What is Jameis Winston Worth in $$$?

What would you pay Jameis Winston to be on your football team?

This is not about starting or riding the bench. He does have value but how much? This is simply to have Jameis on your football team.

You must be logged in to participate.
  • $27M - $30M
  • $24M - $27M
  • $21M - $24M
  • $18M - $21M
  • $15M - $18M
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    RayJayinTBay
    Participant

Lots of opinions out there, but I would like to know what everyone thinks is Jameis Winston is truly worth in terms of average yearly salary. Regardless of what you may think about Jameis, he does have value. But how much?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

dexmonkey
    Participant

i voted 24-27 mil as a starter

that sounds like a lot because we all still think that way because 5 years ago 20mil was just insane, now having your qb on the book for 27mil or less is a bargain and below average. the QB average salary has utterly exploded in the last few seasons and you pretty much have to spend at least 25 mil now for a veteran QB unless its just a 1 year deal

in less than 2 years were gonna have a guy making 40 mil a season and the NFL average will be around 33mil

its crazy but it is what it is. kinda nuts that 27mil a season is considered a bargain now

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    fbickley
    Participant

Having a top qb is a bargain at 27.  Carr is a bargain at 20.  Winston with the Ints is a potential coach/front office killer.  Who would pay without a backup plan.  Even if he got 2 to 3 years as with a draft pick, it would be below the franchise at 27.  I just don’t see anyone saying he is the guy for the future, making him a market starting qb offer.  He is a high priced backup or bridge plan.  And with seemingly an endless number of guys fitting that description this year (rivers, Bridgewater, Tannehill, maybe Brady, Mariota may not be considered a starter, but he isn’t a Bortles.  Not to mention andy dalton, david Carr and I am sure another Qb available in a reasonable trade.  The only thing Winston has going is that there seems to be a week about class overall.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Roy
    Participant

The years are more important than the money. If we do venture ahead with Winston, how long are we locked into his contract? If he throws 30 more INTs next year and everybody is ready to throw him out the window, how many more years after that are we stuck with his contract?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Alldaway 2.0
    Participant

Bucs should not go higher than $28 mil per year.  Licht better not screw this up.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Build the trenches!

buc_boi
    Participant

Not even worth his own weight in dog shit.

+1.1B
    Rating: +2.1B. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...
    player101
    Participant

I am interested to see what happens. I do not believe there is a big market for the NFL INT leader over the last 5 seasons, coming off 30 INT’s in 2019.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    RayJayinTBay
    Participant

I am interested to see what happens. I do not believe there is a big market for the NFL INT leader over the last 5 seasons, coming off 30 INT’s in 2019.

I think you are spot on. Hold firm on your offer and if he wants to test free agency, let him and then move forward with another option. Don’t wait for him.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Jr.3
    Participant

Market value could go down for JW with all the QB’s that are set to be Free Agents.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    seekpar
    Participant

Your poll is missing another option: $0, he wouldn’t be on my team.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    TBayXXXVII
    Participant

“Other”.  He’s a backup QB.  The top backup QB was Bridgewater at approximately $12M.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Graham
    Participant

I would expect Jameis’ interceptions to regress more toward his norm in 2020.  His career INT% is 3.5.  At around 600 attempts that’s 21 picks.

With his ability to push the ball down the field and make big plays I could live with 21 picks at $21M – $24M.

So many people on this board are stuck on the 30 interceptions.  He’ll never do that again.  Whether it’s here or somewhere else.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    TCB2W!
    Participant

@Graham

Yeah he won’t because he would never play all 16 games if he kept throwing them at that rate. So yes, that is a safe bet. The only reason he got there this year is Arians wanted all the tape on Winston under his system he could. Even if he was back next year he would be benched at the rate he is throwing them.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    LIBucsFan93
    Participant

realistically. $20 bucks and a lifetime supply of crap legs!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Badtimes
    Participant

Which NFL teams will pursue Jameis Winston to be their starting QB?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.