Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 55 reply threads

• Author

• SappAttack

Participant

With FA and the Draft in the books, what is our current biggest position of need?I'm calling it RT. I don't trust Dotson's knees. When he goes down (not if) we are doomed.I personally would have taken Tunsil at 9 (or 11) and then kicked D Smith to RT. Just my opinion, I like our draft - and Tunsil could smoke himself out of the league so who knows. Anyway, what's your perceived biggest hole in the roster?

• Anonymous

Inactive

FA is not exactly in the books. The first wave is, but plenty more opportunities to come. Camp cuts and all that.

• JonMott

Participant

SS,C,SLB

• Anonymous

Inactive

FA is not exactly in the books. The first wave is, but plenty more opportunities to come. Camp cuts and all that.

agreed, just meant first wave. what do you perceive to be the biggest hole?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Probably Alldaway.  Oh wait, I thought that said a-hole.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Areas where we’re weakest: S, WR, OT, DE (I hope to be proven wrong), TE, C.We lack depth and need to improve in return game.

• dalaca

Participant

I’m thinking we are still not very deep on either the O-Line or D-Line. There are still gaps that could have better players filling them.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Since kickoffs are the most important thing these days I would say we need to address our KR and gunner positions asap

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nominated for post of the week.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Defensive end. Ayers is aging and had one good season. Spence is an enigma. The rest are the definition of backups. Should have drafted another DE in round 2...damn damn damn James...

• CapnFear

Participant

Our weakest position is kicker (Just kidding). Couldn’t help with all the trolling that is going on about our 2nd round pick.Would probably say lack of depth along both lines and SS.  I know that we picked up some D-Linemen as UDFAs and they will make good camp bodies, but we need some depth.

• Anonymous

Inactive

SS, DT and possibly OLB (Depth)

• Anonymous

Inactive

It has to be safety.  I was so excited when we traded up, I was certain is was for Bell. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Defensive end. Ayers is aging and had one good season. Spence is an enigma. The rest are the definition of backups. Should have drafted another DE in round 2...damn damn damn James...

Will Gholston played really good last year IMO and I would like to see him start this year. Spence is extremely talented and seems to be clean and have a good support system around him. I like Jac Smith and Ayers to fill out the group. I love having Dotson healthy to start and Gosder as a backup. Dotson is a very good, athletic RT.IMO Safety, Linebacker, and maybe KR/PR are our biggest question marksIt would be nice for the Bucs to sign Danny Lansanah, who is still out there, to help with our linebacker depth. He was always a solid backer in run support.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pretty much agree here except I’d say all linebacking depth.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pretty much agree here except I'd say all linebacking depth.

Safety in general is pretty thin, as is DT, LB, and RB. If we lose one of our key guys at any of those positions, we could be in trouble.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nominated for post of the week.

Of the year! Rack this one!

• dafif

Participant

WIDE RECEIVER and maybe Safety and RT.  Last year we had Evans go down for a minute, VJax go down for a minute, Murphy go down for a minute, ASJ go down for like ever, Afro Thunder go down before he could even get over the jitters.Winston needs targets and nothing against guys like Dye, Humphries, and Shepard but they are not solid #1 or #2 receivers.  If Koetter wants to keep an explosive offense we have to have the deep ball threat still down when Evans tweaks a hammy so defenses don't stack the box on Martin.Our Safety situation is in need of a system that works for them.  They need help and support from LBs or CBs.  AND a DL that can get to the opposing QB in less than 10 seconds.  Lovie didn't seem to understand that concept and was SUPER predictable allowing opposing offenses to work around his system.  I for one am glad to see the outdated Tampa 2 out of Tampa.  It was good while it lasted.  I think Smith will be just fine at LT.  That being said Dotson will get injured at some point and Cherilus is not a very good Tackle anymore.  I had really hoped we had gotten Conklin and feel he might have been the pick if Tennessee hadn't grabbed him.  I don't know much about Benenoch but he fits the profile and he seems to be a valuable swing player like Pamphile so maybe that will open up the door for Pamphile to take the RT job and us still have a swing guy for depth until Benenoch gets a couple years under his belt.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Safety and Center are still the weakest positions on the team.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Center?  interesting – how so?

