Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 24 reply threads

• Author

• Dy-nasty D

Participant

Game: Taking into account the make up of the current roster, which former Bucs, in their primes, would you add to this roster for a SB run? Pick 1 for offense, 1 for defense.

Offense – Warrick Dunn
      Defense – Simeon Rice

• BucsFan83

Participant

Offense – Mike Alstott
      Defense – John Lynch

(Honorable Mention – Paul Gruber)

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

Game: Taking into account the make up of the current roster, which former Bucs, in their primes, would you add to this roster for a SB run? Pick 1 for offense, 1 for defense.

Offense – Warrick Dunn
      Defense – Simeon Rice

Based on this teams current needs, the DLine and backfield are the two weakest areas. Rice and Dunn make a lot of sense.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Offense – Gruber (Would replace D Smith)
      Defense – Rice (Would move JPP to a rotational player)

*Honorable Mention*

Brooks (Would move White to a rotational player)

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Sapp and Barber lol

• harrybucman

Participant

Leroy Selmon & James Wilder

• seekpar

Participant

Mike Alstott and Ronde’ Barber.

Would love to hear “Alstott up the gut!” again.

• JC5100

Participant

Sapp and Brooks

Sapp’s best attribute was his clutchness. The bigger the game, the bigger the moment the better he played. Opposite of crybaby McCoy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dunn and Gruber

• Roy

Participant

To add to this team I’d take Alstott. If you get a lead, there’s nothing like pounding the ball up the middle. On defense you can’t go wrong with Sapp.

• RayJayinTBay

Participant

Some interesting comments but I think I have to agree with the posters mentioning Dunn and Wilder. Both guys were versatile backs that thrived as receivers out of the backfield. We all know Brady loves using his backs in that capacity.

I do like the Paul Gruber pick but would have to go with Sapp not just because of his impact up the middle but because of what he would do from an accountability standpoint for our young defense. Instant swagger and the young guys would have no reason to back down from anyone.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gruber was my immediate thought for offense. Sapp would be a 3-4 DE and absolutely wreck shit with Vea and Suh up front.

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Errict Rhett and Dan Stryzinski.

:-P

• leeroybuc93

Participant

To me this is a no brainer. Offense is Gruber and defense is Sapp.

• FinkleisEinhorn

Participant

Based on the description “former bucs, in their primes” …does an ’09 Revis count?

• Jr.3

Participant

Sapp and Davin Joseph .

• BucsFan83

Participant

I don’t agree with Sapp, but I’d be dumb not to consider him, lol. The reason is if you’re looking at the current roster we have Vea and Suh there. While it would be an upgrade, and he was clutch and had swagger. I think our Safeties with Lynch back there would be a bigger upgrade. We have a good front 7 and our DBs are coming along. But who the hell do we have at safety?

The Alstott pick was because he doesn’t need an O-line to run up the gut. He also had hands and could catch. I’d lean a little more towards Alstott then Dunn, but you could go either way. Alstott was better in short yardage as well. With Alstott also, what are you going to do to stop our Offense, stack the box and get picked apart by the best WR corps in the League with the Goat (even if he is or is not on decline) or double cover and watch alstott get 200+ yards a game?

Paul Gruber would be a honorable mention, because we all know our Oline sucks.

And the mention of Revis, touche. Him and Dean would be unstoppable.

*Edit* – Oh an Sapp in a 3-4, he was when he went to Oakland. tbh I’m not sure how well he did.

• ronald macdonald

Participant

Offense: Danny “Superback” Vitale
      Defense: E.J. Biggers

• m_j

Participant

great question, and absolute no brainer
      on offense gruber, our OL sucks, and on defense ronde, our corners suck even more than our OL

• ktownbuc47

Participant

Gruber and Sapp.

Can’t believe nobody picked Larry Brackins.

• m_j

Participant

or dexter jackson (wr) … the only returner in the history of the game with more negative than positive yards and more fumbles than catches :-) :-)

• creamsicles

Participant

If you add revis in his prime, I’d also bring Brady back to his prime 😀

• tampaspicer

Participant

Gruber and Brooks

We already have Brady at QB. Brooks brings back that QB presence back to the defense and the Ol gets better. Win win

• MagicMike

Participant

I would take Matt Bryant or Martin Gramatica in their prime. We lost at least 2 games last season due to poor place kicking. I miss Automatica jumping up and down after nailing FGs.

I’ll count either of those guys as “offense”.

Defense is tougher, because we really haven’t run a 3-4 much before. Assuming Mike Edwards or Antoine Winfield can lock down the second safety position, I would argue our weakest position on defense is either a DL who can play all positions along the line, or a DB who can play multiple positions in the defensive backfield. That being said, I think Marcus Jones is the only player we’ve ever had that had the size to play multiple positions along a 3-4 line, so I’d have to go with Ronde Barber or Dwight Smith as the flexible DB.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you add revis in his prime, I’d also bring Brady back to his prime 😀

Well he isn’t a ‘former-Buc’ but if we are taking players who’s prime wasn’t with the Bucs I think I’d take a Prime Steve Young over 43 year old Brady.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.