Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 29 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

Someone sent me a text saying they heard a rumor of moving GMac…anyone else hear this?

Bucs “haul” would be a second round pick.

Thoughts? Aside from Jason Licht must be cross faded again…

• dexmonkey

Participant

it was from an article on ESPN. i doubt there are legs. it was “move that should be made”

• dexmonkey

Participant

it was from an article on ESPN. i doubt there are legs. it was “move that should be made”

• Clive Massimo

Participant

He’s not going anywhere (for good or Ill). He’s here for at least two more seasons.

• Pit of misery

Participant

Maybe a 1,2 and 1st next year! F@ck Gruden I would give him s@ht!

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

Better be a heck of a kicker!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Reported by 247 sports.

• ryan24

Participant

Reported by 247 sports.

Sourced from Mike Sando’s insider article on espn.com. It was a nonsensical “this should happen” type of article and there were 4 other “proposed” trades sourced out of nothing listed as well.

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Gerald McCoy

Verified account

@Geraldini93
      36m36 minutes ago
      Well well well free agency on its way and the draft in the near future will cause people to write anything. TRADE……….. IM NOT LEAVING!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Koetter and Licht fighting for their jobs and they are going to trade McCoy . . . for picks?

C’mon now.

• JC5100

Participant

Should have been traded 4 years ago. The culture and mindset of team will improve when he’s gone. He’s a hollow leader and is awful in critical situations.

• ryan24

Participant

Should have been traded 4 years ago.

today’s special kind of stupid award remains in the hands of the above poster.

• Soul Bro

Participant

It’s been a tough few days for Gerald.

• JC5100

Participant

His trade value 4 years ago was double or even triple what it is now. Since 2014 he’s made $63M and our average defensive rank has been #23. AND he got his ass chewed out by Cullen in a critical point of a HUGE game in 2015 for what appeared to be loafing.

So tell why we shouldn’t have shipped him out 4 years ago. When you have a player drafted this highly, making this much money he sets the standard for the entire defense and right now that standard is shit.

• Anonymous

Inactive

@ JC5100,
      I rarely call people out, but you don’t appear to be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

• harrybucman

Participant

@ JC5100,
        I rarely call people out, but you don’t appear to be the sharpest knife in the drawer.
        ————
        If Chronic was not in the mix, JC would easily be the dullest knife in the drawer. Even a broke clock is right once a day, but this doughnut has never been close to being right about anything.

• JC5100

Participant

If Chronic was not in the mix, JC would easily be the dullest knife in the drawer. Even a broke clock is right once a day, but this doughnut has never been close to being right about anything.

– Trading up for JJ Watt
        – Grading Trent Richardson as undraftable
        – Not having a first round grade on Hargreaves
        – Calling Sweezy and Baker signings as disasters from the beginning.

My plan to convert Revis’ 2014 and 2015 base salaries into a signing bonus to bring his base salary to vet minimum and trade him would have netted a king’s ransom in a trade. As would trading McCoy in 2014.

I’ve been against everything Licht has done.

• bucboi813

Participant

If we can get multiple picks in rounds 2-3-4 I’m all for it a first n 4th kiss McCoy ass goodbye I’d rather go with 4-5 young bulls in the mix then this 32 ranked pass rush who cares at this point

• SO CAL BUC FAN

Participant

@Skipper
      @ JC5100,

You should read some of the stuff put up on some of the BUCS fan groups on FB….. And sometimes, I believe he has 3-5 screen names and agrees with himself all day long!

• The Anti-Java

Participant

@SO CAL BUC FAN

I used to stick up for the guy, give him the benefit of the doubt about being a football guy making big decisions. Hell, I figured maybe he worked for a college program somewhere. Its possible, I thought I would give the guy a chance, when everyone else rips him 24/7
      Then he rips me for some nonsense reason. I am thinking WTH?
      I wonder what the over/under is on his friend request. One?

BTW, that reminds me, on a related note, I have 17 friend requests, and I can not accept any of them for some reason. This board is whack. No offense to those people.

• htownbucfan03

Participant

@JC

I would listen to you but you also said Orlando brown was a blue chip prospect and he isn’t worth a look til day 3 so yeah. I would take a 2 and 4 for GMC but I rather give him some real talent to work with. We wasted his career here honestly. Unfortunate.

• Graham

Participant

So dumb.

• Soul Bro

Participant

On a serious note, I don’t think it’s a good look for Gerald to continue to react to the media via Twitter. Seems beneath him.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

we always keep saying “Gerald needs help” but who is a player that we’ve ever brought in here to play on the line that has played BETTER when paired with McCoy? Does he make anyone a better player?……Buehler……Buehler….

Michael Johnson?
      Chris Baker?
      Robert Ayers?
      Clinton McDonald?