• JonMott

Participant

Will Gholston was a top 20 DE last year. Definition of a backup?

• Anonymous

Inactive

our offensive line was solid last season – we’ve lost nobody from it, Dotson is fully healthy and we add a draft pick. Plus another year for the youngsters and overall unit to gel. I don’t understand how that is a biggest hole nominee.to me, it's WR. We are counting on older guys coming off injuries to be major contributors again. What happens if Evans or Jackson go down with injury? It's not that unlikely.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I lol'd......a lot!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s 100% safety. Both our starting safeties would be lucky to be back ups on other teams.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nose Tackle, both safeties, and OG..

• jeebz116

Participant

Nose Tackle, both safeties, and OG..

At Guard, we have Marpet, Sweezy, Pamphile, EDS, and Benonoc all competing. I feel that's gonna be a strength for us.At Safety, I'm actually not too worried because I think most of our defensive struggles in the secondary last year came from the scheme / coaching. It's my understanding that there were quite a few teams this off season interested in Conte and McDougald has shown us some flashes that he can be a legit play maker in this league. I like what Tandy has shown at times and think he provides solid depth. I put Wright in the same category as Tandy. Add in the rookie Smith and a new scheme and highly regarded secondary coaches, I think this unit performs markedly better than last year. Is the position upgradeable? Heck yeah, but right now, I think we'll at least be ok to good there for this year.Totally agree about DT, we at least need to add some depth there before the season starts.I think WR is our biggest need right now heading into the season.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Center?  interesting - how so?

I thinks it's the weakest position on the offense.  The team needs an upgrade there, with the current options being below average.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can see that…I think Hawley is good, EDS is not so...

• Anonymous

Inactive

With FA and the Draft in the books, what is our current biggest position of need?I'm calling it RT. I don't trust Dotson's knees. When he goes down (not if) we are doomed.I personally would have taken Tunsil at 9 (or 11) and then kicked D Smith to RT. Just my opinion, I like our draft - and Tunsil could smoke himself out of the league so who knows. Anyway, what's your perceived biggest hole in the roster?

agree but how about a great PR/KR?

• billym

Participant

Head Coach.

• Anonymous

Inactive

All true boid.But we do have jsmith, and in small doses, he aint bad.It isnt as great as it couldve been, but it IS better than it was.

• bucsnbr1

Participant

Good question. I went back and forth reading the answers. I will have to say safety. Even though I think our current roster will see most of the snaps at both positions. Maybe somebody unexpected.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This ^^^I just wouldn't have put all of my eggs in one player... I hate to say it but what if he (Spence) were to go down like Fowler last year? We would be back to scanning the WW, FA's, Roster Cuts and plenty of Duct Tape!

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am fine with DE. Gholston, Smith, Ayers, Spence, and Jones is pretty good depth. It could be better but that is by far our biggest hole IMO. I think linebacker and safety are a little worse off.Bring Danny Lansanah back to provide some depth to the linebackers.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Safeties.We're putting our faith back in Chris Conte, Bradley McDouglad, and a 4th round rookie to be the next Tanard Jackson.

• billym

Participant

Safeties.We're putting our faith back in Chris Conte, Bradley McDouglad, and a 4th round rookie to be the next Tanard Jackson.

He is into the hooch?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Safety and LB depth IMO.I'll add dynamic Speed on offense as well.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree. Afro Thunder could help with the speed part, but he needs to make the team first.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree. Afro Thunder could help with the speed part, but he needs to make the team first.

I hope so. Chuck Sims can't be the only homerun threat we have... Right Hate?

• Anonymous

Inactive

lolHe is too preoccupied rooting for ASJ.

• Anonymous

Inactive

our offensive line was solid last season - we've lost nobody from it

Im almost 100% sure we lost a guard by the name of Logan Mankins ;-)

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is he standing on a football doing the capt pose?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is he standing on a football doing the capt pose?

