Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 87 reply threads

• Author

• dexmonkey

Participant

ok lets play a game. assume the following things and then answer who you want1. we are not trading up or down2. the following players are off the boardLaremy TunsilMyles JackJalen RamseyJoey BosaDeforest BucknerCarson Wentz (dont need a qb but for the seeding of picks)Jared Goff (dont need a qb but for the seeding of picks)Ronnie Stanleywho do you want to take? im curious to see if we can find a consensus or leader in the clubhouse. id also like to see your reasoningit leaves me in a tough spot personally. both the players i like here are minor reachesid be inclined to look hard at Emmanuel Ogbah and Vernon Butler. Butler is an outside of the box pick but would really strengthen our DL and allow McCoy to really do work. Ogbah would give us the passrush outside that we desperately needim my ideal world we somehow get both. not sure how but i would be thrilled

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the team feels good about Noah Spence after his background check, he should be the pick.If not, Vernon Hargreaves.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve struggled with this myself when looking at various mocks. Glad that *I’m* not really making that decision.I see PR's reason's for taking a DT at this spot. After this year, the position gets thin and you can't argue with the success Carolina has had with Star and Short in the middle. So picking Rankins or Spence makes some sense to me, but also taking another wide receiver to take over for Jackson makes a lot of sense to me as well. When Jackson was out last season, I really thought our passing game suffered. So for me, I'd consider Will Fuller. So for me, Rankins or Fuller would be my choice.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Conklin, Spence, Butler, VH3, WR

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d be happy with any of these players at nine and think there all in play for the Buc’sVernon Hargreaves CBNoah Spence DELaquon Treadwell WRSheldon Rankins DTLeonard Floyd DE/SLBEmmanuel Ogbah DE

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want a pass rusher at number 9 but I’m just not sure of any worth the number 9 pick. Noah Spence is good but he just doesn’t wow me and I feel like he will get man handled in the pros as aright defensive end in the 4-3. I think Robert Nkemdechi has the most talent and done the most on the field as far as pass rusher goes and I like his attitude. If the background and interviews went well then I could see him picked in the top 12. I know he has issues and his play is inconsistent so it’s tough for me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In order of what our board should look like Bosa, Ramsey, VHII then I guess after that either Spence or Ogbah

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hargreaves. Have Grimes tutor him for a couple years to be his eventual replacement.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At that point I’d likely choose between Ogbah, Nkemdechi and Hargreaves.* Forgot about Floyd. I'd throw him in the mix but w/o knowing the defense not sure about him fitting.

Please wait…

• jeebz116

Participant

Spence, Rankins or Floyd.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ogbah, Lawson, Coleman or Spence. Need pass rush but Coleman could add a dimension that takes our offense to the next level.Not seeing CB as a concern as they re-evaluate.Love Floyd as a pass rusher but run issues are a problem.Ok with an OT. Rankins is fine. Our GM should be fired and run out of town if he takes Nkemdiche.

Please wait…

• niutbbucfan

Participant

I agree with what many have said, if FO is confident with Spence being cleaned up he is the pick. If they aren’t sold on Spence Hargreaves without any second thoughts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll add William Jackson III to that list for me

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Hargreaves. Have Grimes tutor him for a couple years to be his eventual replacement.

As the 9th pick, there is not tutoring.  Heargraves, will come in a do his thing.  He had some crappy coaching in Hogtown.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Given what we now know about Lovie’s schemes, Grimes, Verner and Banks would all be ahead of that pick. 9th overall for a fourth CB? Doesn’t make sense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Leonard ‘The Freak’ Floyd. Bucs need some speed off the edge. Floyd can do that.

