Viewing 48 reply threads

• Author

• Capt Kidd

Participant

I was never a fan of the Lovie hire, but I’m a Buc fan so I got on board. I badly wanted Mariota, I just felt like I saw true leadership and talent in him. They may both turn out fine, but it’s hard to follow.But what really makes me want to puke is all the people who told us how "Pro-ready" Jameis was and how totally inept Mariota was. And anyone who had a differing opinion was openly mocked and harassed. I'm not happily gloating, I wish they were right. I love my Bucs, but this sux.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was never a fan of the Lovie hire, but I'm a Buc fan so I got on board. I badly wanted Mariota, I just felt like I saw true leadership and talent in him. They may both turn out fine, but it's hard to follow.But what really makes me want to puke is all the people who told us how "Pro-ready" Jameis was and how totally inept Mariota was. And anyone who had a differing opinion was openly mocked and harassed. I'm not happily gloating, I wish they were right. I love my Bucs, but this sux.

Good post. Agree with everything. I still hope I'm wrong about picking Mariota over Winston but hard to believe otherwise after today. Hope it works out. It's a Bucs life!

Please wait…

• redwolf384

Participant

Winston didn’t lose this game for us. Yes he didn’t play very well, he looked like a rookie. On the flip side Mariota looked like the best qb in the league. Our D looked completely clueless against the read option. That’s a failure on coaching staff. Mariota looked average in pre season playing in a traditional offense. Everyone new they were waiting til this game to pull out the real playbook. I’m just surprised our d looked this bad. Coaching staff deserves the most blame. I didn’t care if we picked Winston or mariota, our coaching staff seems like they could ruin anyone. that’s what will happen if the rest of the season looks anything like this week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston didn't lose this game for us. Yes he didn't play very well, he looked like a rookie. On the flip side Mariota looked like the best qb in the league. Our D looked completely clueless against the read option. That's a failure on coaching staff. Mariota looked average in pre season playing in a traditional offense. Everyone new they were waiting til this game to pull out the real playbook. I'm just surprised our d looked this bad. Coaching staff deserves the most blame. I didn't care if we picked Winston or mariota, our coaching staff seems like they could ruin anyone. that's what will happen if the rest of the season looks anything like this week.

This.Yes, Mariota looked better than Winston IN THEIR FIRST GAME but what really irks me is the way the Bucs D looked completely helpless against the read option plays that EVERYONE except Lovie knew they would run today. Totally inexcusable Lovie.

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

Bucs defensive lineman Henry Melton said the coaches had the players preparing for short passes and read-option like throws from rookie quarterback, Marcus Mariota. At least, that’s what Melton told Joe in the Bucs locker room this evening after a galling season-opening beatdown.JoeBucsFan: When [the Titans] came up with short drops and some variations of a read-option, did that throw you guys off? Were you expecting that? Was that something they just pulled out of a hat?Henry Melton: Yeah, we went over the option. We did all of that.Joe: So you expected some of that?Melton: Yeah. That was his game, even in college. So, it didn’t work out for us today.Melton later said the Titans didn’t call any plays that surprised him or his defensive teammates.“We had a thorough walk-through. We had a thorough practice,” Melton said. “It just didn’t happen for us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s a Bucs life…it could only play out this way for the Bucs.  The first time in history that the first and second pick meet in the opener, and of course it would turn out so poorly for the Bucs.  It’s not only the fact that Winston looked so bad, it was also how good Mariota looked…and it was the Bucs pick to make.  The Bucs are being punished…it wouldn’t even have made a difference if we had picked Mariota, Jameis would have carved us up…its a Bucs life. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston didn't lose this game for us. Yes he didn't play very well, he looked like a rookie. On the flip side Mariota looked like the best qb in the league. Our D looked completely clueless against the read option. That's a failure on coaching staff. Mariota looked average in pre season playing in a traditional offense. Everyone new they were waiting til this game to pull out the real playbook. I'm just surprised our d looked this bad. Coaching staff deserves the most blame. I didn't care if we picked Winston or mariota, our coaching staff seems like they could ruin anyone. that's what will happen if the rest of the season looks anything like this week.

