What would you take for Glennon in a trade?

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If you think another QB is going to lead you to the promised land, there's no reason to hold onto Glennon. Take whatever you can get. It doesn't matter what you spent on him. It's a sunk cost. The past is the past.

For a sunk cost of a 3rd round pick, he can still be a back up.  Not holding onto him simply b/c he wont be the guy to take us there is short sighted.

You can sign someone like Kyle Orton for that. Doesn't cost a draft pick.

Id take backup $300k Glennon over $4M Orton any day of the week.  Like you said already, its in the past and a sunk cost.  If your answer is to cut Glennon and sign a backup for 10x more money, then I would ask you to step away from the pipe.

But with a future 3rd or 4th round pick, you have the chance to draft the next Charles Johnson or Kam Chancellor, who you would never get to buy in free agnecy.

But what does a future 3rd/4th have to do with a sunk cost 3rd of Glennon?

Can't use the pick used for Glennon to draft the next Charles Johnson or Kam Chancellor. You can use the future pick from trading Glennon.

If we can get more than we spent on him, then pull the trigger (if you think he isnt the guy).  "Taking whatever we can get" could lead to a 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th...and for that I would rather have Glennon as a backup.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous
    Inactive

It's probably a far-fetched idea, but what if the team signed a FA starter like McCown and decided to trade Glennon? If the Bucs decide he's not a fit for Tedford's system, maybe there's a team out there that liked him coming out last year and thinks they can develop him. That would allow Tedford to pick his QB in the draft to develop and compete going forward. If a team offered say a 5th rnd pick, do you take it? If not, what would it take?

Do you really think we can get a guy like Glennon in the 5th round of this years draft? Even compared to the top5 QB, Glennon already has shown to be capable of a solid rookie season....while in reality this years draft probably might just have one maybe two guys really outplaying him.Without Glennon we have NO QB, and sitting at #7 we arent even guaranteed to get a solid clip board holder.Glennon values a top10 pick in my mind, but to put this in perspective, even if we draft a QB at #7 i would not be sold on him to such degree that it would make me pass on a 2nd option at QB(at worst Glennon is our backup plan to our rookie busting) Im not willing to pass on a backup plan at QB (the most important position in football) for something like a 5th round pick.But guys were celebrating when we literally traded for a paying $10M to a QB called Freeman...awesome value.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

A 6th and a 7th would do.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If he was taken off the Bucs roster and placed in the draft class he would go in the 1st round. But nobody will give up a 1st rounder for him, so you keep him at great salary cap value the next 3 years.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It's probably a far-fetched idea, but what if the team signed a FA starter like McCown and decided to trade Glennon? If the Bucs decide he's not a fit for Tedford's system, maybe there's a team out there that liked him coming out last year and thinks they can develop him. That would allow Tedford to pick his QB in the draft to develop and compete going forward. If a team offered say a 5th rnd pick, do you take it? If not, what would it take?

Do you really think we can get a guy like Glennon in the 5th round of this years draft? Even compared to the top5 QB, Glennon already has shown to be capable of a solid rookie season....while in reality this years draft probably might just have one maybe two guys really outplaying him.Without Glennon we have NO QB, and sitting at #7 we arent even guaranteed to get a solid clip board holder.Glennon values a top10 pick in my mind, but to put this in perspective, even if we draft a QB at #7 i would not be sold on him to such degree that it would make me pass on a 2nd option at QB(at worst Glennon is our backup plan to our rookie busting) Im not willing to pass on a backup plan at QB (the most important position in football) for something like a 5th round pick.But guys were celebrating when we literally traded for a paying $10M to a QB called Freeman...awesome value.

I actually like Glennon as well, the idea behind this was trying to gauge how the Bucs value him from a fan perspective. Fan opinion is across the board from a 1st to a 6th & a 7th. Don't believe he gets moved, but anything is possible.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What would you take for Glennon in a trade?some Doritos(any size bag)

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If he was taken off the Bucs roster and placed in the draft class he would go in the 1st round. But nobody will give up a 1st rounder for him, so you keep him at great salary cap value the next 3 years.

Very true. Glennon needs to stay and all the discussion of his replacement being in this draft class needs to stop.  The Bucs have some really dumb fans.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If Cousins is worth a 2nd then so is Glennon. Glennon has better numbers.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Cousins ain’t worth a 2nd. That is why he is still a Redskin.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Very true. Glennon needs to stay and all the discussion of his replacement being in this draft class needs to stop.  The Bucs have some really dumb fans.

We do have some dumb fans. These two quoted posts prove that.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Many on this board think he is worth a 2nd and would pull the trigger on that deal. For Mallet’s sorry ass also.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Well that kinda stupidity doesn’t change Glennon’s value.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.