I really believe we are better off trading him while he has some worth. This defense has accomplished nothing since he’s been here.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

– Trading up for JJ Watt
      – Grading Trent Richardson as undraftable
      – Not having a first round grade on Hargreaves
      – Calling Sweezy and Baker signings as disasters from the beginning.

– Josh Freeman is a franchise QB
      – Josh Freeman didn’t have a drug problem
      – Maurice Stovall is a stud
      – Luke McCown is a good QB

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Soul Bro
      Mar 6, 18 at 11:50 pm #1065419
      It’s been a tough few days for Gerald.

####

Even tougher for JC. Well, everyday is tough for JC, actually

• Chyno

Participant

It amazes me how much shit Gmac gets from fans and “writers”. Some times I wonder if people even watch the same games I watch. This dude has been one of the best DTs in the game year in year out, basically with no help. You got some moron rattling off all these names we’ve signed in order to help Gmac. Ok, we signed them to help but did they help? Hell no! Every signing on the DL has been a bust! It’s like they come to Tampa and catch the “I suck ass bug”. Michael Johnson was a bum when we signed him, and everyone expected him to save us? He had like what 1 good year prior to signing with us. He was who he was and we should’ve seen that. Baker was a nobody before the 1 good year he had in Washington. Robert Ayers 1 good year. Clinton McDonald has been solid for us but he’s never been a pass rusher we all know that.

So, you tell me what we’ve done along the DL to really help GMac? This dude literally gets double and triple teamed game in game out, but STILL produces! He still gets pressures! He’s been the ONLY consistent player on our DL. So I really don’t see how people think he sucks, or that he’s the problem. This guy has basically been doing it all on his own since Michael Bennett left. We’ve missed all basically every DE we’ve drafted to play along side McCoy. We’ve bust on every FA signee on the DL since McCoy’s been in Tampa.

It’s crazy how he’s getting all the blame for our bottom dwelling defense, and our league low sacks. But, last I checked there’s 10 other guys on defense, and 3 other guys on the DL playing with McCoy. If I remembered correctly 1 player can’t win it all alone.

• JC5100

Participant

Donkey, I knew Freeman had a drug problem. I heard a story about Las Vegas in summer of 2013. I just don’t believe the team did everything they could have done and had alot of responsibility in creating a substance abuse culture on the team.

As for Stovall, my stance as that when given the opportunity to be the #2 WR his production was that of an average #2 WR. It was backed up by statistics. I think he earned a real shot and didn’t get one, the team drafted Arrelious Benn #39 instead.

McCown had a 100.6 rating as a starter in 2007 and didn’t get a chance in 2008 as Gruden switched back between Garcia and Griese every other week. That makes sense to you? Leftwich did not beat him out in 2009 and basically stole money from the team.

• JC5100

Participant

Chyno, watch his 3rd down and 4th qtr film and tell me that’s a DT who deserves QB money. He doesn’t hunt.

• Chyno

Participant

@JC5100

Name me 5 DTs better than McCoy year in year out? Aaron Donald is the best in the game right now even though he’s moved to DE in their scheme but he could still be considered at DT because he moves in and out. Geno Atkins I’ll put up there with McCoy. Fletcher Cox. That’s 3. McCoy is easily a top 5 DT anyway upu cut it.

• Pepsi

Participant

I wanted to trade McCoy years ago. you know back when our team sucked all around, and McCoy was the only valuable trade piece we had.. and Clowney was in the draft, then again when Bosa was in the draft. or just to get an extra first or multiple picks.

Its not nearly as logical now as it was back then. Hes 30, cap friendly for his positional ranking, wouldnt net a 1st round pick anymore, and our team is much more talented and capable of a quick turn around if Licht can nail it this offseason. Id vote no, keep McCoy. unless he could net something better than one 2nd round pick.

• Ja’crispy

Participant

I think this is just a rumor but if we can get, lets say, a 2nd and a 4th rd pick id consider it.

• ryan24

Participant

Donkey, I knew Freeman had a drug problem. I heard a story about Las Vegas in summer of 2013. I just don’t believe the team did everything they could have done and had alot of responsibility in creating a substance abuse culture on the team.

As for Stovall, my stance as that when given the opportunity to be the #2 WR his production was that of an average #2 WR. It was backed up by statistics. I think he earned a real shot and didn’t get one, the team drafted Arrelious Benn #39 instead.

McCown had a 100.6 rating as a starter in 2007 and didn’t get a chance in 2008 as Gruden switched back between Garcia and Griese every other week. That makes sense to you? Leftwich did not beat him out in 2009 and basically stole money from the team.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

The correct answer is “I was wrong on those”.

Thanks for playing.

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.