Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 32 reply threads

• Author

• TCB2W!

Participant

You know, I had to work late and I have to DVR the game and watch it when it was about the third quarter. So I didn’t read or check any score until the game was over. But reading the gameday thread I saw all these complaints about Fournette when i was thinking the whole game that he was running really well. In fact he was just shy of 5 yards per rush and the was excellent in the pass game so I can’t understand why everyone was complaining about him. Our secondary sucks. There is no two ways about it but I stopped reading the game day thread bc it felt like it was 90 percent negative in a game we lead from start to finish. We were literally never behind but it read like we were the Lions in the game we played against them. We punted what? 3 times the entire game? Why is everyone so negative? I’m glad I wasnt reading and watching the game like I normally do.

• TCB2W!

Participant

I want to add Godwin dropping passes was the only thing that pissed me off and the game would have never been close if he hauled passes in like he normally does.

• 3rd String Kicker

Thought Fournette played well, loved that physical double spin run. I know it was like 3-4 yards, but it could of been a loss easily. He made some plays tonight, but I have to give some of that to the line too, Jensen was getting to that 2nd level a few times.

• Mic

Participant

Fournette ran well but Godwin had those playoff jitters let’s hope the monkey is off his back. That online took it personally I gotta say

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

I stopped the game thread in the 2nd quarter when it started taking longer than the commercial break to scroll to the bottom.

• buc_boi

Participant

You’re right OP, people come here just to complain while thinking their opinion is informed.

But when we have success they crawl back under from whatever rock they’ve been hiding under.

Have you also noticed the negative trend in the game days threads week in and week out, so have I.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

<p>I want to add Godwin dropping passes was the only thing that pissed me off and the game would have never been close if he hauled passes in like he normally does.</p>

<p>The defense letting a midget XFL qb look good didnt piss you off?

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

I didn’t chime in once. I wanted Sea for two weeks n was told the NFC East was a cake walk so I didn’t want to hear complaints when it got close at times.
      I will NEVER apologize for winning or think any playoff game is a win. Now the press will attack us for not winning convincing enough. Yet if Washington had a mobile QB who could throw like he did tonight? They’d been a 10-11 win team easily.
      Godwin drops, n Vaughn fumble kept this game closer than it should have been but I have faith in both guys.
      Ali Marpet n Jonathan Allen went HARD.. Ali protected his guys at all cost! Love that dude!!!
      Oline did good actually except when Cappa got hurt. D Smith did a good job. Hope they all get credit for the game they had as a unit.

• Watchman

Participant

Godwin’s drops were really surprising.

Was wondering why they didn’t sit him down at one point and go with AB.

Those were some really unfortunate drops at extremely bad times.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Fournette did a good job. One of his best games as a buc if not the best game he’s had as a buc as far as his job as a running back. Offense was good as they usually are. The defense overall wasn’t great but made some plays too and I thought their qb played a decent game considering his status as back up but whats unusual there as well lol. Overall it was a good win and yes I think it could/should have been worse if Godwin hauls in those balls.

• dalbuc

Participant

The measuring stick isn’t a team with a losing record playing a QB that has fewer career passes than Brady has playoff wins (almost). Yes we won. Thank god but everyone has eyes on a bigger prize that means we have to beat Brees and Rodgers.

• Boid Fink

Participant

I have been hemming and hawing over the offensive line (left tackle), and secondary before this game started. SMB is a liability. His int was the direct result of a better defensive player, and he benefited.

Mostly the secondary looks entirely confused in a play by play basis. They aren’t reading the field or the players around them quickly enough to make plays. It is almost like all of them are guarding seams, and nine will take the risk of covering an area of need. You can see it over and over again, particularly with Burn Me Bunting.

Again, the secondary is a massive problem. Either because of the scheme, the players being stoned, or a combination of both, they look entirely stupid in space. Too much processing rather than lining up a receiver and just knowing that is where the pass is going to be…

Secondary is a horrible mess.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Red Zone offense: 1 for 5

If you’re not pissed about that, then I guess you have some really low standards, especially if our end goal is the Super Bowl.

If we capitalized on Red Zone TD’s, then we wouldn’t be worried as much.

Sure, Godwin was bad today, but going 1 for 5 in the Red Zone is downright pathetic for this offense that’s supposed to be clicking.

I’m relieved we won, but we were playing to WFT’s liking. We were dictating play, they were with a practice squad QB on his second start of the season.

We’re supposed to win this game outright, but it never felt like it. WFT was one score away from tying the game up. If we struggled against a WFT with a practice squad QB, then our chances in the next round doesn’t look so promising. If our offense can’t keep up with NO or the LA Rams, then we’re going to have to turn off the tv set off by halftime.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

The measuring stick isn’t a team with a losing record playing a QB that has fewer career passes than Brady has playoff wins (almost). Yes we won. Thank god but everyone has eyes on a bigger prize that means we have to beat Brees and Rodgers.

Brees or rodgers hopefully

• JC5100

Participant

Terrible performance by the defense. Play like that next week and the Saints will score 50.

