Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• nybuccguy

Participant

I think it clearly comes down to 2 games….

The 2003 NFC championship game against the Philidelphia Eagles were we retired Veterans stadium.

Or

The 2021 NFC didvisional game where we ended Drew Brees’s career.

What say you? What was the most satisfying game to end another teams dreams?

• buc_boi

Participant

I was only 14 when we beat the eagles, and the eagles didn’t beat up on us twice a year like the saints.

I appreciate the saints victory more, but I understand the gravity of the eagles win.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Philly…and it’s not even close.

• Greattimes

Participant

The first victory for the Tampa Bay Bucs in 1977 at New Orleans that led to the firing of the Saints HC Hank Stram being fired the following week.

• bucshot420

Participant

For me I think it was the game again San Fran where Sapp and company took out Steve Young, and Jerry Rice for the teams signature win that turned the franchise from laughingstock to contenders. That being said that being said. Closing down the Vet to go to the Super Bowl was a very emotional win, and sending Brees to the retirement home was extremely satisfying as well.

• kenntak

Participant

I have to go with Philly and closing down the vet (see my avatar!).

• Biggs3535

Participant

It’s the Eagles.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

For me I think it was the game again San Fran where Sapp and company took out Steve Young, and Jerry Rice for the teams signature win that turned the franchise from laughingstock to contenders. That being said that being said. Closing down the Vet to go to the Super Bowl was a very emotional win, and sending Brees to the retirement home was extremely satisfying as well.

We may have sent Aaron Rodgers to the retirement home as well. Word is, he is going to retire.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

What’s the greatest loss in Bucs history?

The falcons OT loss to end the 2019 season has to be up there. Led to a 7-9 season instead of 8-8 which made us swing for the fences with Brady

• bucshot420

Participant

Greatest loss has to be the Indy game where Manning lead then from 21 points down and then win it on a “leaping” call. Completely destroyed any confidence the team had in itself after starting the season off hot coming off the Super Bowl win.

• bucshot420

Participant

Buccanoler. I saw that on rotoworld a few days ago that he might hang em up. I personally think he’s still salty over the coaches going for the FG instead of letting him try to retake the lead.

• JC5100

Participant

Greatest loss has to be the Indy game where Manning lead then from 21 points down and then win it on a “leaping” call. Completely destroyed any confidence the team had in itself after starting the season off hot coming off the Super Bowl win.

Yes and no. That was such a yo-yo season. Big wins followed by excruciating losses.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

Buccanoler. I saw that on rotoworld a few days ago that he might hang em up. I personally think he’s still salty over the coaches going for the FG instead of letting him try to retake the lead.

Apparently they’ve patched things up with him and he will play one more year in GB. I’m thinking then he will be a Buc because Brady will hang em up after this year.

• bucshot420

Participant

While I agree Brady may hang em up If he were to win another Super Bowl, I’m not sure Rodgers would come here. I know his blame should be with Gruden telling him if he was there Tampa was taking him the year we drafted Caddy, but it always seemed like he held a grudge with the franchise more than he did Gruden. I could be wrong on that, but I see him more going the route of Favre and signing with an NFC north team so he can stick it to the pack twice a year. Plus I don’t see him giving Tampa a discount to win another super bowl and keep the band together the way Brady is.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by bucshot420.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

If Bucs win this year, no doubt Brady is coming back for a 3 peat to be first qb to do so

• seekpar

Participant

The Packers couldn’t retake the lead…TD and 2 pt conversion would have tied the game at 31.

Philly for me. Shut down the Vet. Knocked out the team that had knocked the Bucs out in previous seasons. Won a cold weather game when the Bucs couldn’t win one. And of course went on to win their first Lombardi.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.