This.Yes, Mariota looked better than Winston IN THEIR FIRST GAME but what really irks me is the way the Bucs D looked completely helpless against the read option plays that EVERYONE except Lovie knew they would run today. Totally inexcusable Lovie.

You mentioned in another thread that the Bucs were completely ill prepared...sadly, I agree.  Extremely disheartening, but 15 games left and I believe this team will improve throughout...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe Winston’s “rah rah” style worked in college but not so much…errr…Maybe Winston is just a fake kid that the older guys can see is full of it?Maybe Lovie is just a damned retard?I told you guys he can't build a line. And if they don't win big this season, he will be fired. Because he cannot be trusted to protect assets to the company known as The Bucs. Lovie needs to be fired. Tonight.

Please wait…

• redwolf384

Participant

Maybe Winston's "rah rah" style worked in college but not so much...errr...Maybe Winston is just a fake kid that the older guys can see is full of it?Maybe Lovie is just a damned retard?I told you guys he can't build a line. And if they don't win big this season, he will be fired. Because he cannot be trusted to protect assets to the company known as The Bucs. Lovie needs to be fired. Tonight.

Too much blame on Winston. He didn't lose us that game. Didn't play good at all but this one is on the coaching staff.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe Winston's "rah rah" style worked in college but not so much...errr...Maybe Winston is just a fake kid that the older guys can see is full of it?Maybe Lovie is just a damned retard?I told you guys he can't build a line. And if they don't win big this season, he will be fired. Because he cannot be trusted to protect assets to the company known as The Bucs. Lovie needs to be fired. Tonight.

Too much blame on Winston. He didn't lose us that game. Didn't play good at all but this one is on the coaching staff.

Winston made mistakes. I expected him to against lebeau's defenseI didn't expect all the vets to look so sloppy and unprepared. the coaches failed miserably today

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right on.

Please wait…

• redwolf384

Participant

Winston made mistakes. I expected him to against lebeau's defenseI didn't expect all the vets to look so sloppy and unprepared. the coaches failed miserably today

I can live with this game as long as it's not a happening week after week. Yeah I was surprised to not really here lavontes name at all today.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let’s not put all the blame on coaching…where the fack was David today? Verner couldn’t cover…our supposed strength of the defense, the DTs, were pushed around all day…that isn’t coaching…yes we were out coached, but the players were outplayed too.Very disappointing start to say the least

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unprepared to play. That is an indictment on the coaching staff.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

100%.  Schiano would have at least kept us competitive. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano would have taken us too the playoffs last year with Glennon

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed.  I firmly believe that if we had kept Shiano we would have won the division last year and be in position to make a nice postseason push this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed.  I firmly believe that if we had kept Shiano we would have won the division last year and be in position to make a nice postseason push this year.

Playoffs?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie: Were going to go back to the film this week and keep working at it. Tired of this clueless bum. How the hell did the Glazers hire him? Oh wait they are clueless bums too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Absolutely correct.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Absolutely correct.

Do some of you all read what you type before posting?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

After one professional game it really is too early to tell regarding Jameis.But after 2-14 in 2014 and the disgraceful showing to start this season by a HC who claims to know and call plays on defense?St. Lovie is a TERRIBLE HC and the idea he should stay in the name of continuity is asinine when the Buccaneers constantly LOSE and look so totally outclassed and out coached in doing so. They were CLEARLY not prepared what was a VERY important game. Important if the Buccaneers expect to have as many home fans as away fans in the near future.Makes ME want to puke too. But not over Jameis Winston. Not fair, not yet.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

If you haven’t been a bucs fan since ’79 you may not know this.  We were never going to win this game and nothing we saw today is indicative of how we will play going forward. Only once in our franchise history have we won games of any consequence but Lovie’s personality is far too melba toast to win an opener and our franchise is cursed when it comes to games this meaningful. When i learned that Lebeau was the DC of the TItans I knew this game was over.  You can’t have two rookie olinemen blocking for a rookie QB and win vs. Labeau it’s not happening ever.  The good news is we will be fine next Sunday.  Glad to have this game out of the way.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Absolutely correct.