Please wait…

• JonMott

Participant

I want VH3 or William Jackson III. VH3 said the corner he looked up to was Brent Grimes in his combine media interview so maybe that  means something??? I think he will go at 8. I think we need pass rush but I don’t think anyone pass rusher that will be available at our pick is worth passing on William Jackson or VH3. They will both be very good pros. I like Sheldon rankins but #9 night be to high. I even think #9 is high For WJIII. Im hoping of VH3 isn’t there we trade back.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is not an ideal situation to be in. I would love to trade back because the guys I like are not great value at No.9.Vernon ButlerNoah SpenceLaquon TreadwellThose would be my top 3 choices. Laquon won't last long after No.9 but I think we could trade back to the mid to late teens and still get either Butler or Spence.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is not an ideal situation to be in. I would love to trade back because the guys I like are not great value at No.9.

do you think they'll be impact players?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is not an ideal situation to be in. I would love to trade back because the guys I like are not great value at No.9.

Of course I do. That's why I listed them as the top 3 players I would draft at No.9 in that situation.

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

RankinsButlerApplefor meDon't want Buckner, better suited for a 34, and he is 24ditto Floyd 34 guy, and 24

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course I do. That's why I listed them as the top 3 players I would draft at No.9 in that situation.

Laquan is good but I still think Corey Coleman is better.

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

Doctson is better then both imo

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nkemdechi Hargreaves OgbahStill not sure how I feel about a few. Still a huge Nkemdechi even with his problems.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nkemdechi Hargreaves OgbahStill not sure how I feel about a few. Still a huge Nkemdechi even with his problems.

Reneged on Clemson before picking Ole Miss2013 suspended from beginning of Music City Bowl2014 Photographed smoking from a bong2014 One of 7 sued for $2 million for assault, stomping on someone at a frat partyThis is all before the 2015 incident followed by poor interviews and blaming the media plus trying to throw Tunsil under the bus.By my count that's eight white flags. And that doesn't count a history of hamstring issues and mediocre production.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Reneged on Clemson before picking Ole Miss2013 suspended from beginning of Music City Bowl2014 Photographed smoking from a bong2014 One of 7 sued for $2 million for assault, stomping on someone at a frat partyThis is all before the 2015 incident followed by poor interviews and blaming the media plus trying to throw Tunsil under the bus.By my count that's eight white flags. And that doesn't count a history of hamstring issues and mediocre production.

Small potatoes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Small potatoes.

Lmao

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

if you do, then why does it matter where you draft them?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IF bosa or buckner aren’t there, I would trade down.With that said, and given the circumstances that I'm not allowed to trade down, i would have to reluctantly draft ogbah or, take either wentz or elliot to force a larger trade later. Those guys will have prime value with some teams even post draft and I know it doesnt happen much anymore, but in this particular scenario you've cobbled together, i would most definitely consider it.IF I could get that scenario worked out predraft even, i would. Example. The bowns say they want wentz too, but would rather have both bosa AND wentz. They get bosa, then tampa drafts wentz, prearranged agreement. The browns give up a first next season, a second this season, and a player.Thats the kind of deal I'd be working on before draft. Just in case this situation even developed. But, i will say, i do believe tampa will be able to draft bosa or buckner at nine.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Spence

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Example. The bowns say they want wentz too, but would rather have both bosa AND wentz. They get bosa, then tampa drafts wentz, prearranged agreement. The browns give up a first next season, a second this season, and a player.

odd deal for sure.  Licht would have to feel real safe to do it, and koetter would have to really like that player to give up this years 1st.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No I get it. The dude has red flags. What I am saying is I believe he has the most talent out if any of the pass rushers. It all depends on the interviews with him and the Bucs. As far as just pure talent he is top 5 in the draft IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh his talent is undeniable as is that of Spence.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh his talent is undeniable as is that of Spence.

