Viewing 20 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Can the 49er's help the Bucs? Apr 9 2014, 3:52pmniners_zpsa6f3961f.jpgIts been a busy free agency for the Tampa Bay Bucs, acquiring roughly 20 players these past couple months. One thing mentioned from Lovie and Licht that this will be a new team, once they hit the field in 2014. Another phrase that we hear repeatedly is how the Bucs only have 5 draft picks this year. Licht and Lovie are looking for good fits, not necessarily the best player. I personally believe that the Bucs (Licht) want more draft picks and that its a necessity for him to trade down in this years draft. So I have been trying to think of the best team for them to trade with and I personally believe its the San Francisco 49er's (#30 pick). Now lets be realistic, the value with that #30 pick compared too the #7 is night and day but lets look how much ammunition the 49er's have down below. 1. First round – No. 30 overall2. Second round – No. 56 overall (from the Kansas City Chiefs)3. Second round – No. 61 overall4. Third round – No. 77 overall (from the Tennessee Titans)5. Third round – No. 94 overall6. Third round – No. 100 overall (compensatory) 7. Fourth round – No. 129 overall 8. Fifth round - No. 170 overall9. Seventh round – No. 242 overall (from the New Orleans Saints)10. Seventh round – No. 243 overall (from the Carolina Panthers)11. Seventh round – No. 245 overall Now as we all know the 49er's are one of the team's that has a lot of depth and has been constantly close of getting to the Superbowl for the past 3 years. This year there biggest need is WR and being in a division that has lock down corners they need a dominate wide receivers such as Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans. I can possibly see them loading a bunch of there picks such as swapping #1, acquire both #2, and a #4. This would allow Tampa to still acquire the guard position, WR, LB, TE, or whatever they feel is needed. We won't get the best players but good fits for our system that we can start right away or provide depth. Yes there will be other trade down offers as well but I feel like 49er's are a team that may want to get a dynamic offensive player to compete in this years Superbowl.poll_zps659b2d80.gifhttp://www.bucsnation.com/2014/4/9/5598438/can-the-49ers-help-the-bucs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we got their first, one of their seconds, and a third I would make the trade.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No way to that trade.Next years 1st this years 1st and early 2nd and early 3rd. Not a lot of leeway there either. TWe would be trading back to almost the 2nd round from no.7. And their 1st next year will be no.30 or so again. If Mike Evans is there I could see them wanting to trade up but they need to pay up. They can build a dynasty again but it is going to cost them. And I dont see them doing this deal for any other player. Evans and Kap would be completely unstoppable. Meanwhile, Sammy would not be able to get off the LOS vs. Seattle lol.I have no idea how anyone with eyeballs could pick Watkins over Evans ... it will forever be a mystery ... right up there with the schmucks who thought Suh was going to be a better 3 technique than McCoy. Sheeeeeeeeiiiiiiii!!! ????

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Their first and both their 2nds would be the minimum.  5 picks from the late first to the early 3rd in this draft class could mean 5 starters.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1 first, 2 seconds, 1 third and next years first, then we are talking.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1 first, 2 seconds, 1 third and next years first, then we are talking.

Agreed. It would have to be borderline rape for me to agree to trade back that far. If Mike Evans is there you have to take him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1st,2nd, 3rd and next year first to do it. Basically need what Cleveland got from the Falcons plus some

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It will take five picks.  This years 1st and 2nd.  and a 4th and 5thNext years 1st.

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

am I missing something here?  San Fran has anquan boldin and michael crabtree.  Are they no longer there or something?  WR is not their biggest need.  As far as trading with them, no way!  The head scratcher is why would they trade up that high for something that they don’t need.  Just my thoughts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

am I missing something here?  San Fran has anquan boldin and michael crabtree.  Are they no longer there or something?  WR is not their biggest need.  As far as trading with them, no way!  The head scratcher is why would they trade up that high for something that they don't need.  Just my thoughts.

Boldin is def on the back side of his career.  The thing you are probably missing is that SF is already a really deep and talented team.  They have more draft picks than they have realistic roster spots up for grabs.  They have the luxury of being able to move up to get someone they covet...thats where the speculation is coming from.  Not that they WILL, but that they COULD with their situation.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We needed a 7th thread on this exact scenario. Thanks michaelbot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually, this is unimaginative article writing 101 (takes ideas from this board and puts on Bucnation.)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Vernon Davis and you got yourselves a deal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Either Kap, Patrick Willis, Bowman or Aldon Smith.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The 49ers almost surely will be trading up. It might as well be with us…  ;D    Looking at the ol' chart, their 1st, both 2nds, first 3rd, and their 4th would work.    That would also give us plenty of ammo to move back up if we chose to...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Either Kap, Patrick Willis, Bowman or Aldon Smith.

Nevermind on Kap.. He might have just got himself in to some trouble.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With the rape allegations against Kaepernick….maybe they just keep their picks and take a QB early.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They’ve been looking at all the QB’s right?Maybe the 49'ers know more than they let on?  May also be the cause of the rumors about Harbaugh?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or they can just sign……Josh Freeman *JC evil laugh*

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Doesn’t appear to be anything too bad on Kap. Smoked weed. That’s about it. [img width=533 height=400]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bk4KnscCEAACkcU.jpg:large[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Throw the book at him judge!!!!!Just so I can see that great team play with Blaine Gabbert.

Please wait…

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.