Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 22 reply threads

• Author

• Darktanian

Participant

Is he healthy?

Is he in football shape?

Is he fully recovered from Brittle Glassitis?

Will he last the whole season?

• buc-in-out

Participant

He was on the Pat McAffee show last week, he said he’s running and training, he said he’s way ahead of schedule and he’ll be ready to go for camp.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Made of glass.

Just like Anthony Davis.

• TBChucky

Participant

Breakout year coming..

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Breakout year coming..

Maybe it’s just be, but what a terrible choice of wording for Howard. hahahhahahahhahahah

• ratiffshabang

Participant

Breakout year coming..

Says everyone, every season. I truly hope he can deliver. He’s been a bust thus far, and can’t stay healthy. My worry beyond injuries, is that it doesn’t seem like he can develop true hands. He’s a great athlete, but he doesn’t have “natural” hands. Hoping for his best season though, always want our guys to succeed.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

I’ve always had an, “I’ll believe it when I see it” approach with OJ, but by this point I doubt I’ll believe it even if I do see it. If he stays healthy and has a good year I’m going to see that as an outlier. I don’t think I could ever trust him if I was a coach.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

Breakout year coming..

Says everyone, every season. I truly hope he can deliver. He’s been a bust thus far, and can’t stay healthy. My worry beyond injuries, is that it doesn’t seem like he can develop true hands. He’s a great athlete, but he doesn’t have “natural” hands. Hoping for his best season though, always want our guys to succeed.

I’ll bet that he has a breakout year due to him being in a contract year. Then some team will offer him a huge contract in the offseason gambling on whether or not he can stay healthy. Hopefully it won’t be the Bucs.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

I don’t get all the hate for this kid…

The injuries are frustrating for us but I’d imagine they are even more frustrating for him

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

The injuries are frustrating for us but I’d imagine they are even more frustrating for him

The hate is hes a first rounder who is always hurt.

Uber talented. But again the best ability is availability..

Would you give him a long term deal paying him top 10-15 TE money? I sure wouldn’t.

Despite his top 5 TE talent.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

You have two separate issues: 1) is he talented and 2) are you willing to pay for him

1) He definitely is talented. He shows up great until he gets injured.
        2) I don’t pay him like a top-10/15 TE due to his injury concern. OJ can sign on a make or break cheap, one-year contract or sign elsewhere.

No hate on OJ. I want him to succeed. If he doesn’t pan out, then he doesn’t pan out. It happens like a kicker drafted in a second round.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

He’s one more injury away from being Justin Evans. I’m not expecting anything from him next season. Hope he proves me wrong.

• buc-in-out

Participant

No one had better chemistry with Brady then Juice did before he went down for injury. I hope the young man has a decent season, stays healthy and we sign him to a sensible extension.

Achilles injuries used to be the kiss of death, but with modern medicine plenty of athletes have come back without skipping a beat.. Kevin Durant being one of the most recent examples.

Howard and Gronk, two guys who can block like swing tackles and make plays down the field… that’s a big stress on the opposing defenses. Having them both on the field makes our play action pass lethal IMO.

• Boid Fink

Participant

He’s dinged up right now right?

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Be mad at Licht for drafting drafting TE in the first then I guess…

Howard hasn’t been nearly as bad as some of you think… he would have had a monster year this year if not for the injury.

I’d also add that most here, including myself, were content with the Howard pick since he fell to us.

I understand the injury frustration but this kid gets way too much hate imo

• seekpar

Participant

I don’t hate OJ, he seems likeable enough, the TBT did a nice article about him and his wife and new baby recently. I liked the pick coming out of college. But IMHO he’s spent way too much time in rehab compared with time on the field. The money they spend on him could be better spent elsewhere. The Bucs seemed to do okay [LOL] without him after he was out for the year early last season.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

Be mad at Licht for drafting drafting TE in the first then I guess…

Howard hasn’t been nearly as bad as some of you think… he would have had a monster year this year if not for the injury.

I’d also add that most here, including myself, were content with the Howard pick since he fell to us.

I understand the injury frustration but this kid gets way too much hate imo

Nobody thinks he’s bad. He’s an amazing athlete who excels at blocking and pass catching. His issue is, he’s a China Doll who will get hurt without even taking a good solid hit.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Howard is fine as a role player. I do not see him as a future starter but I would happy with the Bus re-singing him to take over the Brate role on offense as a third down chain mover/red zone threat. Brady can see the potential in him if he plays fast and aggressive. Howard needs a mentality change and Brady has slowly morphed him into a more aggressive player which we saw glimpses of last year.

Build the trenches!

• Boid Fink

Participant

Howard made some nice plays last year. His injury was a fluke, I felt bad for the kid.

• TBChucky

Participant

I agree. The injury was bad luck. If he stays healthy I can see him putting up an 800 yard 8 TD season. He had immediate chemistry with Brady, and started out hot just like Miller did..

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

I agree. The injury was bad luck. If he stays healthy I can see him putting up an 800 yard 8 TD season. He had immediate chemistry with Brady, and started out hot just like Miller did..

If it wasn’t for bad luck, he’d have no luck at all. We wouldn’t even be thinking about moving on from him had that bad luck not hit him EVERY YEAR.

• Watchman

Participant

OJ has amazing potential. Sadly for him his career, so far, has been defined by injuries and games missed.

I hope he has a great year, not expecting it. Not sure the Bucs should try to sign him to an extension though. It could happen. If OJ has a breakout year, and Gronk retires, I could see the Bucs trying to sign him to an extension.

No hate for the person at all, at this point I wish the team hadn’t used a 1st round pick on him. As the saying goes, the best ability is availability, and OJ hasn’t had it.

• Runole

Participant

agree

• RHBucsFan

Participant

The hate for him is because he’s been a complete waste of a draft pick since he can never stay healthy. Don’t act like this is a once or twice thing with him.

• Darktanian

Participant

I don’t understand why Brate isn’t a super star TE by now.

Can someone explain why the Bucs soured on him (somewhat) after he had that breakout season? His targets seemed to keep diminishing over the years.

• ryan24

Participant

I don’t understand why Brate isn’t a super star TE by now.

Can someone explain why the Bucs soured on him (somewhat) after he had that breakout season? His targets seemed to keep diminishing over the years.

In short, he’s an ineffective blocker meaning he can really only be on the field with another TE who can line up inline or the team can’t run the ball or look like they could run the ball.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.