What if neither is the right guy?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    SO CAL BUC FAN
    Participant

That could make this very interesting. I stand now as the wait and see. I like MM athleticism and clean background and I like that Winston has played the pro-style offense. If MM or Winston were both perfect or one was decidedly better than the other in all aspects from playing ability to background etc. I wouldn't care it's up to Ownership, the Front Office and the Coaching Staff. If Lovie & Licht miss it wont matter either as then they will be out of work here in a season or two. What if they both suck due to horrible coaching or both get hurt? Then what is there to talk or complain about?Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda.I want numerous Lombardi's and a Consistent Winner!!!! GO BUCS!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous
    Inactive

Its the draft and we go through this every year. Also, regarding off all the scouting and interview there is one thing that cannot be determine. How will the player act after they receive their check and how much could outside influences will contribute to their dumb decisions.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Then we tried. The cycle continues for this franchise and we’ll be needing another QB. I don’t think you can write Mariota/Winston off until by the 3rd or 4th year, that’s when you’ll see the real deal or not. The way I see it, Lovie hits the home run with Winston and the Bucs are able to be contenders for several years. Get bounced out the playoffs after a few playoff wins only to can Lovie and bring in a new coach that will eventually get us over the hump the same way Dungy/Gruden.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    rogersgc
    Participant

If neither work out then fine. The new rookie wage scale allows for franchises to recover more quickly than they used to after bombing on a high draft pick because of the money they have tied into that player. I don't think either guy will be a bust but it will take Mariota a couple years to adjust to NFL passing concepts. He should be redshirted his first year. I think it would be to his detriment if a team tried to push him out there too early.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Then we can passionately argue about which QB to take 3 years from now because we will be right back in this same boat.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If you fear to succeed you never will. You take your shot. If you miss, reload, try again. One of these days you’ll get better at it (or get the right people in) and hit the mark.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

They’ll trade… or take the BPA.If they think next year is a better QB draft, you get enough picks to go after the best one...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    rogersgc
    Participant

They'll trade... or take the BPA.If they think next year is a better QB draft, you get enough picks to go after the best one...

Next years QB draft overall is worse than this one.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t see Mariota as still being in play. I see the two options being Winston and trade back. But if they stay the course and take Winston and he’s a bust, oh well, sucks for us, it will be another five years down the drain. But that’s the same as it was for the Colts when they drafted Manning and Luck, Rams when they drafted Bradford, Lions when they drafted Stafford, etc. You take a guy and sometimes they bust.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I like how some are now saying well if neither work out we’ll just do it again next season….Continued failed attempts at one thing (a franchise QB) you become the Cleveland Browns...That could be a very, very long wait!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

There are warts on both of them, and nearly 2 months left for someone else to emerge. Or for one of these to sink. Or for a deal we can’t refuse to spring forth…

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

They'll trade... or take the BPA.If they think next year is a better QB draft, you get enough picks to go after the best one...

Next years QB draft overall is worse than this one.

Who knows?  There might be some hotshot sophomore coming out after throwing 20 picks...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Then we tried with the one guy that possibly every other would have picked. If he bombs hopefully we’ll be in range to get the next best thing. Brad Kaaya!!!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep. Impossible to who who will explode onto the scene net year… It’s a guessing game, really…

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep. Impossible to who who will explode onto the scene net year... It's a guessing game, really...

And as far as I know. Everyone here is a BUCS FAN? So, why all the B$ and put downs everyone has their choice. I can't wait if there is fallout afterward. We'll be back to finger pointing, F* Bombs and Put Downs. That is how Team Websites, Fan Pages & Team Group Pages Die. GO BUCS~

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.