Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 37 reply threads

• Author

• Scott Reynolds

Keymaster

Vote now in the Gerber Collision Pewter Poll! https://www.pewterreport.com/

• Anonymous

Inactive

Collins

• Anonymous

Inactive

Michael Johnson in a landslide. Collins has been erratic, but considering Johnson plays next to McCoy, he should be FAR more productive…

• Anonymous

Inactive

anyone not named Clinton McDonald

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown.  He played like a rookie much of the season.  Not at all what I expected.  Plenty of bad to chose from though.  Hard to pick wrong.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Six way tie?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Six way tie?

pick one

• Anonymous

Inactive

Verner has been decent as has McDonald. Johnson and Collins have been total disappointments. And however much I dislike McCown, he's pretty much leading the tank charge so there's always that.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Verner has been decent as has McDonald. Johnson and Collins have been total disappointments. And however much I dislike McCown, he's pretty much leading the tank charge so there's always that.

I agree. I would add EDS. He has been pretty fucking awful most of the time.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I completely forgot about EDS. Yeah, add him to the heap pile.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Michael Johnson. Not only does he suck, he doesn’t give full effort and a guy we picked up off the streets has twice as many sacks as him in half as many games.MJ, EDS, Collins and McCown are all about the same level of garbage though and I wouldn't mind if all of them were gone next year.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Michael Johnson. Not only does he suck, he doesn't give full effort and a guy we picked up off the streets has twice as many sacks as him in half as many games.MJ, EDS, Collins and McCown are all about the same level of garbage though and I wouldn't mind if all of them were gone next year.

Im really hoping theyre are cut.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Collins because at least MJ has been playing injured to help explain his suck.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would not cut MJ.  He is a 2 mil savings.  Keep him in a rotation one more season and then cut him.  I'm on the fence with Collins.  Only saves 3 mil to cut him.  I don't think he should start, but could do well again in a back up role.  EDS and McCown need to be gone.  So does Logan Mankins honestly. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

MJ followed closely by Collins.Keep MJ one more year and cut him after '15. Evaluate Collins and see if he can play a different position by either sliding inside, or playing the ROT. If not, then cut him.EDS has cleaned things up a bit since the Minnesota game, I'd keep him unless a better candidate falls into our lap like a better FA option or a promising rookie who could play right away.Keep Mankins one more year. Cut him after '15 if he continues to regress. No need to create another whole for a player that at worst will be average. Bucs will have plenty of $ available without the need to trim Mankins.McCown will be here next year, so no need to debate him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

EDS is 3.75 in 15 and Mankins is 7.  I don’t know how you could possibly justify keeping either for the sake of continuity.  Especially given it’s a continuity of putrid.  We should burn this motherfucker down if we pay Josh McCown 5.25 mil to be on our roster next season. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Collins is a solid RT or OG. It’s not his fault our talent evaluation sucks and we overpaid him to play LT. He could be moved to a different spot on the line and still be salvaged. EDS, MJ, and McCown can kick rocks. I hope they are all gone next year. Verner and McDonald are keepers imo.

• chelsea1455

Participant

Mj has been my number 1 bust closely followed by Mccown. I would gut the team and start over, have a fire sale

• Anonymous

Inactive

Michael Johnson all day. McCown is a close second followed by Collins and EDS.What a bunch of losers.

• Anonymous

Inactive

They’re all just horrible. It’s actually quite amazing.

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOVIE SMITH!!!!Worthless.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Michael Johnson, hands down.The only reason he doesn't get MORE blame than the others is because of position. When Collins and EDS mess up on a play, the QB gets hit so it's easy to notice. When MJ messes up on a play, nothing really happens. His name isn't called, and life goes on. He's played the entire season and apart from 2 plays against the Steelers I haven't heard his name ONCE. And this bum has the luxury of playing alongside the best DT in the league.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can we add Lovie Smith to that list?I know technically he's not a free agent, but he's one of the worst signings this team has made this year, and he has his hand on every disappointment this team has unleashed on us.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Johnson

