Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 22 reply threads

• Author

• Kermit56

Participant

At the US Climate Summit said this–‘Net zero is not enough. We need to remove CO2 from the atmosphere.’ That’s a whole new level of stupid.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The United States should only get the deficit to zero, BUT forget about the debt?

THE CO2 issue is not even a new concept, but lets give you a chance to explain

First, did he actually say this “We need to remove CO2 from the atmosphere,” as in LOWER Co2 levels or NO CO2 at all (lol)??

Second, what was the SOURCE for your quote “‘Net zero is not enough. We need to remove CO2 from the atmosphere?’”

• Anonymous

Inactive

the real story should be your opportunity to hold Biden accountable

Trump “settled” his Trade War debacle by saying that China had agreed to buy a RECORD amount of US agricultural. Of course, we all now know that NEVER happened

The big news on CLIMATE is that Kerry got a similar promise from China on climate. You Trumpers said the Paris accord was supposedly unfair because of China’s limited commitment

so here you go, is a China promise to Biden worth more or less than a (worthless) China promise to Trump?

• jbear

Participant

It’s not really ridiculous. There are whole episodes of Star Trek dedicated to this idea. lol Some good books too if you don’t mind a few big words. Kim Stanley Robinson’s Mars trilogy comes to mind. Some of those ideas made it into mainstream sci fi like “The Expanse” where Mars has spent an entire century dedicating the lions share of their resources to a massive project to turn Mars from an barren wasteland into a green paradise.

The idea of terraforming is probably an idea that will be important to the future of humanity at some point.

What’s ridiculous is that people like John Kerry think we should spend trillions and trillions of dollars on wasteful projects that won’t even move the needle ever or at least for many many years and are completely unproven. As for a little research. I’m all for research on how we might go about actively influencing our climate without killing ourselves. Thats a good plan.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s not really ridiculous. There are whole episodes of Star Trek dedicated to this idea. lol Some good books too if you don’t mind a few big words. Kim Stanley Robinson’s Mars trilogy comes to mind. Some of those ideas made it into mainstream sci fi like “The Expanse” where Mars has spent an entire century dedicating the lions share of their resources to a massive project to turn Mars from an barren wasteland into a green paradise.

The idea of terraforming is probably an idea that will be important to the future of humanity at some point.

What’s ridiculous is that people like John Kerry think we should spend trillions and trillions of dollars on wasteful projects that won’t even move the needle ever or at least for many many years and are completely unproven. As for a little research. I’m all for research on how we might go about actively influencing our climate without killing ourselves. Thats a good plan.

what — specifically – is it that makes you think Kerry’s plan is the “spend trillions and trillions of dollars on wasteful projects that won’t even move the needle ever or at least for many many years and are completely unproven” and NOT the “research on how we might go about actively influencing our climate without killing ourselves”

• jbear

Participant

Probably the GND. Look I’m not hung up on this I’m just saying, whatever money he wants to throw at pulling carbon out of the atmosphere outside of research is a complete waste of money right now.

• Anonymous

Inactive

and to be clear I am asking, I dont know. Just genuinely curious

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s not really ridiculous.

Btw, I cant be the only who think you might actually be Obama. Fist you’re for Obama-era police reform and now climate change is real AND WORTH ADDRESSING???

You’re gonna get knocked off a lot of Christmas Card lists (all with images of Santa and Baby Jesus, no doubt . . Anglo-Saxon Judeo Christian country and all that)

• jbear

Participant

I haven’t changed a bit. It’s all how you see the world. I saw Trump’s comments about loving the environment as sincere because it’s something I can relate to. I know that you did not see them as sincere.

People like me do love the environment. Nothing wrong with cleaning up or doing things voluntarily to try to make things better, cleaner etc. My issue has always been either about the costs and detrimental effects on the economy of certain policies, or because of civil liberties.

At this point in time, things like EV’s are becoming cost effective, there is a reason economically to buy an EV you don’t have to only be a bleeding heart liberal. And if part of making that change is to help curb greenhouse gasses then good for you. For me, absolutely part of that choice is to help curb greenhouse gasses. When I can save money it’s a no brainer.

• jbear

Participant

By the way you’ve always put a lot of baggage on me that I’ve never said. I get that it’s easy to do. I sometimes confuse you and Fire. I’ve found myself going into a rant at you only to realize it was Fire saying something dumb and should be expected.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Fake news, I’ve never said anything stupid in my entire life.

• jbear

Participant

At least you’ve got a sense of humor Fire. I guess you can’t be ALL bad.

• Anonymous

Inactive

How about Free Speech? free Market?

Fascism

• spartan

Participant

Don’t trees need co2?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t trees need co2?

John Kerry hates trees

Or you bozos need to read more closely

One of those two

• Roy

Participant

I haven’t changed a bit. It’s all how you see the world. I saw Trump’s comments about loving the environment as sincere because it’s something I can relate to. I know that you did not see them as sincere.

People like me do love the environment. Nothing wrong with cleaning up or doing things voluntarily to try to make things better, cleaner etc. My issue has always been either about the costs and detrimental effects on the economy of certain policies, or because of civil liberties.

