Viewing 33 reply threads

• Author

• nitey

Participant

Summarized in this article: http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/4/3/5578188/nfl-mock-draft-2014-mel-kiper-thinks-buccaneers-pass-on-blake-bortlesAnd I'd be completely happy if they drafted these 3 players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Excellent choices. I think we should stay at #7 and draft Mike Evans. For an example of what our starting QB can do with two tall wide receivers…just see his game tape from last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because Kiper doesn’t see quarterback as a need

Fail

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like all the players, but can’t see not picking a QB if all three of the top guys are available. One of them has to be pretty good and we all know one pretty good young QB would become the best QB in franchise history pretty quickly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

AHHH PICK TEDDY!! HE’S THE ONE!photo-neo.jpg

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

If Teddy is there we gotta grab him. There still will be plenty of good receivers in R2/R3, if the front office believes Teddy/Bortles/JFF is a future franchise QB there should be no reason to pass on them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Teddy is there we gotta grab him. There still will be plenty of good receivers in R2/R3, if the front office believes Teddy/Bortles/JFF is a future franchise QB there should be no reason to pass on them.

Presumably in this scenario, they *don't* believe they're future franchise quarterbacks.  I'm more optimistic, but I'm Some Guy On A Message Board, so what do I know?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Presumably in this scenario, they *don't* believe they're future franchise quarterbacks.  I'm more optimistic, but I'm Some Guy On A Message Board, so what do I know?

Yeah, sometimes a draft class has no franchise QBs, like 2007 and 2010, but you have to think if you have the choice of every single passer in the draft, one of them should end up being good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dumb.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can see the Bucs not wanting to roll the dice with Manziel or Carr.  But passing on Bortles and Bridgewater?That is wrong on so many levels haha.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have really soured on Bortles and Brodgewater as well. If Clowney, Watkins, Mack, Robinson, and Manzeil are all gone I’m looking at Matthews, Evans, and Donald.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because Kiper doesn't see quarterback as a need

Fail

from one opinion to another

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can see the Bucs not wanting to roll the dice with Manziel or Carr.  But passing on Bortles and Bridgewater?That is wrong on so many levels haha.

no, the bucs passing on Evans or Mack for a qb is wrong on so many levels

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

WR’s don’t win games.If Mack isn't starting he isn't winning many games either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

WR's don't win games.If Mack isn't starting he isn't winning many games either.

Who's to say Bortles or Teddy will win us games?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

While it’s certainly difficult to be a draft analyst (given how many picks NFL teams get wrong, by definition even an amazing draft analyst will get TONS wrong) – Kipper (and McShay) are still not very good. Don’t know if its complacency from being at ESPN or they’ve never been good, but I put little stock in his predictions/ideas.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

While it's certainly difficult to be a draft analyst (given how many picks NFL teams get wrong, by definition even an amazing draft analyst will get TONS wrong) - Kipper (and McShay) are still not very good. Don't know if its complacency from being at ESPN or they've never been good, but I put little stock in his predictions/ideas.

tog- his predictions of draft order or player value?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We don’t need any more big body receivers who don’t get great separation. Unless we’re basically just praying and hoping we can recreate last year’s Bears offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

id go with a QB in the 3rd

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We don't need any more big body receivers who don't get great separation. Unless we're basically just praying and hoping we can recreate last year's Bears offense.

disagree, that stuff is trivialif he turns out to be a thousand yard 10 TD receiver as projected it would be a great pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We don't need any more big body receivers who don't get great separation. Unless we're basically just praying and hoping we can recreate last year's Bears offense.

disagree, that stuff is trivialif he turns out to be a thousand yard 10 TD receiver as projected it would be a great pick.

Agreed. Big bodied possession receivers have a better chance to perform long-term, especially one like him that already has a history of high-success. I'd be fine with Evans if Watkins and Teddy are both gone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can't believe that people are sold on these guys being ELITE QBs. All of them....ALL OF THEM....are going to be projects. Their size, decision making, arm strength, etc are areas of concern. Meanwhile, you have guys like Clowney, Robinson, Mack, Watkins, Evans, Matthews, etc are a projected as All-Pro/Pro-bowl caliber players......capable of playing at an elite level...and soon. Coaches and GMs understand this. You don't pass up on elite talent at critical positions for a QB who might be pretty good with some work.I might see one of those four getting picked in the 10 picks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can't believe that people are sold on these guys being ELITE QBs. All of them....ALL OF THEM....are going to be projects. Their size, decision making, arm strength, etc are areas of concern. Meanwhile, you have guys like Clowney, Robinson, Mack, Watkins, Evans, Matthews, etc are a projected as All-Pro/Pro-bowl caliber players......capable of playing at an elite level...and soon. Coaches and GMs understand this. You don't pass up on elite talent at critical positions for a QB who might be pretty good with some work.I might see one of those four getting picked in the 10 picks.

