Viewing 37 reply threads

• Author

• HoistTheFlag

Participant

Record: 9-7I know, its early but I have a good feeling about this year. I said the same thing last year and look where it got us but the attitude is just different this year. Jameis Winston alone has brought a lot of fans to One Buc this training camp and for good reason. The last 3 teams who went 2-14 and had the number one pick went at least 9-7 the next year(Colts, Chiefs and Texans). We do have a few holes for example or defensive end, free safety position as well as the oline. Our offensive line could be much improved depending on the play from the rookies ans hoping veterans Evan Smith and Logan Mankins stand up. History makes things look well for this season but we will have to see.

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

My crystal ball says 8-8

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ugh…I’m trying to be optimistic.But, my gut says 6-10.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pass rush problems will make the Bucs a middling defensive unit, inconsistent. The run game will be anemic. The blocking up front and the team's wanting to test Jameis with a zero blitz will have the Oline overloaded, and the lack of speed and shift from the running backs and wideouts in general will lend to a lot of short yardage passes that will inflate Winston's accuracy rating, but he will struggle with the middle of the field, I believe all of his picks will beIn this area of the woods. He will struggle to read the defenses as a result of being harassed often. Offensive line will be a problem. Evan Smith is a trash can. Gilkey just sucks. Slow and weak, compared to the DTs he will face. Dotson should be playing Left side. Smith is going to struggle as a left tackle. Still, Winston will throw bombs to Evans and Jackson. ASJ will have 50 catches for 600 yards or so. It will be a rough season. Transition always is, and there is a lot of it happening. The team was flat out terrible last year. A four game improvement is possible. But the season after that, all bets are off. I think by them this team will have an identity.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

4-12 this year, next year we’re competing for the playoffs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

8-8

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There will be a lot of changes in the OL to see which combo works best.G Marpet will be starting by years end.LB Alexander will earn a start, either through injury or unseat someone.Lovies defense will be much improved from last year, although there will be struggles.WR Evans will make the pro bowl (have a feeling our WRs are going to be a bright spot).5-8 wins for this team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

4-12

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think this year has the makings for a very frustrating yet exciting year.  This is the first time in a while that I believe not only can (and probably will) the Bucs lose games to teams they should beat, but they will also win games that they have no business being a part of.  Winston is going to throw his 1st pick six in a while, and probably do it 2 or 3 times.  But I think he will also make some fantastic throws and have plenty of highlight reels. I think the defense will be much better than last year, but even then at best they would be middle of the pack, held back by lack of a pass rush.  The O-line is still a work in progress and the running game is up in the air.In all honesty, I think the biggest swing in wins and losses will be the run game.  If Dougy returns to form and the O-line can block for him, I can see 8-8 maybe 9-7.  If there is no real run game, like last year, the 4-12 or 5-11.My biggest hopes this year; Winston isn't ruined, either through frustration or injury behind a porous line. I hope Lovie allows the OC to actually run his offense all the time and I hope some of the non top round picks develop into either solid depth or quality starters. To get over the hump, this last part is crucial.Ohh, one last hope.  Considering how I think Winston will play this year, fabulous come back wins followed the next week with bone headed game losing pick 6, I hope the PR forums don't melt down from the "I told you so's" going back and forth. It's going to be a rough year, but I think a fun year.  Grab your nacho's and beer, grill up some burgers and dogs, it's almost time to watch some Buccaneers football.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

10-6.  DEs give us about 20 sacks, 20 sacks from the DTs.  pass rush is fine, yet inconsistent.  defense is solid, top 10.  offense has a solid run game, hit and miss pass game.  games are ugly early, exciting late.  one score losses from a year ago become one score wins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m going to reserve my prediction until after the 3rd game. I need to see what the offense and defense is really capable of before I think about how good they might be.Last season, early on before the pre-season games, I was sure 10 wins was very likely for the club, however, if you had asked me after the 3rd game when the offense still look putrid, I'm sure I would have said less.This year, I'm not buying into any hype or rumor. I want to see what they can do first.JMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

originally I said 4-12, but I’ll go with 5-11

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I predict that we keep 7 WRs.Record.. 7-9