At this point in time, things like EV’s are becoming cost effective, there is a reason economically to buy an EV you don’t have to only be a bleeding heart liberal. And if part of making that change is to help curb greenhouse gasses then good for you. For me, absolutely part of that choice is to help curb greenhouse gasses. When I can save money it’s a no brainer.

Voluntarily? That’s just great. Maybe I am misinterpreting. Please tell me that you don’t think that corporations should be allowed to pollute the environment as they see fit.

• jbear

Participant

I’m not against all environmental regulation but really if I really got my way, we’d clean up corporations through the courts. Rather than enacting heavy handed environmental policing, thousands of EPA agents running around inspecting everything and probably getting kickbacks as is known to happen in societies that have too much government control. I’d make it easier for people to sue and win the suits when corporations pollute. If you make the cost stiff enough corporations are smart enough to figure out that it makes more sense not to pollute than it does to get put out of business. I’d even be fine with some criminal laws being strengthened to hold CEO’s and others accountable for pollution.

Corporations exist to make money. If the left would get their heads out of their rear ends and stop trying to vilify making money and instead accept the nature of corporations and use it to our advantage when it comes to things like pollution then things could possibly get better. Corporations are not evil, they have a purpose and we should use that purpose to reign in abuses.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I may turn out to be wrong about this because this is absolutely not a topic I know much about BUT if you looks at the way this has played out in this thread you have:

TWO Trumpers seemingly saying that Kerry said they are going to remove C02 from the atmosphere, as in all CO2 (lol) . . . not REDUCE C02

We need to remove CO2 from the atmosphere.’ That’s a whole new level of stupid.

Don’t trees need co2?

You have a THIRD Trumper saying he doesnt not the details but suspects its all a boondoggle because . . .

Probably the GND.

even though there is now GND

So, is this an example of people walling off actual positions WITHOUT actual information?

• Biggs3535

Participant

I may turn out to be wrong about this

No need to preface, Mr. Cronkite. We’re familiar with your work.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I almost feel bad for you because this is too easy, as in child like easy

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would have thought that would be obvious but there seems to be some confusion on the subject

ROFLMAO

Not with yours truly, as my many posts suggest

Buggsy? well . . . . . .

(This thread DELIVERS!!!)

:-)

“The Buggsy”

• Anonymous

Inactive

this point in time, things like EV’s are becoming cost effective, there is a reason economically to buy an EV you don’t have to only be a bleeding heart liberal. And if part of making that change is to help curb greenhouse gasses then good for you. For me, absolutely part of that choice is to help curb greenhouse gasses.

• spartan

Participant

Don’t trees need co2?

John Kerry hates trees

One of those two

In case you didn’t realize, I was being facetious.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t trees need co2?

John Kerry hates trees

One of those two

In case you didn’t realize, I was being facetious.

What does it say that that is not obvious?

😂

Kidding.

• Anonymous

Inactive

if I really got my way, we’d clean up corporations through the courts. Rather than enacting heavy handed environmental policing, thousands of EPA agents running around inspecting everything and probably getting kickbacks as is known to happen in societies that have too much government control. I’d make it easier for people to sue and win the suits when corporations pollute.

I knew you were a “defund the police” type

dont stop them from polluting, let them corporations make a choice between lives and profits (see Ford Pinto) and then just sue them after

• jbear

Participant

It beats the alternative. A big part of having my world view is accepting that there is no perfect solution to anything. The more you try for perfect the more you muck things up. I look for the solution that will enable the most individual liberty and the least government control for our own goods with no preconceptions that it will be perfect.

It’s the biggest flaw in progressive thought.

• jbear

Participant

You have a THIRD Trumper saying he doesnt not the details but suspects its all a boondoggle because . . .

jbear wrote:
      Probably the GND.

So, is this an example of people walling off actual positions WITHOUT actual information?

Haven’t you heard of these massive infrastructure bills? You can’t think their going to call it the GND right? And then…. they didn’t call it the GND so obviously it has nothing to do with the GND? Are you trying to make me laugh? Even AOC’s chief of staff pointed out that “it’s funny” that people think the GND has to do with the environment. It’s about restructuring society. These infrastructure bills have many similarities with some aspects of the GND.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It beats the alternative. A big part of having my world view is accepting that there is no perfect solution to anything. The more you try for perfect the more you muck things up. I look for the solution that will enable the most individual liberty and the least government control for our own goods with no preconceptions that it will be perfect.

It’s the biggest flaw in progressive thought.

Your thought about progressive thought may be where the fault lies. Lol

• Anonymous

Inactive

jbear wrote:
      Probably the GND.

Haven’t you heard of these massive infrastructure bills? You can’t think their going to call it the GND right? And then…. they didn’t call it the GND so obviously it has nothing to do with the GND? Are you trying to make me laugh? Even AOC’s chief of staff pointed out that “it’s funny” that people think the GND has to do with the environment. It’s about restructuring society. These infrastructure bills have many similarities with some aspects of the GND.

You’ve never negotiated maybe?

Let’s see what’s in the final bill.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Negotiation 101… start big.

Cmon now

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.