What would you take for Glennon in a trade?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    FLBoy84
    Participant

It’s probably a far-fetched idea, but what if the team signed a FA starter like McCown and decided to trade Glennon? If the Bucs decide he’s not a fit for Tedford’s system, maybe there’s a team out there that liked him coming out last year and thinks they can develop him. That would allow Tedford to pick his QB in the draft to develop and compete going forward. If a team offered say a 5th rnd pick, do you take it? If not, what would it take?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous
    Inactive

How long will Tedford be here?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

A 5th round pick? The guy was a 3rd last year and outplayed the 3rd expectations. A 5th?!?!? I wouldn’t trade Keith Tandy for a 5th. Glennon has potential, not value so you don’t trade him because you’ll never get a pick today equal with what he would be worth in two years, potentially.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

A 5th round pick? The guy was a 3rd last year and outplayed the 3rd expectations. A 5th?!?!? I wouldn't trade Keith Tandy for a 5th. Glennon has potential, not value so you don't trade him because you'll never get a pick today equal with what he would be worth in two years, potentially.

Agree a 5th is too low BucNY, that's why I used it. Lot's of players have potential (Carr, Bridgewater, Murray, etc.). So you're saying you would only take a #1 or #2?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

A 2nd rounder at the minimumwhy devalue a player on this team. if you gave him up for a 5th you are now left with nobody on the roster at QB. you arent guaranteed to find a starter in the draft

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

A 5th round pick? The guy was a 3rd last year and outplayed the 3rd expectations. A 5th?!?!? I wouldn't trade Keith Tandy for a 5th. Glennon has potential, not value so you don't trade him because you'll never get a pick today equal with what he would be worth in two years, potentially.

Agree a 5th is too low BucNY, that's why I used it. Lot's of players have potential (Carr, Bridgewater, Murray, etc.). So you're saying you would only take a #1 or #2?

I wouldn't trade him for less than a 1st, but I believe in the kid. I'm sure others would faint at the idea of recouping the 3rd we "wasted" on him last year. Yes I would take Teddy Bridgewater over Glennon.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Lol no one would give a first at this point. I’d be happy with a second though.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

A 2nd Round pick would be reasonable, although you only pull the trigger if you sign a decent veteran QB prior to the draft, or you make a draft day trade after we select a QB (or we use Glennon to move up).

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You’d be lucky to get a 3rd and a 6th for him. Most likely you’d just break even with a 3rd. I can’t see anyone paying a 2nd or 1st for him.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

No one will trade for him just to be a back-up, so they are counting/hoping on making him the starter.  If a trade were to go down, it would most likely be a 3rd or 4th with a wide ranging conditional the following year. 

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d take a second for him.  No less.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Start with a 2,  settle for a three and a conditional.Only if the replacement is on roster.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Would like: 2ndWould accept: 3rd and 4th

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

A first or second. Would have to draft Teddy, Johnny, AJ, or Murray for me to be okay with it.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

There isn’t a veteran available that would make me want to get rid of Glennon.  He is young, cheap, and action packed with potential.  A team would really have to offer a lot for me to part with him.  A part of that offer would have to include us getting Bridgewater- a PART of that offer.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.