Yeah I'd definitely be happy with Spence too. For sure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anybody but the guy who was addicted to molly, and risked flushing his career down the toilet to party with hard drugs every weekend. 11 sacks at Eastern Kentucky is a step above 11 sacks in junior college. I don’t see how that equates to him having superstar talent. How many of you watched Eastern Kentucky last year that feel he is so great? Unimpressive on limited highlights I’ve seen, and I’ll take Rankins over someone who has the potential to be the next Josh Gordon,Johnny Manziel, Aldo Smith

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anybody but the guy who was addicted to molly, and risked flushing his career down the toilet to party with hard drugs every weekend. 11 sacks at Eastern Kentucky is a step above 11 sacks in junior college. I don't see how that equates to him having superstar talent. How many of you watched Eastern Kentucky last year that feel he is so great? Unimpressive on limited highlights I've seen, and I'll take Rankins over someone who has the potential to be the next Josh Gordon,Johnny Manziel, Aldo Smith

So if we watched Eastern Kentucky we’d have more credibility? Spence had one issue. That’s hardly “Aldo” Smith.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why is nobody talking about TE. Take away garbage time and ASJ had like 200 yards

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why is nobody talking about TE. Take away garbage time and ASJ had like 200 yards

Is there a TE worth using the #9 pick on considering other needs and who should still be on the board?I wouldn't be against grabbing one in the mid rounds but the needs, draft position and talents don't really line up for us drafting a TE IMO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is there a RE worth using the #9 pick on considering other needs and who should still be on the board?I wouldn't be against grabbing one in the mid rounds but the needs, draft position and talents don't really line up for us drafting a TE IMO

That's the same logic that had us pass on Gronkowski 3 times and 2 of the players we took are out of the league.Needs based drafting is a recipe for busts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is there a TE worth using the #9 pick on considering other needs and who should still be on the board?I wouldn't be against grabbing one in the mid rounds but the needs, draft position and talents don't really line up for us drafting a TE IMO

That's the same logic that had us pass on Gronkowski 3 times and 2 of the players we took are out of the league.Needs based drafting is a recipe for busts.

Difference is Gronk wasn't ever going to be drafted #9 like this thread is asking, even healthy that wasn't on the cards, he may have snuck into the 3rd half of the first round but #9 nope.Plus who is the Gronk type TE prospect? Hooper/Henry? Are you honestly asking why people aren't talking about taking either of them #9 overall?Like I said needs, draft position and TALENT are why nobody is talking about it. the guys being talking about are simply better prospects that also happen to fit more urgent needs and will be taken around where our pick is.I guess QB needy teams should simply grab one in the first no matter who else is on the board or how poor the QB talent level is in the draft, I mean if they don't they are ignoring logic that cost them Drew Brees & Tom Brady.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is there a RE worth using the #9 pick on considering other needs and who should still be on the board?I wouldn't be against grabbing one in the mid rounds but the needs, draft position and talents don't really line up for us drafting a TE IMO

Your first post about ASJ is an argument for need-based drafting.  Now it's a recipe for busts?Also, there isn't a TE worth a top ten pick.  There are no Collin Peek's in this draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The ONLY DE I see worth a sub 10 pick is Buckner.I dont trust Bosa, Floyd, Lawson, or Spence.If it played out like that my board would have to be (in no perticular order)VH3ColemanButlerRankinsOgbahSpenceAgain, I dont like Ogbah or Spence at 9. I just dont feel like they are BPA. There are lot of 2-3 rd DEs in this draft, many masqurading as 1st round prospects. Id try like hell to trade down and draft BPA in the teens. You could still get any number of my board at that point. That said, if Buckner, Ramsey, or Jack fall to 9, you run to the podium. They are far and away my top 3 from a BPA perspective.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OgbahHargreavesCotlemanSpenceIn that order.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OgbahHargreavesCotlemanSpenceIn that order.