+1You don't pass on a guy you know is going to be good for a QB that might be good in a few years. Carr will be there in the 2nd round if we really want him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But there is a good chance that VJax and Williams are gone next season.I hate the idea of spending a #1 on a WR though because the game is still about the line of scrimmage.  There is a always a gem somewhere in the later rounds. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But there is a good chance that VJax and Williams are gone next season.I hate the idea of spending a #1 on a WR though because the game is still about the line of scrimmage.  There is a always a gem somewhere in the later rounds.

I agree with you, but if Evans is there and he's the best player on the board, you've got to grab him. I'd much rather get a good guard, but they will be available later.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kiper enjoys the thought of the Bucs not getting back into the playoffs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

While it's certainly difficult to be a draft analyst (given how many picks NFL teams get wrong, by definition even an amazing draft analyst will get TONS wrong) - Kipper (and McShay) are still not very good. Don't know if its complacency from being at ESPN or they've never been good, but I put little stock in his predictions/ideas.

Both. Draft order is pure entertainment with no real world corollary - we enjoy reading them right now because there's not much else going on but they're not useful for anything practical. If a draft "guru" totally screws up a mock draft... who cares - so it turns out he wasn't that great at guessing 32 team's intentions...  Plus, a mock draft seeks to guess where a player goes, not his value. What are more interesting our prospect lists, ie. player value. The discussion is more interesting when a draft analyst comes out and says "Manziel is likely a 2nd round prospect, but will get bumped up in this year's weak class" or "I rank Jake Mathews over Robinson because of his technical proficiency" bla bla bla. Someone who's actually been quite good is Charlie Campbell.  If you look back at players like Glennon, Martin, and Carimi - he nailed those scouting reports. Which isn't to say he's perfect (look at Clausen).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Honestly, Id be MORE likely to pass on a QB if all 3 were there than if only 1 was. Would increase the chances that a good one drops to R2. Id love to take Manziel or Carr atthe top of R2.Dont see it happening though. There are concerns with each and every one of them but year in and year out we see teams get smitten with a guy and draft him too high. You can point to one in each draft. Manuel, Ponder, Weeden, etc.A QB desperate team will pick them. Bank on it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s so funny, we are not taking a QB with the 7th pick.  If we did, we would be the dumbest franchise in football.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kiper nailed it this time.WR in Round 1 , Yankey in round 2 ....Perfect.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Both. Draft order is pure entertainment with no real world corollary - we enjoy reading them right now because there's not much else going on but they're not useful for anything practical. If a draft "guru" totally screws up a mock draft... who cares - so it turns out he wasn't that great at guessing 32 team's intentions...  Plus, a mock draft seeks to guess where a player goes, not his value. What are more interesting our prospect lists, ie. player value. The discussion is more interesting when a draft analyst comes out and says "Manziel is likely a 2nd round prospect, but will get bumped up in this year's weak class" or "I rank Jake Mathews over Robinson because of his technical proficiency" bla bla bla. Someone who's actually been quite good is Charlie Campbell.  If you look back at players like Glennon, Martin, and Carimi - he nailed those scouting reports. Which isn't to say he's perfect (look at Clausen).

thanks Tog.  I like CC's work too

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

thanks Tog.  I like CC's work too

Too bad he hates the Bucs eh  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Screen%20Shot%202014-04-03%20at%208.23.12%20PM.pngScreen%20Shot%202014-04-03%20at%208.24.26%20PM.png

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would be estatic with Evans and Yankey but Martin = Kyle Moore. There is zero explosiveness there. Would much rather take Aaron Lynch in the 7th. He is explosive and has a high ceiling but just hasnt been consistent. I would much rather use this strategy than drafting a low ceiling player in the 3rd.

Please wait…

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.