Viewing 30 reply threads

• Author

• TampaBucks05

Participant

The following video was posted on ESPN 20 hours ago. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:13730662Couldn't believe my ears! Even with all the crap going on with the Texans, they are not only predicted win, but boast the the 4th largest point-spread of the week. ESPN is giving the Texans a 76.8% chance of winning on Sunday. I can't believe these people get paid money to come up with this crap. This week just got a whole lot more interesting for me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you really want a good idea, go over to the Texan’s fan forum. None of their fans are buying into the fact that they will absolutely win this game. In fact, if you did a poll, you might find that more expect to lose this game than win it.Too many injuries.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who cares? The whole country thought the Saints were lock of the week last week, just let the games play out for themselves. It’s tough for people who don’t follow the team to have faith in them after a 2-14 season and the bad loss to the Titans is still on a lot of people’s minds. Let’s just see what happens.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Respect is not given freely.  Respect is earned.  We haven’t earned it yet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who cares? The whole country thought the Saints were lock of the week last week, just let the games play out for themselves. It's tough for people who don't follow the team to have faith in them after a 2-14 season and the bad loss to the Titans is still on a lot of people's minds. Let's just see what happens.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Respect is not given freely.  Respect is earned.  We haven't earned it yet.

Beating Houston will boost some confidence in the Oline. Which will be critical. The defense?  Who knows what we will get. Will McCoy and Jac get bullied by nobodies?  Or will they come in with a chip and eat their lunch?!  I think for once, they will get the better of the weaker linemen. They will play hard because they are also "competing" against Clown and Watt. Should be fun trench warfare.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Beating Houston will boost some confidence in the Oline. Which will be critical. The defense?  Who knows what we will get. Will McCoy and Jac get bullied by nobodies?  Or will they come in with a chip and eat their lunch?!  I think for once, they will get the better of the weaker linemen. They will play hard because they are also "competing" against Clown and Watt. Should be fun trench warfare.

Damn, I sure hope you're right Boid.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jameis will get them out there ready to play, if Jameis is who we think he is, he is the juice guy our team needs.One thing that really stood out to me during his press conference was when he kept telling the team it's not over yet and keep playing hard even when we had a 2 score lead.Thats the type of leadership we need that will allow us to stomp out and beat the teams we should beat

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it’s because of the fact that we’re facing a 3-4 defense with some of the premier pass rushers in the league…I hope the coaching staff puts together a good game plan this week or we’re going to have a repeat of week 1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Texans are coming off a 9-7 team and have a dangerous defensive line. Also they feature the best defensive player in the game. Bill O’Brien showed in 2014 that he could still field a competitive team with less than stellar QB play. Analyst, don't know what Bucs team will show up. As fans we don't know either. We hope week 2 was a sign of things to come. To me this game comes down to coaching. Do you think Lovie, who rarely outcoaches anyone will be able to outcoach and scheme Bill O'Brien?If the team wants respect they need to earn it on the field by playing consistently good. They haven't done that, yet...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn, I sure hope you're right Boid.

Just two weeks ago, this line was torn up fairly good by an evil Hawaiian-led team. And, because of the one following game actually looking competent at the nfl level, we are now supposed to believe they can handle watt?Idk man.I think this game rests on koetters shoulders mostly. He HAS to form a gameplan to at least try to avoid/single out watt. And then, make sure the rest of the dl doesnt run amok, in lue of taking watt out. Tough job.I think they could, but its a huge uphill battle, and one that will probably make winston say something like, "i'm not so excited to play that guy anymore." If we're looking for jokes after, that might be it.These guys eat up vets, so I'm not sure how ali and smith are going to fair. Can we actually expect a good game from them? Watt is the creme del al creme, and he will probably be facing smith the majority of the time. Smith is a talented, but still questionable rookie. Watt and co may end up eating him alive, rotisserie "bob" style.I'm looking for a good gameplan from koetter. I believe its the ONLY way this team has a chance on offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Texans are coming off a 9-7 team and have a dangerous defensive line. Also they feature the best defensive player in the game. Bill O'Brien showed in 2014 that he could still field a competitive team with less than stellar QB play. Analyst, don't know what Bucs team will show up. As fans we don't know either. We hope week 2 was a sign of things to come. To me this game comes down to coaching. Do you think Lovie, who rarely outcoaches anyone will be able to outcoach and scheme Bill O'Brien?If the team wants respect they need to earn it on the field by playing consistently good. They haven't done that, yet...

Dude you're a friggin' idiot...QFT

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Texan fans are all mariota fanboys as wellhttp://boards.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=45534they did have this gem thoughjameis1gif.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Texan fans are all mariota fanboys as wellhttp://boards.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=45534

Of course they are when some dummy comes in and trolls their forum with that nonsense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i read somewhere we have no passrush, conte sucks and lovie is our coach.  plus i heard they are starting a backup QB.  so we might as well forfeit and get everyone healthy for week 4.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are notorious for losing big games to backup QBs. Let’s see if we’re taking the next step.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Texans are coming off a 9-7 team and have a dangerous defensive line. Also they feature the best defensive player in the game. Bill O'Brien showed in 2014 that he could still field a competitive team with less than stellar QB play. Analyst, don't know what Bucs team will show up. As fans we don't know either. We hope week 2 was a sign of things to come. To me this game comes down to coaching. Do you think Lovie, who rarely outcoaches anyone will be able to outcoach and scheme Bill O'Brien?If the team wants respect they need to earn it on the field by playing consistently good. They haven't done that, yet...

