Viewing 23 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Joe Haden: 'Tight fight' for first title between Cavs and BrownsCBS SportsBy Will Brinson | NFL WriterJuly 12, 2014 12:19 pm ET clev_zpsf52f5db4.pngJoe Haden is pumped for Cleveland. (NFL.com) Cleveland is straight BUZZING right now with the return of LeBron James to the Cavaliers. But there's still plenty of chatter about the Browns. And Cleveland cornerback Joe Haden thinks the football team might even challenge the basketball team for the first title.Appearing on NFL Network's "Total Access," Haden said it'll be a "tight fight" for first title between the Browns and Cavs."You know Bron he makes things happen pretty quickly. So we gonna have to get to it," Haden said. "I say it's going to be a tight fight. I know me and [Johnny] Manziel are going to be pushing to make that happen before. But I know that's why LeBron's coming, to bring a championship to the city, and I'm trying to do the same thing."Haden pointed out the Browns have the city buzzing too and Cleveland was excited before Bron even returned."You can feel it everywhere, especially after the draft when we got [Justin] Gilbert and we got Manziel. The city's buzzing and now that LeBron's coming back and we got Andrew Wiggins," Haden said. "The whole city feels really good about itself. I feel like it's time for us, there's no reason we can't win games out here with the Cavs and the Browns."Haden says he's "confident" because of the defense, the options at quarterback and the improved running game."Even if LeBron hadn't have come, I felt really confident about the Browns organization and the direction we're going," Haden said. "There's nothing but add-on to it — at the end of the day, what we have with the Browns, we can win games. We feel our defense is very, very strong, with Manziel and [Brian] Hoyer fighting for the quarterback position, with Ben Tate running back … we've got a lot of different moving positions on offense."And I think with this team we can make a really big push."The Browns have an uphill battle, even though they added talent. And it's going to be REALLY hard to beat the Cavs out for a title. The NBA team isn't locked for a spot in the Finals or anything, but with LeBron, they've got the best player in the game and reasonably decent path to a championship, should all the parts click.For the football team it's a much steeper climb.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haha, the Cavs win multiple and Lebron has retired before the Browns even make the Super Bowl.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cavs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cavs without a doubt. LeBron is a bonafide superstar. JFF is a bonafide coke head

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Losing Josh Gordon is really gonna hamper whatever positives things the Browns were doing…. Even with Gordon, they were one of the worst teams in the league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cavs without a doubt. LeBron is a bonafide superstar. JFF is a bonafide coke head

Cavs, but it's the NBA and no one really gives a crap. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cavs, but it's the NBA and no one really gives a crap.

Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Other questions to wonder about:Which country's athelete will win an(other) Olympic gold for sprinting first: Norway or Jamaica?  Who wins an(other) Oscar first: Daniel Day Lewis or Paul Reubens?  Which dessert would most children prefer: Brussels sprouts or ice cream?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would say the Cavs. Although that is not a given. They will compete in the East. But the West is another story. The Spurs, Thunder, and even the Clippers and Rockets are all good teams. The Browns actually have a lot of nice players. But they need a franchise QB, and a good HC. And I don't think they have either right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With Johnny Football the Browns will win the next 15 Super Bowls!/Java

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

neither in our lifetime

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

neither in our lifetime

The Browns have a lot of nice players, I think they had something like 10-12 Pro Bowl players last year. If they can just pull it all together, they could surprise.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They’re still the Browns

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

neither in our lifetime

The Browns have a lot of nice players, I think they had something like 10-12 Pro Bowl players last year. If they can just pull it all together, they could surprise.

Close!!! They had 5.Cavs, easily.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

neither in our lifetime

Upon further review, they had 6.Not bad considering the Bucs had 2. And one of those was Revis, who is a distant memory now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ah maybe one was a reserve. I saw 5 lol. Regardless. Not bad for a team like the browns!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ah maybe one was a reserve. I saw 5 lol. Regardless. Not bad for a team like the browns!

Ya, that was my point, they have some nice players,  they just need to pull it all together.WardHaden CameronMackThomasGordonFor the Bucs,  just Gerald and some guy who played CB here for 1 season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

neither in our lifetime

Upon further review, they had 6.Not bad considering the Bucs had 2. And one of those was Revis, who is a distant memory now.

Revis didn't deserve to be voted in either. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

neither in our lifetime

Revis didn't deserve to be voted in either.

And LaVonte did, so it all evens out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For sure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Eh idk I thought Revis still deserved it, sure he gave up a couple of big plays (ginn and fit come to mind) but he was still one of the best CBs in the league last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Though, yes, Lavonte definitely deserved it more.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Cavs can really get Love without giving up Wiggins they’ll win it this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Cavs can really get Love without giving up Wiggins they'll win it this year.

The East yes. But there are pretty good teams in the West they would have to beat. But they are closer to the promised land than the Browns.

Please wait…

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.