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we all see the same things, the big issues are the Oline and DE’s. That said there are a several of X-Factors to consider Winston vs. McCown, Koetter vs. Arroyo, The Defense feeling around in the dark learning the Tampa 2 vs all of the Tampa 2 familier players Lovie brought in on the defensive side. Mankins is more motivated, the WR’s look young and fast, we should have a return game, there is more depth at most positions. 2-14 get’s Lovie the door but if the team is competitive, EVERY GAME, and loses some heart breakers, it gives hope for 2016. IMHO, 4 to 8 wins is possible but if there are no major injuries and the Football Gods look down upon the Bucs, as sometimes happens (Raheem 2010) then 10 wins in a crappy division with a soft schedule just might happen. Go Bucs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am very optimistic about this season for a number of reasons.  First, the schedule is nice, especially the first 8 games.  Second, I also think the NFC South got easier.  The Saints made a lot of moves, but to me, got worse.  The Falcons didn’t do much to improve either.  Carolina is the division’s best team, but they aren’t elite by any means.  I think the defense will be better, in large part because the offense won’t keep them on the field the entire game, and I think if Winston can limit mistakes the Bucs will get off to a fast start going 6-2 over the first 8 (losses @ Texans and @ Atlanta).  I think the Bucs can hold on to finish 10-6 or 9-7 after that.  What is throwing me off is the Eagles game.  I cannot decide if they will be good or terrible.  If they are the latter, then I say 10-6 and we win the division.  I also see the both the offense and the defense being ranked in the top half.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

10-6.  DEs give us about 20 sacks, 20 sacks from the DTs.  pass rush is fine, yet inconsistent.  defense is solid, top 10.  offense has a solid run game, hit and miss pass game.  games are ugly early, exciting late.  one score losses from a year ago become one score wins.

I would love for a season like this

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Holding firm at 9-7. Think the oline will be better than we thought, the defense will be top 10 and Jameis will be more good than bad.

Please wait…

• wesleyc

7-9Wouldn't surprise me if we go 9-7 or better looking through the schedule but it would take good production from our rookies to approach that. As long as we're 6-10 or above though I'll consider the season a success.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m going to go 6-10, but a 6-10 that leaves reasonable people with a lot of optimism for the future.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

6-10.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It seems the general consensus is between 5 and 9 wins.  However, knowing this board when the Bucs finish the season 7-9 or 8-8 there will still be people calling for HC Lovie’s head.

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

ten and sixeasy schedule, talented team who lost 8 games last year by one score..big jump on D in second year, huge difference having a actual competent OC as opposed to a college qb coach at best,OL will be much better on talent alone, and a OC who can schemethey will be flying around on D, not thinking like last year

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Playoffs….. But I’ve been saying that every year since Freeman’s 2010 season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

.500 is a good improvement.Our offense will struggle in first two quarters of the season and then find a rhythm in the second half.Our defense will dominate all year long.*puts the phone down - Miss Cleo is done talking.*Time for football.  :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Holding firm at 9-7. Think the oline will be better than we thought, the defense will be top 10 and Jameis will be more good than bad.

as will Dougie. 9-7 it is!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Playoffs..... But I've been saying that every year since Freeman's 2010 season.

Ahhhh everybody we've found the jinx.The real Tank Commander.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll stay with my 6-10 prediction of the spring. But I must admit that 7 wins seems very possible.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why 4-12?  Because of the following:1. Because the OL is pathetic, Winston will do down with injury, Glennon will fill in and he, too, will go  down with an injury, leaving the office with the third string QB.2. Because the D-line is so thin and has no DE's they will give up huge chunks of yardage to the opposing team's offense.  Too much turnover in the secondary with those in their second year here still learning Tampa 2.3. Special Teams will be a monumental fail in the kick-off and punt game.  Not mentioned at all during training camp... wonder why?4. Overall, this will be a repeat of last season with 2 additional wins. 5. Don't believe the hype.  It's all empty words that will not be backed up by production.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Going into preseason:Not a single game. Winston needs time to warm up, and lets be honest, lovie isnt going to want him injured. Glennon will do some showing off, but ultimately play the same as he ever has, which is play NOT to lose, rather than actually winning games.Going into regular season:At least 8-8. Anything under, and its a wash for me. The glazers cannot sell to the fans their idea of a immediate turnover, lovie wouldnt have the ability to have his name be what enforces his law, and IF the defense doesnt look good enough to win 30-40% of its games, then what is lovie around for anyway?With the schedule the way it is, the increase of players who know lovies system, and the influx of players at the los on both sides, along with a qb who actually has some talent, idk if its too lofty of a guesstimate or expectation, but i do know that it should be much improved.Otherwise, whats the point. If lovie and co cannot get by the way it is now(at least at an average level), he probably wont ever do anything here worthwhile.With the improved qb play we should expect, the additions at ol (hearing good things about marpet), the bolstering of the wr core, dt's, and lb's, etc, and the addition of koetter at oc should all lend itself to the betterment of the team.The question isnt, "how far will they go," its how fast will they get there?" They have the overall talent to at least make playoffs. Now they just have to put it all together as a cohesive and well oiled team. Imvho, that is the rub.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why 4-12?  Because of the following:1. Because the OL is pathetic, Winston will do down with injury, Glennon will fill in and he, too, will go  down with an injury, leaving the office with the third string QB.2. Because the D-line is so thin and has no DE's they will give up huge chunks of yardage to the opposing team's offense.  Too much turnover in the secondary with those in their second year here still learning Tampa 2.3. Special Teams will be a monumental fail in the kick-off and punt game.  Not mentioned at all during training camp... wonder why?4. Overall, this will be a repeat of last season with 2 additional wins. 5. Don't believe the hype.  It's all empty words that will not be backed up by production.

