Viewing 68 reply threads

• Author

• bucinsouthFL

Participant

I am honestly okay with most of the players who are mocked to us at 7 Evans, Matthews, Lewan, Manziel, Bridgewater, etc. Assuming we don’t “reach” on a player, the one pick I would HATE is Blake Bortles. I’m just not buying into the hype on this guy. Played a weak division, unimpressed with his accuracy, and his arm should be a lot stronger for a 6’5 240 lb QB. Just not impressed with what his brings to the table at all. Bridgewater has incredible accuracy, leadership, and ran a pro style offense. JFF is just flat out electric and a playmaker. I would not love either of those picks, but could come around to them. Bortles is a 2nd round prospect who is being over hyped due to a huge need for QBs. I don’t think he is trash, but he is just not a 1st round QB. Reminds me a lot of Josh Freeman. Except he won a games (in a weaker division).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lewan would piss me off. I think he’s overdrafted if he goes top ten. I’m not a huge fan of Mosley, I think he’s ok but he doesn’t fill a need and I don’t think he’s much of an upgrade over Foster. Carr at 7 would suck, but I’m kind of ok with it if we trade back.I guess the only player I've seen mocked to us that would irritate me the most is Lewan. Getting the third best tackle at #7 is crap.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Definitely Carr, I don’t think we need a QB in this draft at all but wouldn’t be upset with any of the other three.  Would finish a handle of makers by pick 10 if Carr is our pick at 7

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Never mind stats, bortles has the qb look of warner.And I'm good with just about any player in the top ten, but I'd really hate to see them waste this pick on a ol that most likely will be one of our last early picks for awhile. Number seven needs to be an impact player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bortles or Carr @ 7 would suck. I’m not buying the lewan top 10 hype, wasnt too long ago many questioned whether he could be a LT or would be just a RT in the pros. Dont get the mosley hype either, no way he should be even top 15. I like donald, evans, mathews or one of the other qbs (still on board with TBW despite the media downgrade), or one of the players typically mocked before our pick (mack, robinson, watkins) if one were to fall somehow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JavaOh I thought there was an "r" in there. My bad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lewan or Carr.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr, Lewan, Matthews. Everyone else I think I am pretty okay with, or could at least be hopeful about.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lewan would piss me off. I think he's overdrafted if he goes top ten. I'm not a huge fan of Mosley, I think he's ok but he doesn't fill a need and I don't think he's much of an upgrade over Foster. Carr at 7 would suck, but I'm kind of ok with it if we trade back.I guess the only player I've seen mocked to us that would irritate me the most is Lewan. Getting the third best tackle at #7 is crap.

Actually would not be surprised if he's the first OT taken. Robinson is raw as a pass blocker and Matthew's has a high bust factor imo, mainly because it's hard to gauge how good he really is playing with Manziel.I'd hate any of the OTs really.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bortles and Carr would leave me with the same feeling I had when we picked Freeman. I’ll pray for the best but in the back of my mind I’m just waiting for 5 years down the line when we get to draft a new QB. Lewan would be hard to cheer for because he's a scumbag but I could live with it.If Manziel or Bridgewater is still available and we pick anyone else I'll be furious.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel. I think the guy is going to be a huge bust in the NFL. Don’t understand the hype around the guy. Great college QB whose skill set, like tons of others before him, won’t translate in the NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel. I think the guy is going to be a huge bust in the NFL. Don't understand the hype around the guy. Great college QB whose skill set, like tons of others before him, won't translate in the NFL.

Perhaps you don't get the hype because you believe there has been tons just like him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

an o-lineman just isn’t sexy enough for 7 and would leave me tremendously let down.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

an o-lineman just isn't sexy enough for 7 and would leave me tremendously let down.

I feel you on that one. I would be more let down if we somehow decided to trade down, but we missed out on the guy we traded down for.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am going to flip sht if we trade down to like 10 and then draft anyone other than Aaron Donald. It will be the same thing they did to us when it seemed like they were trading back and going to take Luke Kuechly. Still would’ve loved to see a Kuechly David LB corps. Too bad he is the enemy now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bortles, Carr, Lewan, possibly Bridgewater.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bridgewater would be the worst pick for the Bucs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lewan, Matthews or Mike Evans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel. I think the guy is going to be a huge bust in the NFL. Don't understand the hype around the guy. Great college QB whose skill set, like tons of others before him, won't translate in the NFL.

Perhaps you don't get the hype because you believe there has been tons just like him.