Everybody has a lil captain in em.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed.  We have no one with breakaway speed.

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-graphics/Buccaneers-53-Man-Roster-Breakdown/5e98c5d2-a215-44a8-a7ef-278b9daaa245Interactive Roster...  they really are getting into the stats thing...  kinda cool.

• Anonymous

Inactive

My mistake, I totally forgot about that.

• bucsnbr1

Participant

Our Defensive Ends were awful last year. It’s easily our biggest hole. Spence and Ayers have never done anything in Tampa so they need to proove it til the hole is truely filled.

• vlagatta

still want to know how the OP …”AguayoFor3″… has over 600 posts so quickly.also....are you related to "PittmanFor2" ?

• Anonymous

Inactive

still want to know how the OP ..."AguayoFor3"... has over 600 posts so quickly.

The answer to that is obvious, no?

• Anonymous

Inactive

My mistake, I totally forgot about that.

Happens to the best of us. Just thought Id point it out that our oline has in fact changed. To be honest, living up here in Canadian Hawk territory and seeing a good chunk of their games, I feel like Sweezy will be an upgrade on the field over the Mankins that we got. Not sure how he is in the locker room (lets face it, LM showed our young guys how to be real pros), but on the field we should be better at that position this year. Love the nastiness that he brings.

• Anonymous

Inactive

WR has to be the position with the least amount of depth. The problem is that if either Evans, or VJax goes down our passing offense can’t function. Even with a healthy Murphy we have no legit No. 2 WR.

• Anonymous

Inactive

WR has to be the position with the least amount of depth. The problem is that if either Evans, or VJax goes down our passing offense can't function. Even with a healthy Murphy we have no legit No. 2 WR.

Which NFL team's WR corps is deep enough to handle their top two WR's going down to injury?  This list will be very, very short.

• Anonymous

Inactive

WR has to be the position with the least amount of depth. The problem is that if either Evans, or VJax goes down our passing offense can't function. Even with a healthy Murphy we have no legit No. 2 WR.

Which NFL team's WR corps is deep enough to handle their top two WR's going down to injury?  This list will be very, very short.

(missed a word?)That's what it looked like last year, at times.

• Anonymous

Inactive

DBs are still brutal and will cost team

• williebrowntown

That’s kind of a double sided question. If you're looking at currently, what the biggest hole is I'd say Saftey as other have mentioned. I like the Ryan Smith pick alot and I think he will be the starter pretty much day 1 of the regular season at SS and I think (kinda hoping as well) that Tandy takes the starting job from McDougal. Tandy is really solid at setting the edge when in run support and a pretty good tackler. He's always looked good when he gets a limited shot. The CB position I feel is looking really good with VH3, Banks, Grimes, Verner. LB is probably 1 of our stronger positions on the team with David and Kwon being your every down backers and D. Smith being the SAM. We could use some depth there, but you always need better depth at every position on the field. DL is vastly improved from last year with Spence and Ayers. Also, when you make guys like Jacq Smith and Gholston role players, they'll be much more effective since they'll be fresh when subbing into the game. Looking towards NEXT offseason I think the biggest need becomes WR. We need to find a true #2 guy other than the aging VJ and geld keep the pressure off Evans. Well also need to find a true 1 tech DT (Akeem Spence could surprise us this year in the role and make this a lesser need). And add another DE as Ayers is not the long term answer. We will also be looking for the future RT unless Benenoch makes asternomical improvement and takes the job. I see him as more of a swing tackle/guard and development project. Then a replace the for the SAM role as well but it's not a very high priority. So for the here and now... saftey Looking towards next offseason/ draft... WR, DT, DE, RT, OLB

• Anonymous

Inactive

so who is the weakest link at a starting position, I guess I should say. current roster for upcoming season.I'm going with Dotson, which is why I would have drafted Tunsil and kicked D. Smith over to the right.

Viewing 55 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.