston a chance but man, it felt to me like we swung and missed on draft night and nothing I saw Week 1 made me feel all that different. But hopefully Winston can turn it around and become the QB the Bucs FO and staff seems to think he can be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think Winston is as bad as his debut was, but if you think folks wouldn’t be criticizing the performance yesterday if it was against the Patriots you are fooling yourself. Winston showed very little of the qualities everyone touted when saying he was the hands-down first pick in the draft while putting on display all of the negatives not associated with his off-field behavior. We’re one ‘real’ game into his professional career and I’m already tired of the spin on Winston. It can’t be long until we start hearing “He’s only 21!”

Please wait…

• vlagatta

.... by a fanbase.  Our Rookie QB played like a rookie QB, Mariotta played all-world, and Bucs fans are jumping off the skyway bridge. The Bucs coaching staff certainly deserves your outrage, as does the defense. But let the rookie be a rookie. He struggled, he threw a pick six. Hand picked Gruden boy, Brian Griese, used to throw them every week. But Mariotta's stellar performance overshadows that Winston also threw 2 TDs and should have had a third. If Brady had dropped 4 TD's on us yesterday, and Winston played like he played - people wouldn't be so down on him. It's because Mariotta was on the other side and did well, it's completely and instantly distorted your expectations. Some of you act like Mariotta is going to end the season with 50TDs and no interceptions. Defense was putrid and coaching / preparation has to be called into question. But jeezus some of you are overreacting.

it's a product like any other product.  people are tired of spending their money on an inferior product.  you sound like a guy who does not understand that simple fact...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m just happy someone else mentioned that delivery. I really want to go right to the top regarding how poor the bucs have been for years now. This one game though, it's on Lovie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think Winston is as bad as his debut was, but if you think folks wouldn't be criticizing the performance yesterday if it was against the Patriots you are fooling yourself. Winston showed very little of the qualities everyone touted when saying he was the hands-down first pick in the draft while putting on display all of the negatives not associated with his off-field behavior. We're one 'real' game into his professional career and I'm already tired of the spin on Winston. It can't be long until we start hearing "He's only 21!"

He wasn't the guy everyone from fsu wanted him to be.Now, the excuses..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was one game. Jesus Christ some of you guys are babies. No one is happy we got punked, but come on. The guy is a bust after one game? We picked the wrong guy yada yada yada. It really just seems like a bunch of Mariota supporters just want to say “I told you so”. I'm more pissed about the defense. Good god that was rough. Let's see what Mariota does against Cleveland who actually has a real defense. Our defense is an absolute joke. Guys just ran simple slant patterns and ran for 20-50 yards. What in the holy hell?Jameis isn't even in my top 3 concerns right now:1. Pass coverage (see above)2. OLine - The rookies looked decent yesterday. EDS can go away please.3. D Ends - Smith needs to be on the left side using speed against the RTs. RDE will be a waste until we draft one in the first round next year.4. JameisIn other news - Doug Martin looked really good in the first quarter, then got like 3 touches the rest of the game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was one game. Jesus Christ some of you guys are babies. No one is happy we got punked, but come on. The guy is a bust after one game? We picked the wrong guy yada yada yada. It really just seems like a bunch of Mariota supporters just want to say "I told you so". I'm more pissed about the defense. Good god that was rough. Let's see what Mariota does against Cleveland who actually has a real defense. Our defense is an absolute joke. Guys just ran simple slant patterns and ran for 20-50 yards. What in the holy hell?Jameis isn't even in my top 3 concerns right now:1. Pass coverage (see above)2. OLine - The rookies looked decent yesterday. EDS can go away please.3. D Ends - Smith needs to be on the left side using speed against the RTs. RDE will be a waste until we draft one in the first round next year.4. JameisIn other news - Doug Martin looked really good in the first quarter, then got like 3 touches the rest of the game.

I'd put Coaching / Preparation at the top of that list.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think Winston is as bad as his debut was, but if you think folks wouldn't be criticizing the performance yesterday if it was against the Patriots you are fooling yourself. Winston showed very little of the qualities everyone touted when saying he was the hands-down first pick in the draft while putting on display all of the negatives not associated with his off-field behavior. We're one 'real' game into his professional career and I'm already tired of the spin on Winston. It can't be long until we start hearing "He's only 21!"

He wasn't the guy everyone from fsu wanted him to be.Now, the excuses..

I'm sure the Winston supporters will be using all the same excuses they complained about when they were used for Glennon. Get ready.

Please wait…

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.