Viewing 32 reply threads

• Author

• Rusty

Participant

Just wondering about the position and Herron? I know he has dropsies issues but in camp he was all the rave. What’s next? We need a third and I ke guy bad for third down conversions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where were the TEs? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he had a QB that could hit a guy in stride maybe Herron would have move value as a slot guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just wondering about the position and Herron? I know he has dropsies issues but in camp he was all the rave. What's next? We need a third and I ke guy bad for third down conversions.

Coming into the season, the Bucs had one of the worst WR corps in the NFL.  Why on Earth would you even think our Slot WR would be anything more than below average?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just wondering about the position and Herron? I know he has dropsies issues but in camp he was all the rave. What's next? We need a third and I ke guy bad for third down conversions.

Coming into the season, the Bucs had one of the worst WR corps in the NFL.  Why on Earth would you even think our Slot WR would be anything more than below average?

one of the worst? Really?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh, absolutely.  That article that came out at the beginning of the season had the Bucs ranked 27th.  I thought that was a little too generous at the time, but now, I know for a fact that it is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh, absolutely.  That article that came out at the beginning of the season had the Bucs ranked 27th.  I thought that was a little too generous at the time, but now, I know for a fact that it is.

Please... Jackson, Evans, Murphy is a decent 1, 2, 3.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok.  If you think so.  Jackson at this point is "ok".  Evans is still a work in progress and an unknown.  Murphy stinks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We spent our slot WR money on CaveManGang CD release party.It was da bomb!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Murphy passed him

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok.  If you think so.  Jackson at this point is "ok".

But not better than Justin Blackmon right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

with the limited offense and crappy blocking, bucs have to run the te and fb in formation eliminating the slot …the only time lately we run three is the tight bunch trips….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Blackmon is much more talented.  It's not even close.  Blackmon's issues are off the field, not on it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess he can’t return kicks either?  I thought he was on ir

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Louis Murphy is doing pretty good at #3. They need to play Herron tho.

Please wait…

• rrosemarie8

Participant

Blackmon is much more talented.  It's not even close.  Blackmon's issues are off the field, not on it.

Id rather have Evans, Jackson and Murphy on my team than some of these other teams WR corps.Ray Rice and AP have issues off the field too, would you give them a contract? Lol what an idiotic thing to say.

Please wait…

• twinview

What happened to the slot? We drafted a shitty alligator armed running back with hands of stone, instead of a real slot receiver. Herron was always a horrible pick. Undersized, average speed, horrible hands.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I realize this is an old thread but I don’t remember Herron ever being “all the rave in camp”. He was always a disappointment.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What happened to the slot? We drafted a (censored)ty alligator armed running back with hands of stone, instead of a real slot receiver. Herron was always a horrible pick. Undersized, average speed, horrible hands.

Which one of your favorite 50 should we have taken instead then?

Please wait…

• twinview

What?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am not disturbed by the quality of the bucs receivers – now the two qb wannabes that have mastered completion avoidance would make the receivers a lot better if they were somewhere near NFL average – but this thread is about receivers…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok.  If you think so.  Jackson at this point is "ok".  Evans is still a work in progress and an unknown.  Murphy stinks.

With all the issues this team has on both lines, you are worried about the WRs.  ::)

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

I think Herron will be fine next season. He is a raw player, has great speed. But came from a very small school.  I have not given up on him yet. And Murphy has played well IMO.

Please wait…

• twinview

...has great speed.

Wrong. He was hyped up to be some speed demon, but he isn't. His 40 time of 4.47 proved what you could already see from watching him play in college. He has average speed. Nothing special.

Please wait…

• lynnst

Participant

Herron would be a house hold name in the right offense as a slot with sum what decent qb

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

...has great speed.

Wrong. He was hyped up to be some speed demon, but he isn't. His 40 time of 4.47 proved what you could already see from watching him play in college. He has average speed. Nothing special.

From NFL.comRobert Herron AnalysisStrengths Good athlete. Exceptional straight-line timed speed -- can accelerate and get on top of DBs vertically. Quick-footed. Above-average hands. Has return capability (despite not being used as a returner because of offensive value).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What happened to the slot? We drafted a (censored)ty alligator armed running back with hands of stone, instead of a real slot receiver. Herron was always a horrible pick. Undersized, average speed, horrible hands.

5'9" 193 lbs whos strong enough to put up 18 reps of 225 doesnt sounds THAT undersized for a slot receiver. 4.47 40 yard dash in that combine seems like better than average speed. His moves are pretty good, thats is evident in film. Ill give you the bad hands thing, but it wouldnt be all that surprising if he gets better in that aspect. Id be more surprised if he didnt.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

I am all for giving up on players that have proved they are not the answer. But a practice squad rookie, who has not even got his shot yet?  SMH

Please wait…

• twinview

4.47 is better than average? Maybe for you and me, but for NFL receivers, that is average. Especially for NFL receivers that are 5’9″. If he was 6’5″ it would be impressive. I mighty midget like Herron would need to be in the 4.3s to be have great speed. It isn’t slow my any means, but it sure as hell isn’t elite speed like so many tried to make him out to be. People watched him in college surrounded by sub par competition and got fooled into thinking he was fast. He has average speed. His hands suck. He is afraid of getting hit. He is shit. Another stupid pick by this regime.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn’t our #3 WR get > 100 yards yesterday? I think that spot was just fine.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We need to draft a real slot receiver like Nelson Spruce from Colorado State.  Runs good routes, has great hands and is tough enough to take the hits.  He’s the anti Herron.

Please wait…

• captainduwayne

Participant

We drafted a bunch of guys that weren’t as good as last years guys and Lovie refuses to admit his mistakes.Eric Page could replace three guys,  Herron, Sheppard and Thigster.  At least Sheppard contributes on Special Teams with a tackle now and then.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs need to improve a lot of positions going into next year, but IMHO we are pretty good at the skill positions (assuming ASJ gets better going into next year).

Please wait…

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.