Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 11 reply threads

• Author

• obuc

Participant

I have totally forgot about this guy. He ran a 4.75 in the 40 at the combine. Didn’t get to see many snaps, but his QB pressures per snap is greater than any other tackle albeit from a small sample size. He is 6’1″,310. Anyone know why they haven’t tried to use him more?

https://www.buccaneers.com/video/khalil-davis-runs-4-75-second-40-yard-dash-at-combine

• Born A Buc For Life

Participant

Situational pass rusher from the DT spot. Can’t stop the run.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

At 6’1″, he doesn’t have the height advantage. At 310 lbs, he doesn’t have the bulk necessary to be an every down DT. His run stopping plays have graded out very poorly. He’s a situational pass rushing DT and a special teams player.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Hes a better fit for a 4-3 defense.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

There you go. To run a 3-4, you need a guy who is basically a bowling ball to play the NT spot. Davis needs to put on at least 40 more lbs in order to qualify for that. He doesn’t have the height to be a 3-4 DE either and is obviously way too big to be an edge rusher.

• Mic

Participant

If he’s good he’s good, ie Aaron Donald

• Barnz1

Participant

31 inch arms. Enough said.

Drafted as a 24 year old. Too limited from the start.

Really surprised they didn’t take a DT in this draft mid to late. Not a high bar to offer more than Khalil or a 35 year old McLendon who could’ve offered some decent depth snaps.

• TCB2W!

Participant

I just want to point out that Aaron Donald came out at 265, shorter and only 1 inch longer arms. Now true, Donald weighs less and plays at 285, so saying he can’t play edge due to height or arm length is wrong. Now maybe he is just too big to pass rush effectively. You would think having JPP and Shaq on your team that your rushing tools would be better.

• The Freeman

Participant

he’s a 6th round project, need a good preseason or could be a practice squad candidate.

• Pennywise

Participant

He will see some more snaps this year , he was a rookie drafted by a team loaded at the position . But Suh is 34 , mcclennon 35 , gholston 31 .
      Just because someone don’t start as a rookie , don’t mean they missed on him as a prospect , teams look down the road, not just the here and now .

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

He is a sixth round project that has progressed nicely. Just has to show constant improvement year to year.

Build the trenches!

• buc-in-out

Participant

He was drafted to play special teams, where he doesn’t have to worry about stuffing the run and can showcase his speed and quickness. He can penetrate on FGs/punts. If he can provide some juice on 3rd down eventually, then great!

Our iDL’s main focus is to stuff the run. That’s why I don’t understand everyone’s infatuation with bringing in guys like Geno Atkins or Jurrell Casey, the guys who will get swallowed up by double team blocks in the run game, who can only really play the 3-tech spot. We had McCoy, who was still somewhat effective… Bowles wanted nothing to do with him.

Use that money on bringing in Melvin Ingram or Justin Houston, and have ridiculous EDGE depth instead. Kick JPP inside on passing downs, and have Shaq and Ingram play on the EDGE. Now that’s scary.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

I do agree a 4th veteran edge rusher with juice would be a better bargain to look for.

Build the trenches!

• obuc

Participant

I think if he stays on the active roster I would put him in as a full back in a heart beat down on the goal line.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.