+1

Please wait…

• bucnole07

Participant

I’ll be in the minority on this but I say we draft Corey Coleman. We have needs a DE and secondary but this kid is the home run threat we need to pair up with Mike Evans. V Jax will be gone after this year and we need a WR who can stretch the field. I’m not sold on Afro Thunder

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll be in the minority on this but I say we draft Corey Coleman. We have needs a DE and secondary but this kid is the home run threat we need to pair up with Mike Evans. V Jax will be gone after this year and we need a WR who can stretch the field. I'm not sold on Afro Thunder

Actually I’m not sure it’s that much of a minority anymore. A month ago? Yes. But I wouldn’t be shocked by that … Especially if they are in love with a few defenders likely to be there in Round 2.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Your first post about ASJ is an argument for need-based drafting.  Now it's a recipe for busts?Also, there isn't a TE worth a top ten pick.  There are no Collin Peek's in this draft.

Need based drafting is looking at your top 2 or 3 needs and picking that. Bucs should be open to WR, TE, OT, DE, DB. Not just DE or CB.And Hunter Henry will be a star.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not a Henry fan. But with 39 days to go, feel free to change my mind.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Henry well enough, but there’s no way in hell he’s a top ten pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the team feels good about Noah Spence after his background check, he should be the pick.If not, Vernon Hargreaves.

This

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Leonard 'The Freak' Floyd. Bucs need some speed off the edge. Floyd can do that.

Ogbah is 30lbs heavier, has longer arms, and is the same speed.As to OP's scenario I would say to go with Ogbah or Spence.  Our coaches ran them both through drills so go with whichever they liked better.  Spence has better production, but Ogbah has the physical tools to be dominant. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Leonard 'The Freak' Floyd. Bucs need some speed off the edge. Floyd can do that.

Ogbah is 30lbs heavier, has longer arms, and is the same speed.As to OP's scenario I would say to go with Ogbah or Spence.  Our coaches ran them both through drills so go with whichever they liked better.  Spence has better production, but Ogbah has the physical tools to be dominant.

i think Spence might have the higher upside but has a bigger chance of bustingOgbah has the lower floor and better chance to at least be a solid player at worst

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Forget the 40. Ogbah is not as quick as Floyd off the edge, and nowhere near the athlete. Not even close.  I've seen Ogbah compared to Robert Ayers. Bucs already have a couple DEs like that. What they don't have is a guy who can really turn the corner on a LT.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anybody but the guy who was addicted to molly, and risked flushing his career down the toilet to party with hard drugs every weekend. 11 sacks at Eastern Kentucky is a step above 11 sacks in junior college. I don't see how that equates to him having superstar talent. How many of you watched Eastern Kentucky last year that feel he is so great? Unimpressive on limited highlights I've seen, and I'll take Rankins over someone who has the potential to be the next Josh Gordon,Johnny Manziel, Aldo Smith

So if we watched Eastern Kentucky we'd have more credibility? Spence had one issue. That's hardly "Aldo" Smith.

Nitpick my phone's spellcheck, sounds reasonable when u can't argue the point being madeI never said you needed to watch his film. I am speaking to this praise being heaved his way by the thousands of message board draft gurus who are experts every March, yet haven't watched 90% of the guys they speak of, who claim Spence is an unstoppable pass rusher based solely on 11 sacks against a schedule full of Middle Tennessee State competition. Obviously all of you are just following some tagline you've heard, or a draft bio that's been passed around by Mel Kiper. I believe it was Pewter Report that analyzed his film and showed he has poor bend around the corner and his sacks were mostly from lower division QBs dropping too deep in the pocket. Basically jail break type sacksSpence won't sniff the top 10, and it's for the reasons I've been discussing for awhile.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So if we watched Eastern Kentucky we'd have more credibility? Spence had one issue. That's hardly "Aldo" Smith.

