Which Buccaneer player(s) will join Browns in protesting the national anthem?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    naturalselection
    Participant

Listening to Dirk’s presser, I agree with the 620 morning guys. I also interpreted his comments to mean the team is aware one or more Buc players will be protesting on the field again, at Ray Jay.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

GottaJaboo
    Blocked

Who cares. Giving any attention to this kind of thing is just making something really personal and nationally unimportant, legs. When the levy breaks, we are only going to have ourselves to blame. Please stop fueling the fire. You’ll be happier for it.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M - "coaching can’t fix this".

Iowabucfan
    Participant

^^^^^^^^^

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Corinthians 3:17

naturalselection
    Participant

@GottaJaboo

“Please stop fueling the fire. You’ll be happier for it.”

That is the decision my step dad has made, unfortunately. He shut down my Bucs talk last week saying he isn’t watching the NFL anymore. That was over players on other teams protesting during the anthem. Was thinking of catching the game w/ wife on Saturday, so was checking Craigslist for cheap tix. Ran across 2 adds claiming to be selling their Bucs season tickets because they don’t want to support players protesting during the anthem.
    Again, before any protest (other than Mike’s 1 game anti Trump protest last season) by Bucs player(s). Seems like a significant number of people have made the decision you suggest. I’m personally hoping to avoid that choice, as I enjoy watching professional football.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    The Anti-Java
    Participant

Just keep the players in the locker room, until after they play the anthem. Then bring both teams out. Problem solved.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    BucNCane
    Participant

Or, and this is a crazy thought, let players express themselves how they want to.

Separate their expression from the game.

It’s harmless to people. It’s peaceful.

This is the only industry that we fault the whole because of a few.

If a FedEx driver was posting things on Facebook that were against your beliefs would you stop using them? No.

If a regional manager at Publix was doing so, would you stop shopping there? No.

If it’s such a bother to people then stop liking those players. It’s that simple. Or hell, do whatever you want. No one really cares.

It didnt affect ratings last year and it won’t this year. Only thing that seemed to was the election stuff itself. Post election ratings were normal and playoff ratings were still higher than any other sporting event or tv show.

The super bowl viewership number beat the combined NBA finals games.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    PassThePigSkin
    Participant

Don’t really care if they protest I will still watch football. men in my family served since the civil war they fought for stuff like this. It’s not like the players are burning or stomping on the flag, that I have a problem with.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s a silent protest… if you are offended by this, then you are a fucking snowflake.

/endthread

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    buccnation
    Participant

It just seems like the media focuses on who protests rather than what they are protesting for. Nothing is getting done because nobody is saying much about the issues that they have. What’s the point of a silent protest if the word doesn’t get out and no action is occurring?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    naturalselection
    Participant

@BucNCane

If a FedEx driver showed up at my door to deliver a package with a political shirt on, I would send him/her away. If a Publix manager or employee was doing same, I would walk out of the store. If I saw either or both make a political facebook post, I would ignore it. I don’t hold what the players do away from the game against the team or league.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Havok904
    Participant

Folks will still watch the games.

I doubt the NFL is worried about a few folks peeling off to watch soccer.

They were not hardcore fans anyway.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    BucNCane
    Participant

@brian

Would you stop accepting packages from all FedEx drivers? Would you stop going to all Publixs?

If you had a prob with that one person you would voice your opinion but would it end all communication with that company?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    ghost
    Participant

Statues, taking a knee, and taking off the air an Asian fellow with the name Robert Lee., way to get to the root causes, ‘merica!

There is nothing wrong with peaceful protests, but it seems a tad ironic that these athletes takes a knee for a cause, but end it there. They don’t volunteer or use any of their vast resources or wealth for the betterment of the communities they are supposedly protesting for. Pretty much the textbook definition of grand standing.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    BucNCane
    Participant

There was a story about Kaepernick giving another 100k to reach his million dollar goal. I’d hardly call that doing nothing.

You also have no idea what other players are doing so don’t really think you say it’s just kneeling

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    naturalselection
    Participant

@BucNCane

I would not accept FedEx or Publix responding that it is their employees first amendment right to peacefully protest while working. That would end all business with either entity.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.