1.  which QB do you think is responsible for the wins?  does lobato get hot late?2.  thin?  you sure you know what that means?  we got the deepest and best DTs in the league, so you must only be considering DE?  how many years do you think it takes to learn the T2?  because the defense looked like they knew what they were doing after the bye last season.3 KO team will be a fail?  do you mean KO return?  KOs are pretty easy, not sure why you are worried about that.  KO return is pretty much the same for all teams as well.  Punt return has been mentioned, in EVERY report.  clay is pulling ahead.4.  im not sure if we can have a repeat of last year with a new OC/QB combo.5.  i do agree, you shouldnt believe the hype.  you should get off your computer and go do something that is productive or makes you happy.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

the correct answer is:  7-9book it....wake the kids......TELL THE NEIGHBORS.....bet the farm.........SOLID LOCK

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

put it on a t shirt and sell it!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“SackedbySapp predicted 7-9”    I was there

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

6 to 8 wins….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where are you getting this crap from?...crystal-ball.jpgoh...nevermind...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1.  which QB do you think is responsible for the wins?  does lobato get hot late?2.  thin?  you sure you know what that means?  we got the deepest and best DTs in the league, so you must only be considering DE?  how many years do you think it takes to learn the T2?  because the defense looked like they knew what they were doing after the bye last season.3 KO team will be a fail?  do you mean KO return?  KOs are pretty easy, not sure why you are worried about that.  KO return is pretty much the same for all teams as well.  Punt return has been mentioned, in EVERY report.  clay is pulling ahead.4.  im not sure if we can have a repeat of last year with a new OC/QB combo.5.  i do agree, you shouldnt believe the hype.  you should get off your computer and go do something that is productive or makes you happy.

OK, I get it...I am supposed to be blind to reality... so here goes.  The Bucs will be turn-around team of the NFL.  Ali Marpet will be ROY and share that honor with Winston.  The O-Line will be solid as a rock.  They will give a league low number of sacks...1.  The defense will limit opposing offenses to 36 points all year.  Yeah, Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The Bucs will be hands down favorites to win the Super Bowl and, indeed, will win it by 48 points.  There has never been such a unbelievable worst to first story in the history of the NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wooo, hoooo!!!!!!  Lovie Smith will be Coach of the Year.  The Bucs will have a Victory Parade through downtown Tampa will 14 million people in attendance.  This place will ROCK!!!!!!!!!!  TAMPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....Baaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!There you go. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OK, I get it...I am supposed to be blind to reality... so here goes.  The Bucs will be turn-around team of the NFL.  Ali Marpet will be ROY and share that honor with Winston.  The O-Line will be solid as a rock.  They will give a league low number of sacks...1.  The defense will limit opposing offenses to 36 points all year.  Yeah, Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The Bucs will be hands down favorites to win the Super Bowl and, indeed, will win it by 48 points.  There has never been such a unbelievable worst to first story in the history of the NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wooo, hoooo!!!!!!  Lovie Smith will be Coach of the Year.  The Bucs will have a Victory Parade through downtown Tampa will 14 million people in attendance.  This place will ROCK!!!!!!!!!!  TAMPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....Baaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!There you go.

I like your enthusiasm.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There will be a lot of changes in the OL to see which combo works best.G Marpet will be starting by years end.LB Alexander will earn a start, either through injury or unseat someone.Lovies defense will be much improved from last year, although there will be struggles.WR Evans will make the pro bowl (have a feeling our WRs are going to be a bright spot).5-8 wins for this team.

Bringing this back...looks like G Marpet and LB Alexander will be starters for this team.  Still sticking with 5-8 wins for this team.what say you?

Please wait…

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.