Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Where is Banks?

This topic contains 22 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous Nov. 9, 2015 at 3:18 am.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

today may have been best outing by CBs all yearRookie and Verner , Moore

True. Not a Lovie fan but I gotta give it up you're right.

not a Lovie fan either, I am a Bucs fan, and don't see how a coaching staff change helps Winston and rest of young playersJameis needs to stick with Kotter to keep his learning curve upwards, not a new staff, new OC, new scheme etc, no thanks

I don't see anyone calling for the head of Herr Koetter. #threadderailmentwarning.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

rmslpn
    Participant

new HC wouldn’t keep old staffs OC, won’t happen, nor would a new HC come being told to keep Kotter

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

today may have been best outing by CBs all yearRookie and Verner , Moore

True. Not a Lovie fan but I gotta give it up you're right.

not a Lovie fan either, I am a Bucs fan, and don't see how a coaching staff change helps Winston and rest of young playersJameis needs to stick with Kotter to keep his learning curve upwards, not a new staff, new OC, new scheme etc, no thanks

I'm stealing this from someone else...So why not stick with Arroyo?  Garbage is garbage.  Lovie is garbage.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

He and Gerald McCoy were healthy scratches…

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

The secondary looked much better.  I have been a vocal critic of Lovie and the Bucs staff not playing Moore at nickel throughout the off season.  Today was one of the better days our corners played.Lovie isn't afraid to bench players that loaf (Jenkins, Verner), or miss their assignments(Banks), or even play poorly.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

My issue is Banks has more talent than any of them.  Jenkins even played over Banks today as the dime.  Nobody has been worse than Verner or Jenkins and Banks still is playing behind them.  I agree, Moore should have been playing a lot more this season instead of Jennings, Jenkins and Verner. 

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

rmslpn
    Participant

Moore and Jude started outside, Verner nickle, and it was the best game all year by CBsMoore did real well on OBJ

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

My issue is Banks has more talent than any of them.  Jenkins even played over Banks today as the dime.  Nobody has been worse than Verner or Jenkins and Banks still is playing behind them.  I agree, Moore should have been playing a lot more this season instead of Jennings, Jenkins and Verner.

Banks doesn't have the skills to be a nickel/dime.  He can press at the line on the outside, is physical in run defense, etc.  His lack of footspeed is always an issue.When a player lacks foot speed they have to play smart, disciplined, and assignment sound.  Banks isn't there yet.  He needs to clean up his play or they eventually move him to FS as many have suggested.Lovie screwed up by not playing Moore at nickel day 1, and also not given him a chance to start on the outside.  We saw this in the off season as it was obvious like it was obvious the previous off season how poor the OG play was.Yeah we are armchair QB's from our comfy seats, but some things are pretty obvious.  Moore is legit.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.