ANyone that is anti-schiano does not understand the process necessary to be competitive.  Dumb as hell firing him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What makes me want to puke is that our gameplan on defense clearly needed to be to jump the short routes and force Mariota to hang in the pocket and we failed miserably. It was a complete and utter failure. Our coaches gave our players zero chance to succeed, while Tennessee's coaches put their team in a position to succeed time after time. Wisenhunt was playing chess and Lovie was playing checkers.

Please wait…

• redwolf384

Participant

When I was just a lurker on these boards everyone wanted Schiano fired. He had to be fired anyway all the players hated him. Some of you guys make me laugh.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Absolutely correct.

Prove them wrong. Schiano had this team playing hard most games. We didn't see that today at all.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

What makes me want to puke is that our gameplan on defense clearly needed to be to jump the short routes and force Mariota to hang in the pocket and we failed miserably. It was a complete and utter failure. Our coaches gave our players zero chance to succeed, while Tennessee's coaches put their team in a position to succeed time after time. Wisenhunt was playing chess and Lovie was playing checkers.

This is exactly right.  Our coaching staff failed Jameis more than he did himself.  Evans being out hurts more than it will later in the year.  His yardage and presence would have helped Jameis big time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Absolutely correct.

Prove them wrong. Schiano had this team playing hard most games. We didn't see that today at all.

Allegedly...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano had our defense improved each year and in the final year had a +10 turnover margin, his guy would have started, LD would still be an all-pro and we’d still have Revis instead of Verners garbage playOur personnel and play was also shaping up to be a throwback Jim Johnson D which would have been fun to watch, now were stuck with slot receivers and TE still running down the seams on our DOnly thing I didn't agree with was crashing the victory formation which made the media hate himLovie took a 4-12 team to become a 2-14 team

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano had our defense improved each year and in the final year had a +10 turnover margin, his guy would have started, LD would still be an all-pro and we'd still have Revis instead of Verners garbage playOur personnel and play was also shaping up to be a throwback Jim Johnson D which would have been fun to watch, now were stuck with slot receivers and TE still running down the seams on our DOnly thing I didn't agree with was crashing the victory formation which made the media hate himLovie took a 4-12 team to become a 2-14 team

Schiano's scheme was NOT fundamentally sound. That is ridiculous talk. He almost broke the record for most passing yards allowed in a season WITH Revis. Our pass defense was better with Raheem and Biggers!Get over Schiano. Lovie Smith may not be the answer, but Schiano certainly wasn't the answer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano had our defense improved each year and in the final year had a +10 turnover margin, his guy would have started, LD would still be an all-pro and we'd still have Revis instead of Verners garbage playOur personnel and play was also shaping up to be a throwback Jim Johnson D which would have been fun to watch, now were stuck with slot receivers and TE still running down the seams on our DOnly thing I didn't agree with was crashing the victory formation which made the media hate himLovie took a 4-12 team to become a 2-14 team

Please help me out, where is Schiano currently coaching, Berkeley Prep?

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Point being, he would have us competitive by now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Respectfully disagree...he had no QB.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Respectfully disagree...he had no QB.

I'm a Glennon believer.  Love that we have Jameis but do think Glennon's arm was something to work with. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano's scheme was NOT fundamentally sound. That is ridiculous talk. He almost broke the record for most passing yards allowed in a season WITH Revis. Our pass defense was better with Raheem and Biggers!Get over Schiano. Lovie Smith may not be the answer, but Schiano certainly wasn't the answer.