Nitpick my phone's spellcheck, sounds reasonable when u can't argue the point being madeI never said you needed to watch his film. I am speaking to this praise being heaved his way by the thousands of message board draft gurus who are experts every March, yet haven't watched 90% of the guys they speak of, who claim Spence is an unstoppable pass rusher based solely on 11 sacks against a schedule full of Middle Tennessee State competition. Obviously all of you are just following some tagline you've heard, or a draft bio that's been passed around by Mel Kiper. I believe it was Pewter Report that analyzed his film and showed he has poor bend around the corner and his sacks were mostly from lower division QBs dropping too deep in the pocket. Basically jail break type sacksSpence won't sniff the top 10, and it's for the reasons I've been discussing for awhile.

OK you want candor? You claim he is “addicted to Molly.” That’s worse than any armchair qbs. Unstoppable? Who said unstoppable? He MAY be the best of a weak class. May. As for PR I defer to his judgment even though I have watched tape on him. SR is better at analyzing this than either of us. Top 10? Probably not. But that’s not a reach given who is projected above him.What irritated me about your post is your cliche willingness to put him in a pile with Gordon (who just missed a whole year), Smith (similar) and Manziel (the ultimate train wreck). Way too soon for that. Maybe it happens. Or maybe he gets lucky, gets good guidance and avoids trouble. But he's got talent. Maybe he is overrated; I will grant you that.But can't you say that of about half the projected first rounders?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bring VH3 home!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This scenario is very likely.  It’s nice to know that the FO is also seeing it (hell, they’re the experts) and have addressed holes in FA.I'd love an elite talent at 9.  The guys in this draft at that point can be great - but not elite.  Anyone we pick will be some sort of a project to realize full potential over time.My Board is also based on who is going to take less time to get there... I think Ogbah is that guy and will be available.Never know though for sure - obviously.  Hopefully some of these other QB needy teams do something stupid... Cleveland, Dallas and San Fran are the wildcards (and good candidates for doing something stupid)  :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i don’t see much elite talent in this draft(Tunsil and maybe Ramsey).  We should all thank our lucky stars that we got Winston last year because if you are a QB needy team in this draft you are in trouble.  Thats why all you “trade down” guys are dreaming.  Trade down with who?  Who is anyone really trading up for so we can partner with them?  There isn’t a Winston, Mariota or Luck type franchise QB or a quick-twitch, double-digit sack edge rusher.  That being said, although i don’t see many high ceiling guys there are some solid high floor guys.  I’d take VHIII.  Experienced, productive, tough college comp, nice ball skills. The depth chart doesn’t scare me away from him.  Grimes is in his early thirties.  Verner and Banks are from prior regime(s) and although I’m glad they will be given a clean slate in training camp their jobs aren’t locked up.    The size stuff is overblown.  He is the same size or bigger than Grimes and Robinson.  What we have done to date in FA has given us the flexibility to take BPA at 9 and I think its VHIII. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Henry well enough, but there's no way in hell he's a top ten pick.

Every year there are players who are "no way in hell a top ten pick" and then turn out to be a top 10 player in the draft. I'm not talking about late round miracles, I'm talking projected 1st round picks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Every year there are players who are "no way in hell a top ten pick" and then turn out to be a top 10 player in the draft. I'm not talking about late round miracles, I'm talking projected 1st round picks.

Luckily enough for you, very few mocks/analysts have Henry as a first round selection.  The team should be able to trade back into the first to get him if they like him enough to do so.  Or sit tight in round two and take him there.Taking a second round/borderline first round prospect in the top 10 would be astoundingly stupid.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Luckily enough for you, very few mocks/analysts have Henry as a first round selection.  The team should be able to trade back into the first to get him if they like him enough to do so.  Or sit tight in round two and take him there.Taking a second round/borderline first round prospect in the top 10 would be astoundingly stupid.

A good team will snag in the late 1st, like what happened with Heath Miller, Olsen and Eifert while the perennial bad teams keep drafting busts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A good team will snag in the late 1st, like what happened with Heath Miller, Olsen and Eifert while the perennial bad teams keep drafting busts.

So are you advocating to draft Henry in the top ten or late first?  The value of the selection is quite different.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So are you advocating to draft Henry in the top ten or late first?  The value of the selection is quite different.

