Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• Roy

Participant

It just seems like this was a game of big, impact plays. Every time the Bucs needed a shot in the arm somebody was there to make the play.

The Scottie Miller TD catch was probably the biggest, but there were several others. What are some of those big plays?

Tyler Johnsons 1st down catch.
      Whitehead forcing the fumble recovered by White.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

Whiteheads play to start the 2nd half was biggest play of the game

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Yup, last 2 games the biggest plays came from our safeties. Love to see it!

• BucBalla85

Participant

I think the plays before and right after the half killed the packers and their shot at coming back. Even though there was still a lot of time to go and we were only up 11 was enough to keep Rodgers chasing and the D was playing well enough to have that kind of lead. We are going to need similar big plays and will need I think an even better game defensively to beat the chiefs. Having their best olinemen out will be huge for our d line. If they can get after Mahomes enough to make a couple of big mistakes we might be able to win.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Fournette td run? Did more on that than play by a mile compared to everybody else, should have been tackled like multiple times before making that score.

• Roy

Participant

The Fournette run was a great run no doubt, but the Godwin catch was the big play of that drive. The Packers had just hit on a big play of their own, the 50 yard TD to Valdes-Scantling, and the Bucs appeared to be stalling out at 3rd and 9. Brady threw it up for grabs, and of course Godwin made the play. Fournette’s run while it was huge, it was not the momentum changer. Godwins catch can certainly be in the argument for the biggest play of the game.

• SeaPA

Participant

The three third & long conversions on the opening drive were also big

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Godwin’s catch was the best in the game for receptions, had to work for it and was clutch. I feel like miller’s is getting a little over hyped because it was a great pass and he was wide open, that was more about the play call in that situation rather than the actual play if we’re being honest.

• spartan

Participant

There were a number of great plays by the Bucs, the Miller TD stands out hands down because of timing and it epitomizes the biscuit philosophy.

However, THE BIGGEST PLAY of the game was GB kicking the field goal. There is no logical reason why they called that. They have Aaron Rogers who has a laser for an arm, if they fail they have the Bucs on the 10 yd line after 3 INTs, and even after the kick they still needed a TD to win. IMO that was the worst call in living memory, they gained nothing and as history shows, they lost everything.

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Opening drive 3rd down conversion with a big pass to Evans really set the tone and put the Packers on their heels for the rest of the half. I think Bucs were 6 of 7 converting on 3rd down in the first half? That’s really getting it done and led to the big lead.

• Roy

Participant

The Packers final field goal was certainly the biggest decision. What doesn’t make sense is the idea that Rodgers didn’t run because he thought he had a 4th down play.

The reason you run is to get some of the yards to go for it on 4th if you can’t make it to the end zone. If you think you will kick the FG on 4th and its your last shot that’s when you try to throw a pass into traffic.

So it seems to me that Rodgers made the decision that corresponded to the idea that they would kick the field goal.

• seekpar

Participant

Scooter’s TD just before halftime, and Whitehead’s forced fumble right after the half. Game-changing plays. If the first doesn’t happen, it’s only 14-10 at the half and the Packers don’t have the “gave up the big play” hangover. Then if the second doesn’t happen, the Packers potentially could have taken the lead with the opening drive of the second half. 28-10 early in the third sure felt good, albeit for just a little while.

• m_j

Participant

us stopping then in the red zone and them kicking that FG (for whatever reason they did that). for me thats rondes INT 2.0

• Madman

Participant

Shaq and JPP’s sacks! Every one.

• Kermit56

Participant

The last 2 plays of the 1st half and the forced fumble on Packer’s first possession of the 2nd half. Without the 4th down pass completion to Fournette, Scotty doesn’t get a chance for the TD. Those 3 plays gave us the win.

• BChaves8

Participant

There were so many HUGE plays in this game, but I really loved the playcall to ice the game with the Godwin sweep. Defense 100% expected a dive play up the middle and were caught completely off guard. Hats off to Lefty for that one.

• Biggs3535

Participant

There were so many HUGE plays in this game, but I really loved the playcall to ice the game with the Godwin sweep. Defense 100% expected a dive play up the middle and were caught completely off guard.Hats off to Lefty for that one.

Agreed. Leftwich had some nice wrinkles in the gameplan. It’s one we’ve seen before this season, but that little play where Godwin is in motion on run-down, but he fakes the block and squeaks out of the line wide open. That is really tough to defend.

My only complaint with Leftwich last game was all of the runs of first down. That’s not going to cut-it against KC. We will need to score 40 points. That needs to be the mindset, anyway.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.