Viewing 28 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Plan B for the Buccaneers? April, 30, 2014 By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com planb_zps5d83c54c.jpgplanbb_zps1a9fbeff.jpg Lewan                                                                                              Matthews    Virtually every mock draft I’ve seen recently has the Tampa Bay Buccaneers taking either a wide receiver or a quarterback. Texas A&M’s Mike Evans is the popular pick among receivers, and his college teammate, quarterback Johnny Manziel, has been frequently tied to the Bucs.                                                                                                                              But let’s turn hypothetical here. Let’s say that Evans and Manziel are drafted before Tampa Bay picks at No. 7. Or let’s say the hidden reality is that the Bucs don’t like Evans or Manziel as much as everyone seems to think. Is there a Plan B in place? Coach Lovie Smith and general manager Jason Licht are bright guys, and you can bet they have contingency plans ready. Licht has made it abundantly clear that the Bucs would be willing to trade down, which I think is a real possibility. But let’s stick with our hypothetical here and say the Bucs stay at No. 7 and either can’t or don’t want to draft Manziel or Evans. What direction does Tampa Bay go in that scenario? This is just a hunch, but I wouldn’t rule out the offensive line. Yeah, the Bucs spent good money to get left tackle Anthony Collins and center Evan Dietrich-Smith. But there still is uncertainty on the offensive line. The job at right guard is wide open, and it's unclear if guard Carl Nicks can fully recover from a toe injury. Nicks has said there is nerve damage and he might have to play in pain for the rest of his career. That is why I’m thinking there is a real chance the Bucs select an offensive lineman at No. 7. There aren’t any true guards worthy of that pick. But there are three tackles that could be available, and none of them would be a bad choice. Greg Robinson, Jake Matthews and Taylor Lewan all could be available when Tampa Bay picks. The consensus is that Robinson is slightly ahead of Matthews and Lewan, but some mocks have all three going in the top 10 picks. I can see the Bucs taking any one of the three. They could plug that player in at guard for the short term and eventually move him to tackle. That would give Tampa Bay’s offensive line a big boost and firm up one of the few glaring weaknesses. It’s just a thought, but going with an offensive lineman might not be a bad option for the Bucs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My plan B would be Aaron Donald. I’m sure that He has caught Lovie’s eye. Robinson or Mathews could work I suppose.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually my Plan A is drafting Aaron Donald.  Plan B is trade down and take Zach Martin to plan on the OLine.  The A&M player in my plans would be Matthews.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are few mocks that have the Bucs taking a QB.  Vegas thinks we go WR or OL but has very strong odds against us taking a QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dont think they brought in a LT so that they could also draft one at no.7. QB is much more likely now than it was a month ago with JFF and Bridge seemingly dropping.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade down,  unless we like a QB I don’t much like where we are in the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am thinking the pick will be OL…build the team from the front to the back has been said many times.  They can’t be thrilled with either line right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Plan A –  Evans Plan B - bridgewaterPlan C - beckham

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Plan B… Aaron Donald

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we go OT, you can’t go wrong with Matthews and his bloodlines. That family is loaded.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade down to the 20’s some where and pick Guard Xavier Su’a filoUse our 39th for  TE Austin Seferian-JenkinsUse the aquired mid second rounder for WR Brandin Cooks.Go home, kiss the wife and go to bed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we go OT, you can't go wrong with Matthews and his bloodlines. That family is loaded.

I love Matthews. I still have him rated waaaaay higher than Robinson. The problem is that we really need guards which you dont need to use that early pick on. Love Matthews. He will be the best OT out of this draft. Bank on it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade down to the 20's some where and pick Guard Xavier Su'a filoUse our 39th for  TE Austin Seferian-JenkinsUse the aquired mid second rounder for WR Brandin Cooks.Go home, kiss the wife and go to bed.

ASJ = Bust.Bank on it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Plan B... Aaron Donald

yup.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we go OT, you can't go wrong with Matthews and his bloodlines. That family is loaded.

I love Matthews. I still have him rated waaaaay higher than Robinson. The problem is that we really need guards which you dont need to use that early pick on. Love Matthews. He will be the best OT out of this draft. Bank on it.

I wouldn't understand the pick of an OT in the first. We just signed our LT to a multi year contract and we had better re-sign Dotson when he's up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Donald a lot, but if theyre going to draft a position on the line that we already have filled, than I just dont see how it would be DT and not an offensive tackle. Oline could use more help than Dline at this point in time

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m sure they have each player ranked and graded. The highest ranked player available when it’s their turn to pick will be their choice.     LOL; these guys aren't the dreamers and wishers we fans are...  ;D

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Plan A: If Clowney/Mack/Watkins are magically there take themPlan B: Select a QB we believe will be a true franchise QB.Plan C: BPA which will probably include (Donald, Evans, Matthews, Gilbert, Ebron)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Plan B would be Mosley or Donald

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Plan A is Donald.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully Mosley is Plan W.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully Mosley is Plan W.

I am with you on that. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Package glen non and a 2nd to get back into hype back half of the first

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are few mocks that have the Bucs taking a QB.  Vegas thinks we go WR or OL but has very strong odds against us taking a QB.

You should wager on a QB at 7 if that's the case...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You can never go wrong building the lines.  Any of Matthews, Robinson, or Donald would make me happy- in that order.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Plan A : WatkinsPlan B : EvansPlan C:  OBJ

Please wait…

• bnjsnow

Participant

Aaron Donald…although I just watched a lot of video of him…he hits gaps, but he really does not get off blocks very well at all

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade down and select ODB and then Carr in the 2nd.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You can never go wrong building the lines.  Any of Matthews, Robinson, or Donald would make me happy- in that order.

Agree.

Please wait…

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.