Not sure yet. All I've looked at so far from a Bucs POV is the OTs and TEs. I will say Henry will go alot lower than he should and will have a long, productive career. We've once again painted ourselves into a corner at TE by burning a #2 on a bum. I've just peaked at the DBs and can say with confidence that I will be on board with some of them,  because it is a very talented group at a very important position.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs should draft a TE in the first? Another score for JC5100.Dude has been straight trolling for years. Brilliant stuff, really.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am of the opinion that trolls or trolling has more impact. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not sure yet. All I've looked at so far from a Bucs POV is the OTs and TEs. I will say Henry will go alot lower than he should and will have a long, productive career. We've once again painted ourselves into a corner at TE by burning a #2 on a bum. I've just peaked at the DBs and can say with confidence that I will be on board with some of them,  because it is a very talented group at a very important position.

I'm  all for getting rid of asj. Pronto too.However, ..what's the cost? Because, right now, you could do better with a fourth round or later TE, or just brate would be fine.It honestly wouldnt be too tough to get better in that position, if "better" means catch the ball and dress out for games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ASJ two-year totals: 16 games played (horrible), 42 catches (also horrible), 559 yards, 6 TDs. YPC were great in Year 2 (16.1) but he’s got one more year to get his crap together in terms of quantity and quality.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Most players get two to three years to become who they are going to be.ASJ's final year is this one upcoming.  I want Ogbah at 9.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Most players get two to three years to become who they are going to be.ASJ's final year is this one upcoming.  I want Ogbah at 9.

Ogbah is so athletic but raw. He may take 2-3 years too. ASJ should be an elite go TE. If he is not spread out from the LOS he is not going to be able to showcase his great skills. And he will constantly be injured. He is literally made out of glass. He is good at blocking LB's and DB's but not DLinemen. If they do use him correctly he could be the best and if they don't use him correctly he will be on IR. Was never a fan of his but I hope he can stay healthy and produce this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn't see Coleman play much but he has great numbers. He also played at Baylor and is under 6ft. I take the guy who did it in the sec and has an nfl body but if Coleman is the second coming of Steve Smith sign me up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn't see Coleman play much but he has great numbers. He also played at Baylor and is under 6ft. I take the guy who did it in the sec and has an nfl body but if Coleman is the second coming of Steve Smith sign me up.

Coleman is not one of my favorites. Funny I saw a Laquon Treadwell interview and it did not look great. That put me off plus he did not run the 40 at the combine. He does not have great long speed and looks like a 4.6 - 4.7 guy on film. But the intangibles are there. He is a big physical WR who can take a DB out of a play with his strength. I am not looking for 4.4 speed from that kind of player. He is an Anquan Bolden type of player, one of my favorites. Lunch pail type of guy who outworks the defense.Josh Doctson could end up being the best WR in this class. He has all the tools to be good and is a better route runner than Treadwell. My speed guy is Will Fuller. He has elite game speed and runs good routes. Winston loves to throw the deep ball. Get him some weapons.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I actually like Corey Coleman and Will Fuller over Laquan Treadwell. If the top defensive linemen are gone, top offensive lineman are gone, I’d take a hard look at Coleman and Fuller at 9. That might blow some minds here but I’d rather take them than draft a smallish CB to play against these giants in the NFC South. McShay is comparing Coleman to Steve Smith and Fuller to Santonio Holmes (not saying its correct), imagine having our own Steve Smith or Holmes on this team next season.Outside of them I do like both Ogbah and Rankins. Not sure if I think they are elite players though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ASJ two-year totals: 16 games played (horrible), 42 catches (also horrible), 559 yards, 6 TDs. YPC were great in Year 2 (16.1) but he's got one more year to get his crap together in terms of quantity and quality.