I said improved, 25th defense to 17th we both very well know Revis was babied because of his kneeBtw are sure about breaking the record for most yards allowed in a season....because i have it we were ranked 17th in passing yards allowed same as our overall ranking.http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2013/opp.htmIt was most likely you heard it during maybe a range of games definitely not at the end of the season, because I remember something similarMedia likes to sway fans, I go with what I see and  form my own opinions what I saw was an improved defense, that manned up and blitzed, and seeing as how the winner of the division was 7-8 I'm positive our attitudes going through that season would have had us optimistic for playoffsSure some of the unfundamentally sound defense was probably Clayborn dropping back in D, that is a personnel issue and I believe if Schiano was around for the draft he would have taken Mack or Barr to be our new 4-3 RE with that #7 overall pick who can also dropback in coverageSchiano was also right when he said he ran stunts because we weren't good enough to rush the qb, seeing as how Lovie's D still gave qb's all day to throw even with his prize free agent JohnsonSome reasons I think was unfundamentally soundI never said Schiano was the answer but seeing clear improvement of the defense and Glennon being able to manage games was enough to believe Schiano would have responded with an 8-8 season

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If THIS is the alternative for not cheating, ..they need to cheat.Just saying.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What makes me want to puke, other than all of it, is the fact that Dirk Koetter was being praised as the best hire in Bucs history as the OC and the offensive play calling yesterday was very questionable. WR’s couldn’t get open (when have we heard that before) and certain play calls in certain situations were terrible.

Please wait…

• AMGIII

Participant

100%.  Schiano would have at least kept us competitive.

Schiano was a buttwipe that the players hated.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great points on Schiano's D.  That was the main idea of your post and I totally agree.  I just think the QB kneel down is a sissy play to begin and admired Schiano for being creative.  If you don't want your QB hurt, be a man and hand the ball off to a RB.  But you're right in that it made the media hate him.  Schiano's got some Belichick in him and really didn't care what they think.  Another reason to like Schiano.Lovie's now "2 and whatever".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What makes me want to puke, other than all of it, is the fact that Dirk Koetter was being praised as the best hire in Bucs history as the OC and the offensive play calling yesterday was very questionable. WR's couldn't get open (when have we heard that before) and certain play calls in certain situations were terrible.

I agree some points his calls could have been better4th and and about a foot where Dougie was stuffed we should have sneaked it with our 6'5 quarterback.Also the 3rd and 2 where Jameis was picked by the DE Koetter tried to get a little too cute with the screen, on a 3rd and 2 ends are more likely gonna stay at home because they have to be honest about the run, which gave the end/Lb that extra split second to hold ground and make the pick, not necessarily a bad call but a 3rd and 5 where the ends are more likely gonna commit to the rush and hit upfield would be more idealFrom what I could tell the Titans showed a lot of 2 high safety man looks and rushed 4 for the most part, thats when we need to start splitting ASJ out and take advantage of a mismatch on a LB or smaller CB. Patriots will do this all the time with Gronk.We saw the result of this on a ASJ catch and run td when it was an all out blitz with man and single high safety. ASJ was split wide, he looked a hella of a lot like gronk catching the post breaking 2 tackles and highstepping to the house

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Gruden would have had us winning 5 SB's by now too. Dungy would have had 10 by now! Bassy haven't you lost enough in the last few years? Why do you even bother? People don't value your opinions on jack here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was never a fan of the Lovie hire, but I'm a Buc fan so I got on board. I badly wanted Mariota, I just felt like I saw true leadership and talent in him. They may both turn out fine, but it's hard to follow.But what really makes me want to puke is all the people who told us how "Pro-ready" Jameis was and how totally inept Mariota was. And anyone who had a differing opinion was openly mocked and harassed. I'm not happily gloating, I wish they were right. I love my Bucs, but this sux.

