Viewing 9 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

NFL Preview: Bucs Players To Emerge in 2014 By Amanda Borges Assistant Digital Editor April 1st  2014The NFL Free Agency period had a huge impact on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and as Lovie Smith prepares the team for a new and improved season, some players already with the Bucs, will emerge in a new way.emerge_zpsf84f6f95.jpg RB Jeff Demps Demps is an Olympic track runner who earned a silver medal on the USA relay team in 2012. His speed will most definitely be utilized this season, especially since Tampa Bay as a whole, is not very fast. Expect Demps to bring a new element to the offense. Lovie has expressed interest and excitement for the possibilities of Demps’ quickness. Even though he could be considered small for a running back, Demps will be a solid asset as a wide receiver and a returner. emerge1_zpse8fc049c.jpgS Keith Tandy Tandy was drafted to Tampa Bay in 2012 and he has seen time on the field as a safety and a CB. He is a perfect example of a player that the Bucs will use in a bigger way than they have in the past. Tandy doesn’t quite have the instincts to cover wide receivers so he’ll most likely stay deep, as a safety. With a little more discipline, Tandy could also be an asset in center field. His playing time will have a lot to do with Mark Barron and Dashon Goldson. Neither of them are strong coverage players so if they don’t improve during the offseason, Tandy could be the man to step up. emerge2_zpsc2d1bb18.jpgTE Tim Wright The Bucs acquired Wright last season and they quickly named him as a tight end. He got the starting spot thanks to injuries to Michael Crabtree and Luke Stocker and his playing time proved him to be a key starter. Expect him to have a bigger role in 2014. The only question is whether Lovie will keep him as a TE. Wright isn’t much of a blocker, but he is extremely valuable in the pass game. He will be competing with new Bucs player, Brandon Myers, for the starting gig or the Bucs will put him at wide receiver and see how he does.Read more at http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/nfl-preview-bucs-players-to-emerge-in-2014/#TuqdQQHVDBH7x6bs.99

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Timmay!!I would add Banks to that list.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It may just be wishful thinking, but I would have Gholston on the list too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fingers crossed on Gholston; he had a great surge at the end of last season! Not predicting, but if he keeps it up he could potentially get the start over Clayborn at LDE.    Just looking at stats, Michael Johnson could greatly improve on his sack count...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gholston.  A lot of brute in that man.He should have four or five sacks in a backup role.  I liken him to a Mark Anderson, but only bigger, less twitch, better able to anchor his spot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stovall.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They said Buc player.Stovall is due to breakout this year for his other team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t know why, but I have a gut feeling that Clayborn is going to have a big year.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

I’m going to go with Banks or Foster. As I’ve noticed many people on this board don’t feel Mason fits Lovie’s system I believe if he ends up getting the starting role he is going to shine even more than in the past.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just think that Lovie & Frazier are going to help with our entire defense. We are going to see some real standouts this season. But, I’m leaning on Mason Foster being the real surprise.

Please wait…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.