Not really just not a moronic Lovie Lover like yourself. In Lovie's 3-15 tenure with the Bucs what game did he out coach his counterpart?O'Brien coached a team to a winning record in his first year that was coming off the first overall pick and had a bad QB situation. These are facts loser.Come with something better than insults.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are notorious for losing big games to backup QBs. Let's see if we're taking the next step.

Thats where i stand. I didnt want to wait until the third game of the season to come to some sort of definate conclusion on winston, but with the way everything has shaken out, it's forced me to keep reviewing. Same for the rest of the team.We have one good game, and one bad. For pretty much everyone. Was it that the saints really DO suck? Did mariota just simply beat the bucs because they were unprepared? Why did winston look so bad the first game, and was it just because it was his first game?All this, and more, comes into consideration.Right now, i want to like winston, but im still not sold.IF he can beat this upcoming defense, ill have much more respect for this team. Thats for sure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are notorious for losing big games to backup QBs. Let's see if we're taking the next step.

Thats where i stand. I didnt want to wait until the third game of the season to come to some sort of definate conclusion on winston, but with the way everything has shaken out, it's forced me to keep reviewing. Same for the rest of the team.We have one good game, and one bad. For pretty much everyone. Was it that the saints really DO suck? Did mariota just simply beat the bucs because they were unprepared? Why did winston look so bad the first game, and was it just because it was his first game?All this, and more, comes into consideration.Right now, i want to like winston, but im still not sold.IF he can beat this upcoming defense, ill have much more respect for this team. Thats for sure.

Pretty much where I stand also.Freeman burned me, so forgive me if I need Winston to prove himself a little more.I will say he looked 100x better week 2 than 1, obviously I'd love to see steady improvement each week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freeman burned me, so forgive me if I need Winston to prove himself a little more.

how long does it take for a QB tto prove himself?  3 years?  freeman looked pretty good until halfway through his 3rd year.  you gonna wait 4, 5 years to believe?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freeman burned me, so forgive me if I need Winston to prove himself a little more.

how long does it take for a QB tto prove himself?  3 years?  freeman looked pretty good until halfway through his 3rd year.  you gonna wait 4, 5 years to believe?

It takes more than 2 games, thats for sure. I was all in on freeman being our savior after his rookie season. Lets at least give jameis that before we crown him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freeman self immolated himself with his antics. I feel nothing but bitter towards that fool. He had it all, and kissed it away for whatever he wants to lie about. He did himself in, and didn’t study. He was he anti-Jameis in terms of leadership, study habits, passion for the game, leadership skills…Did Free ever call a defense properly?  Now he may have once in a great while, but Winston will do that more often through manic study, hatred of losing, and love of game. He understands himself. Free never did. He was giddy. I was about the first to say he looked ridiculously anxious during his pressers. His Singletary eyes, the slight stammer in his voice about to crack...sweaty, hands always tapping...and got called out for it. Jameis doesn't have that prob. Never will.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It takes more than 2 games, thats for sure. I was all in on freeman being our savior after his rookie season. Lets at least give jameis that before we crown him.

Not that it's any indication he will not bust but Winston was 10 times the prospect Freeman was. And for what it's worth if Freeman had half the mental makeup Winston does he would be a top ten QB imo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it's because of the fact that we're facing a 3-4 defense with some of the premier pass rushers in the league...I hope the coaching staff puts together a good game plan this week or we're going to have a repeat of week 1.

And who exactly are the primire pass rushers (plural) besides Watt? For all we know Clowney could be the next D.Bowers a super star in college and not so good in the pros.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it's because of the fact that we're facing a 3-4 defense with some of the premier pass rushers in the league...I hope the coaching staff puts together a good game plan this week or we're going to have a repeat of week 1.

And who exactly are the primire pass rushers (plural) besides Watt? For all we know Clowney could be the next D.Bowers a super star in college and not so good in the pros.

this is where i'm leaning.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, you got me there.  I was lumping Clowney in there and Wilfork as the leagues most perennial immovable mass.  Still though, its enough to make us worry after what Cleveland and Tennessee did to us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hate saying I told you so, but Lovie was out coached and outclassed again!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i read somewhere we have no passrush, conte sucks and lovie is our coach.  plus i heard they are starting a backup QB.  so we might as well forfeit and get everyone healthy for week 4.

This might have been a better idea than you originally thought.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This might have been a better idea than you originally thought.

true.  but at least we were competitive.  thats the main thing our fans want, so most should be satisfied with the results.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jameis has Freeman syndrome. Can’t throw a ball.It floats. It doesn't drive. He may be a student, but he is a bette coach than player. Trust me. Jameis is a bust. His slow twitch crap won't cut it at this level. Not in today's game. And the Bucs are slow everywhere. Slow slow slow. Team was built on a foundation of sand and old leaves. Bucs suck. Next year, they will suck again because Lovie will still be coaching a 1 win team. Jameis is a bust. Watch. Calling it now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jameis has Freeman syndrome. Can't throw a ball.It floats. It doesn't drive. He may be a student, but he is a bette coach than player. Trust me. Jameis is a bust. His slow twitch crap won't cut it at this level. Not in today's game. And the Bucs are slow everywhere. Slow slow slow. Team was built on a foundation of sand and old leaves. Bucs suck. Next year, they will suck again because Lovie will still be coaching a 1 win team. Jameis is a bust. Watch. Calling it now.

Not going to buy into the Winston bust. He's a rookie, did you watch Peyton Mannings first year?

Please wait…

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.