Viewing 11 reply threads

• Author

• GO BUCS!!

Participant

I’m sipping on a nice Bud light right now at work. What about you folks? I’m just celebrating Johnny Football getting drafted by the bucs 2 weeks early.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kraken Rum with some Dr.Pepper.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Makers on the rocks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A little Gentleman Jack when I get off work is sounding pretty nice. Almost as nice as having some Gentleman Jack at work…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

capt morgan white rum with some lime juice…  Ya Mon!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don Julio Reposado straight up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don Julio Reposado straight up.

Like it's supposed to.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel – with 3 cubes of ice…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Alejandro Triple Dutch Wheat Ale

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Hudson's Manhattan Rye Whiskey, and in all seriousness, I fully recommend this to all whiskey drinkers.  This is 100 percent Rye, not a blend.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KzFqdVbxNkhudsonmanhattanryewhisk.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Preparing it tonight.  Will have tomorrow.  Mint juleps.  2 cups of water and 2 cups .  Simmer to melt the sugar.  Take off heat and place fresh mint leafs in the simple syrup and let sit for several hours.  Strain and mix with 2.5 cups of bourbon.  Pour over crushed ice.  I don’t even like bourbon but these are great.  Slushies for grown ups.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Preparing it tonight.  Will have tomorrow.  Mint juleps.  2 cups of water and 2 cups .  Simmer to melt the sugar.  Take off heat and place fresh mint leafs in the simple syrup and let sit for several hours.  Strain and mix with 2.5 cups of bourbon.  Pour over crushed ice.  I don't even like bourbon but these are great.  Slushies for grown ups.

If I can make a suggestion:  everything you are doing is correct, but use a muddler to bruise the fresh mint leaves.  Don't crush them, just bruise them.  It makes a world of difference, and extracts the essential oils to make the drink what it is.

Please wait…

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.