I’m going to attribute Godwin’s drops to the cold weather aggravating his hand he just had surgery on.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

I didn’t chime in once. I wanted Sea for two weeks n was told the NFC East was a cake walk so I didn’t want to hear complaints when it got close at times.
      I will NEVER apologize for winning or think any playoff game is a win. Now the press will attack us for not winning convincing enough. Yet if Washington had a mobile QB who could throw like he did tonight? They’d been a 10-11 win team easily.
      Godwin drops, n Vaughn fumble kept this game closer than it should have been but I have faith in both guys.
      Ali Marpet n Jonathan Allen went HARD.. Ali protected his guys at all cost! Love that dude!!!
      Oline did good actually except when Cappa got hurt. D Smith did a good job. Hope they all get credit for the game they had as a unit.

And the cake drop INT from Whitehead that also kept them in the game…

As far as 4nette he tan well but c’mom y’all he’s not the same guy who played with JAX… he runs soft and goes down with the first tackler… had it been RojO he prolly would of went over 100 yards and a few scores… maybe not the same amount of catches 4nette had but close…

Vaughn hasn’t really played all year and doesn’t have the confidence and the intensity of what a playoff game is about..he’ll get it together and I hope next year it’s him and rojo with the 1-2 punch..

• Donkey

Participant

It’s our first playoff win in 19 years. One game at a time.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

Just checking for a jaboo or knees sighting…. anyone, bueller, anyone?

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Don’t think that there is anything wrong with criticizing a performance when it’s not meeting potential. The defense was a absolute total embarrassment letting a practice squad QB on his second start look like Russell Wilson. The offense was ok, once again did not play to potential though. It’s disappointing to see that this team came into the playoffs not hitting on all cylinders against a team that shouldn’t even be in the playoffs, and they need to play a hell of a lot better next week to have any chance of winning.

• theknees

Participant

Yeah, missing White changed everything for the defense tonight. He’s back next Sunday (looks like that is when we will play).

• Runole

Participant

Whew! Glad the BUCs won but it was frustrating to watch! Shouldn’t have been that close.
      Dungy fawning over the Redskins didn’t make it any better. Seemed as though he was cheering for the Redskins.

• cgnumber7

Participant

Not to forget, the non-fumble decision at the end of the half. There was a lot to be upset about. I know thread is mostly negative but I don’t know about you but I am jumping and running around when we are doing good, and nervous and frustrated when things go wrong. I think it’s more of a way to let out frustrations posting stuff when things go bad, a way to get it off your chest. Either way Round 2!!

• Biggs3535

Participant

I don’t think the offense or the defense played particularly well, but their B game was good enough to beat Washington. It won’t be next week, whoever they play – which will be a team that Tampa hasn’t beaten this season.

• buc_boi

Participant

Imagine that, the Win is never enough for some So called Bucs fan.

Funny

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I don’t think the offense or the defense played particularly well, but their B game was good enough to beat Washington. It won’t be next week, whoever they play – which will be a team that Tampa hasn’t beaten this season.

Exactly.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Funny

God dammit you are still so fucking annoying with your cult mentality.

You don’t have a monopoly on fandom

• RW

Participant

Red Zone offense: 1 for 5

If you’re not pissed about that, then I guess you have some really low standards, especially if our end goal is the Super Bowl.

If we capitalized on Red Zone TD’s, then we wouldn’t be worried as much.

Sure, Godwin was bad today, but going 1 for 5 in the Red Zone is downright pathetic for this offense that’s supposed to be clicking.

I’m relieved we won, but we were playing to WFT’s liking. We were dictating play, they were with a practice squad QB on his second start of the season.

We’re supposed to win this game outright, but it never felt like it. WFT was one score away from tying the game up. If we struggled against a WFT with a practice squad QB, then our chances in the next round doesn’t look so promising. If our offense can’t keep up with NO or the LA Rams, then we’re going to have to turn off the tv set off by halftime.

Godwin TD Drop = 1 missed red zone conversion
      And that drop in the last two minutes of the half would have put the game away.

• RW

Participant

The offense played really well outside of Godwin’s drops and Larsen giving up some sacks. I mean over 500 yards of offense against the team which gave up the 2nd fewest yards in the NFL is pretty good.
      The defense was not good. Can’t sugarcoat their performance against a bottom 25% offense. And against a QB in his 2nd start; unforgivable.

• RW

Participant

Funny

I guess your parents always considered a “D” just as good as an “A”? For others there is nothing wrong to critique a flawed performance.

• RW

Participant

And the cake drop INT from Whitehead that also kept them in the game…

As far as 4nette he tan well but c’mom y’all he’s not the same guy who played with JAX… he runs soft and goes down with the first tackler… had it been RojO he prolly would of went over 100 yards and a few scores… maybe not the same amount of catches 4nette had but close…

Vaughn hasn’t really played all year and doesn’t have the confidence and the intensity of what a playoff game is about..he’ll get it together and I hope next year it’s him and rojo with the 1-2 punch..

I do agree with you that although LF made some good plays RoJo could have run for for probably 40-50 yards more. He especially would have helped in the red zone.

• Charles

Participant

Washington sucks.

Our defense sucks.

They had some scrub at QB.

Disappointing win.

We play like that next week we lose by 21 points.

• kingtrojan

Participant