• Anonymous

Inactive

Johnson by a landslide

• Anonymous

Inactive

Michael Johnson, Anthony Collins, EDS, Cousins and McCown are all vary degrees of horrible FA signings. Some are overpaid, some aren’t paid that high but have just stunk really really badly and others act like they don’t give a rip.All 5 should be off the team next year, it'll be some dead money, but even saving $5 million between the 5 would be reason enough to send them packing. All have contributed to the suck that is our offense. EDS is a joke. Literally funny trying to watch a guy who was once considered a top 5-10 center roll the football on the ground, snap the ball into receivers going in motion and even botch a snap while QB is under center. How does that happen? You feel the QB behind you and you just roll it.Collins has shown why he wasn't able to break the starting line up in Cincy. He's a fill in and nothing more, certainly not close to  a starting LT.Cousins was coined the worst football player one reporter had ever seen, I'm inclined to think that reporter was more right than wrong after seeing him play this year.McCown showed us what I already knew but Lovie did not. McCown was the benefit of a good offensive system, with a good run game and 2 elite WR and TE around him combined against horrible passing defenses.Finally Michael Johnson has surprised no one. He's done exactly what he had been doing his entire career. Running up field, creating huge running lanes for RBs and bringing in 3 sacks. He did poop his pants a little more than usual as he combined the poor run defense and almost zero production in the sack department with fewer QB pressures that normal.Simply put, every big name FA we brought in has sucked. Guys like McDonald, Myers, Wright, Lansanah were all considered depth or slightly above and have worked out pretty well. We should do that and forget the big contracts.

• Anonymous

Inactive

So basically the only players that have emerged for us are Jaquies Smith, and Lansanah. No Olineman which is sad. Anyone else who looks like a keeper and/or potential starter? Bradley McDougald maybe? Both him and Smith are young guys which is great at least.

• Anonymous

Inactive

So basically the only players that have emerged for us are Jaquies Smith, and Lansanah. No Olineman which is sad. Anyone else who looks like a keeper and/or potential starter? Bradley McDougald maybe? Both him and Smith are young guys which is great at least.

Did Schiano bring in Lansanah?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Worst – McCownSecond worst - MJThird Worst - All of the others not named Clinton McDonald

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh stop that right now!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Worst - McCownSecond worst - MJThird Worst - All of the others not named Clinton McDonald

MJ has to be #1 due to his half-assed effort....at least McCown is trying.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Collins is a solid RT or OG. It's not his fault our talent evaluation sucks and we overpaid him to play LT. He could be moved to a different spot on the line and still be salvaged. EDS, MJ, and McCown can kick rocks. I hope they are all gone next year. Verner and McDonald are keepers imo.

This. +1Warhop has to go and the OL can be salvaged by fixing the LT spot.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Johnson and Collins are both playing worse than McCown at their respective positions, but I think McCown gets the nod simply because he has a bigger impact on the game than do the other two. Add to that Lovie’s blind devotion to him from the beginning and you get a 2-12 season with McCown leading the way.To quote the great Jim Lahey: "You feel that? There's a sh!t blizzard coming."

• Anonymous

Inactive

But Verner was the only guy that they signed that should be playing at an elite level.  No one expected Collins, Johnson or McCown to play like blue chip players.  Verner is a massive disappointment and downgrade from Revis.

• Anonymous

Inactive

But Verner was the only guy that they signed that should be playing at an elite level.  No one expected Collins, Johnson or McCown to play like blue chip players.  Verner is a massive disappointment and downgrade from Revis.

But does Lovie the Dinosaur believe that?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh stop that right now!

I don't remember Lansanah being a part of that epic "what in the got damn hell are these clowns doing? " thread so I don't know how he got here.

• Anonymous

Inactive

In a history of poor FA signings Johnson does float toward the top of the bowl

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would say that at 4 years $25.5M Verner isn't making that much for a #1 corner. At 5 years $44M Johnson is making a significant chunk more and is much closer to being paid like the top players at his position.

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.