Tyler Eifert first two-year totals:  16 games played, 42 catches, 11.5 YPC, 482 yards, and 2 TD - all equal or worse than ASJ.Like Eifert, this will be ASJ's last year to prove himself like Eifert did.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ASJ two-year totals: 16 games played (horrible), 42 catches (also horrible), 559 yards, 6 TDs. YPC were great in Year 2 (16.1) but he's got one more year to get his crap together in terms of quantity and quality.

Tyler Eifert first two-year totals:  16 games played, 42 catches, 11.5 YPC, 482 yards, and 2 TD - all equal or worse than ASJ.Like Eifert, this will be ASJ's last year to prove himself like Eifert did.

Were there grumblings about Eifert’s effort after Year 2? Just curious.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So we "painted ourselves into a corner" by drafting an overrated TE in the 2nd round and the best way out of this situation is to use another high draft pick on another TE?Sounds perfectly reasonable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Were there grumblings about Eifert's effort after Year 2? Just curious.

Oh heck yeah, lol! Colts fans have considered Eifert a huge disappointment considering he is playing with his college QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am pretty sure Eifert was playing behind former 1st rounder Jermaine Gresham and that is why he didn't play that much. TE is extremely hard position to transition to the NFL from college. Year 3 is usually the prove it year for them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cincy used the 21st overall pick to select him, and he produced less than Jenkins.  Yeah, there was criticism.  Effort?  I'm not sure.  But there were definitely criticisms for his production, which is what matters. 

Oh heck yeah, lol! Colts fans have considered Eifert a huge disappointment considering he is playing with his college QB.

Eifert is in Cincy with Andy Dalton.  I think you're referring to Coby Fleener and Andrew Luck.  Indy let Fleener walk this offseason and he's now with Drew Brees in NO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stanley/Spence/Rankinsthen Will Fuller or Artie Burns in the 2nd

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Eifert had a serious injury that cost him the 2014 season. He wasn’t questionable every week and then a game time scratch. And he doesn't have a gut sagging over his belt.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Eifert had a serious injury that cost him the 2014 season. He wasn't questionable every week and then a game time scratch. And he doesn't have a gut sagging over his belt.

Jenkins was IR'ed in 2014 as well.Regarding his 2015 injuries:http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/bucs-austin-seferian-jenkins-shakes-off-fans-criticism-wvideo/2257462Based on the amount of time it took Seferian-Jenkins to be cleared for contact, there likely were some torn ligaments involved. But rather than put him on injured reserve, where he would be lost for the season, the Bucs opted for an unusually long rehab.Like Eifert, Jenkins will have one more year to prove himself, more than likely.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jenkins will always get a free pass because of his draft status, height and flash for big plays (eventhough they come in garbage time)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jenkins will always get a free pass because of his draft status, height and flash for big plays (eventhough they come in garbage time)

Sounds like a QB we had once.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Time is running out on ASJ. Brate is nipping at his heels and we are very close to respectability. Get on board or gtfo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cincy used the 21st overall pick to select him, and he produced less than Jenkins.  Yeah, there was criticism.  Effort?  I'm not sure.  But there were definitely criticisms for his production, which is what matters. 

Eifert is in Cincy with Andy Dalton.  I think you're referring to Coby Fleener and Andrew Luck.  Indy let Fleener walk this offseason and he's now with Drew Brees in NO.

You are correct! Smh, had a total brain fart.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think saying he has one more year to produce is giving him a free pass.And lolz @ "flash for big plays"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Time is running out on ASJ. Brate is nipping at his heels and we are very close to respectability. Get on board or gtfo.

and the minute he gtfo we will be complaining we only need one more big fast athletic TE to make our offense work?

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

and the minute he gtfo we will be complaining we only need one more big fast athletic TE to make our offense work?

I hear that too.  I think Jameis will prove he can make this offense work with rag tag players.  He just needs to improve his red zone efficiency.  Big time.

Please wait…

Viewing 87 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.