I agree with Hayseed.  And After watching football for 60 years, I’ve seen many that came out of college as the next big thing that was going to set the NFL on fire and they didn’t.  I get the hype.  I just don’t believe Manziel is going to be that good in the pros. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Any QB in the first round but especially Manziel, would make me unhappy. None of them come across as being ready and at 7 I’d rather have a player we can use this year to benefit the team. If we want a project take a QB later. Donald or WR in Rnd1, G or TE in Rnd 2, WR or a G  in Rnd3.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I honestly don’t think we can make a bad “realistic” pick. Everyone expected to possibly be there at 7 is going to be an upgrade in my mind.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Derek Carr.  Its realistic and he is Jake Locker 2.0

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

32nd ranked offense and we select a Nosetackle. Worse case by far.  Will have absolutely zero impact on the win column and our offense will still suck.Although I believe this pick is only realistic in the minds of red boarders.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OL or Bortles would have me pretty meh

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are so many holes in the ship outside of the QB spot that any attempt at drafting a QB in first  three rounds would be pretty fucking stupid in my mind.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are so many holes in the ship outside of the QB spot that any attempt at drafting a QB in first  three rounds would be pretty **CENSORED**ing stupid in my mind.

i spit my coffee on my celly over that comment....thanx for the early morning comedy!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are you kidding?  Any of those 3 would be fine if Manziel is gone by their pick.    If Manziel is there at 7, you have to take him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lewan or Mosley would make me very unhappy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are you kidding?  Any of those 3 would be fine if Manziel is gone by their pick.    If Manziel is there at 7, you have to take him.

I don't get being unhappy about Mike Evans if he is the pick. The OTs I get.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr or Barr at #7 would make me very unhappy

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bortles or Carr

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have to say Bridgewater. When I see him, I see Josh Johnson…   Manziel has boom or bust written all over him. Depends very much how coachable he is. Much of the improvosation he did in college won't work so well in the NFL. In the end tho', I'll trust in Lovie Licht to have a plan they can make work, whoever they take...   I still think trading down to add more picks is the best way to go

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Barr.No place for the guy, and he is undersized as a DE. A waste of a sambacker, with all that elite athletic talent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I still think trading down to add more picks is the best way to go

Not when the best QB since John Elway is on the board (Manziel)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think he is trash, but he is just not a 1st round QB. Reminds me a lot of Josh Freeman. Except he won a games (in a weaker division).

I didn't think Josh Freeman was a 1st round qb,  but you seem to imply a comparison of Josh's NEGATIVE traits to Bortles.  Just curious, in what ways?  Accuracy? Leadership? Off-field?  You've got to be kidding. Comparison is night and day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade UP, Barr, Manziel @ 7

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can’t think of any pick that would make me angry, but Manziel would be hugely disappointing. I’d rather see a guy like Murray in the 2nd.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will lose my shit if we draft Manziel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will lose my **CENSORED** if we draft Manziel.

..Can I come to your draft party? That would be hilarious to see.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lewan, Carr or Bortles…  Lewan is just not in the same league as Mathews or Robinson both of whom I’d be fine taking.  Bortles is Blaine Gabbert 2.0 and Carr is afraid of pressure, which is pretty much a death nail as an NFL qb.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Assuming we don’t trade down-Mack or Barr- these guys are great 34OLB prospects but just don't fit our system.Lewan- he is not in the same league as Matthews or Robinson and I've read multiple reports saying he has questionable character.Manziel- sorry, but I'm in the group that isn't convinced his adlibbing will work in the NFL.  I wouldn't spend a first on him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Worst pick scenario? It would have to be between drafting Lewan @ 7 or trading up for a QB (or any player, for that matter) IMO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr is the worst case. Barr, Mack, or O Line would be disappointing. Bridgewater seems like he has such low boom or bust potential. Feels like he’ll be an above average Flacco type. Manziel, Bortles or Watkins please sir!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would hate Lewan Robinson Mosely Carr Ealy Barr or Mack. The only one I like is Mack, a 3-4 lb. I do like Robinson but not that early because IMO he projects as a OG or RT. Would love Evans Donald Bortles Bridgewater Matthews. Would be indifferent to Manziel or Watkins. Although I would never draft them that early, these guys could be really good in the right system.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Funny how polar opposite people’s opinions can be on players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Worst pick would be Evans. Sorry, WR’s aren’t enough value to be picked that high in the draft and especially not in a draft as saturated with WRs as this one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree!!