No one ever said Mariota was inept. That's a ridiculous statement. Many, myself included, bought into what a lot of the "experts" were saying, that Winston was more NFL ready than Mariota because he came from a "Pro System" and Mariota would take some time to adjust to the Pro style offense.Guess what? What Ken Whizenhunt ran out there was straight out of the Oregon offense. So he still hasn't run an NFL offense. But maybe he doesn't have to? Remember when RG3 exploded onto the scene? Its because they were running the Baylor offense. But Mike Shananhan couldn't help himself and tried to turn RG3 into a pocket passer to "protect him".  It's screwed him up so bad that he's now a scout team safety for the Skins.Hopefully Whiz is smart enough to continue to run the offense that makes Mariota successful and not try to force him into what he's not. As for Winston, he may still have the better season. We're one game in, for crying out loud. If everyone went on Week One performances, Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman and many other top QBs in this league would've been tossed in the trash after their first NFL game. Many of those fanbases are overracting the same way many of you are. Jameis is the furthest thing from the problem with this football team. He's a rookie. He's going to have his good moments and his bad moments. But the supposedly ready to be a top ten defense was anything but and I can tell you that Lavonte's admission that the Major Wright penalty took away their physicality is a startling and frightening admission. Someone was talking about how Schiano's defense improved to 17th. Look at the defensive standings today. You'll see your Tampa Bay Buccaneers ranked 12th in total defense. Why? Because it took the Titans just 309 yards to roll up 42 points on those jabronis.That's what makes me want to puke. Jameis will be fine.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think the OP said Winston lost the game for us. He is blaming Lovie for pumping up a qb that was supposed to be soooooo pro ready. Winston came out and was flat, whereas the Whisenhunt gameplanned to Mariota's strengths, and bent Lovie over and didn't give him a reach around. Not to mention Lebeau confused Winston so bad it wasn't even funny.Some of you guys have to realize that not every anti Winston post is about "Winston cost us the game"... Buc Fans know the defense sucks, it sucked last year too. I think this is about 3-4 months of pre draft Winstonites telling everyone who wasn't a Winston slurper (that means Glennonites, Mariota nut huggers, and the rest of us, who are just fed up with shit for qbs for the past 40 years) that we weren't Buc fans because we didn't see the glory of Winston.Guess what. Winston played like shit, he's going to get a lot of criticism, and because there were a few VERY LOUD ass clowns at the beginning that spewed Winston everywhere, a few posters are going to take the "I told you so" route. But not every criticism about Winston is because that person is Anti Buc, it's more likely that they are true Buc fans (like a quote from one of my favorite hockey coaches... the name on the front is a hell of a lot more important then the name on the back), and care so much that they are absolutely livid to see this team come out this flat, and the supposed star looked like a third string qb.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Defensive rankings don’t mean squat week 1, need a larger sample size like our #17 D from 2013 regressed to #25 in the 2014 season...just like were gonna need a larger sample size than a week 1 performance by Jameis or Mariota, the bell curve has not yet been able to form, we most likely have seen the extremes of the performances, Mariota with probably his best performance of the season and Winston with his poorly played game

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Defensive rankings don't mean squat week 1, need a larger sample size like our #17 D from 2013 regressed to #25 in the 2014 season...just like were gonna need a larger sample size than a week 1 performance by Jameis or Mariota, the bell curve has not yet been able to form, we most likely have seen the extremes of the performances, Mariota with probably his best performance of the season and Winston with his poorly played game

marcus mariota is just a mere mortal, whereas jameis is a god!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is exactly right.  Our coaching staff failed Jameis more than he did himself.  Evans being out hurts more than it will later in the year.  His yardage and presence would have helped Jameis big time.

#ProReady Commandment 1: It is never the fault of #ProReady when he fails, someone else must be the cause of his failure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#ProReady Commandment 1: It is never the fault of #ProReady when he fails, someone else must be the cause of his failure.

Blasphemous wretch! How DARE you openly mock #proready!May jameis have mercy on your soul. For you know NOT what you do! I call on all fsu brothers to pray for this man, and have understanding in your hearts, that we are ALL sinners.Jameis is the truth, the franchise, and the buccaneer glory forever and ever!Once you find that "FYIYP" feeling in your heart, as lovie did, you will understand!

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Gruden would have had us winning 5 SB's by now too. Dungy would have had 10 by now! Bassy haven't you lost enough in the last few years? Why do you even bother? People don't value your opinions on jack here.

People don't value your opinions on Jack here?  Not sure I have every given one on Jack Thompson. Your opinion means less to the masses on this board the a school girl quieef.  Haul ass.

Please wait…

Viewing 48 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.