I wanna see too!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i think whoever the selection is will be polarizing

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Always seems to be..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am going to flip sht if we trade down to like 10 and then draft anyone other than Aaron Donald. It will be the same thing they did to us when it seemed like they were trading back and going to take Luke Kuechly. Still would've loved to see a Kuechly David LB corps. Too bad he is the enemy now.

We are better off without Kuechly.  Barron will have a better long term career. If for no other reason, he plays for Lovie and the Bucs!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

really going out on a limb there, Hate lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Barron wasn’t polarizing.He was a "Whut...thee...hell...?" selection.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Worst possible pick out of the top 20(or so) rated prospects…..C.J. Mosley or Darqueze Dennard

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree on Dennard. He’s not even in my top-5 CB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Barron wasn't polarizing.He was a "Whut...thee...hell...?" selection.

I actually liked the Barron pick in 2012 (remembering who he was brought in to replace). I guess waiting for Eric Reid the next year, or Jarius Byrd in this year's FA would have been have been a better end result, but hindsight is always 20/20. Anyway, I think this year is the year we all get to see what Barron truly is as a player in the NFL.  Will he  to be succumb to mediocrity? Or will we witness Barron turn the proverbial corner, as most 3rd year DBs do in the NFL? One thing is almost certain -- 2014 is going to be a turning point in Mark Barron's NFL career.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Could have done better than Barron, but at least he is improving and seems to be adapting to the new rules. He outplayed a Goldson all year and should continue to improve. If he can get rid of some of the blown coverages down field, he will be really good. The true dissappointment was signing an overrated one trick pony safety who misses tackles and cant cover.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure hoping you guys are correct on Barron – I will be waiting to see the outcome.  He has thrilled me with a few plays – but not enough for a season…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think he is trash, but he is just not a 1st round QB. Reminds me a lot of Josh Freeman. Except he won a games (in a weaker division).

I didn't think Josh Freeman was a 1st round qb,  but you seem to imply a comparison of Josh's NEGATIVE traits to Bortles.  Just curious, in what ways?  Accuracy? Leadership? Off-field?  You've got to be kidding. Comparison is night and day.

In terms of the fact that he is a very raw prospect who has amazing tools, but will need time to develop. In terms of leadership I agree he checks out there. But his accuracy is okay. His mechanics are okay. If those things were different, I would be all for taking him in the 1st. But as of right now, I would not draft Bortles above the mid 2nd round. He is not trash, but he is not worth a top 10 selection at all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Worst case scenario for the Bucs would be if Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Evans, Manziel, and Bortles were all gone before the Bucs got to pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All of them will be gone. All of them.  You are going to have a horrible draft night.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

an o-lineman just isn't sexy enough for 7 and would leave me tremendously let down.

Hate just obliterated it.The thread is won!Next.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If that happens, it won’t just be me.I am so glad we won those meaningless games last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anthony Barr IMO. Not sure if he’s JPP or Dion Jordan. Or Bridgewater.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im hoping Coach Smith just loads up on lineman…. It may not be what you guys want to see because it doesn’t entertain you, but its what is best for the team at this point IMO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Worst case scenario for the Bucs would be if Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Evans, Manziel, and Bortles were all gone before the Bucs got to pick.

Cool. So we roll with Teddy. Or Matthews.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Barron was a “what the hell” pick for Boid because his dumb ass was on the Moron Claiborne bandwagon – who is worse than Barron. At least Barron is good against the run and a hard hitter. Moron Claiborne is a worthless dumb ass as I predicted he would be.Boid loses.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Any defensive player or OT from that area of the draft board is the worst scenario IMO.Being as we already have 2 OT's ready to go drafting another means we just used the #7 overall on depth or to get a staring guard thanks to movement, neither option is good.In terms of defensive players it's not a knock on them, it's just that we have nothing on offense, the skill positions have been so neglected it's tough to see where any type consistent output is going to come from this year and outside of RB there's no real youth/potential.Our QB situation is a complete joke for this coming season (plus the future) and we have 1 real starter, who is getting up there in age, to go along with a whole bunch of 4th/5th on the depth chart type guys at wideout.That first round pick has to be either a shot at getting a franchise QB for the next 10-15 years OR a wideout to fill the #2 spot this year and take over as a #1 in a couple of years when Jax is done.If we go D it's just more ammo for the camp that thinks Lovie has learnt nothing since getting fired by the Bears.

Please wait…

Viewing 68 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.