Viewing 23 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Top 5 Longest Pick-Six Plays pick_zps1c85a493.pngA look at the 5 longest interception returns for touchdowns in Buccaneers history.pick1_zps19dcbed6.png5 - Leonard Johnson (83 yards) Hanging on to a three-point lead in the 4th quarter, Leonard Johnson intercepted Philip Rivers and brought it back 83-yards to put the Bucs up by 10. They went on to win 34-24. pick3_zps07ee759c.png4 - Mason Foster (85 yards) In the home opener of 2013, Mason Foster picked-off Drew Brees and took it to the house for the 85-yard pick-six. pick4_zps27428c44.png3 - Ronde Barber (92 yards) NFC Championship. The play. This one needs no explanation. pick5_zps532b38c9.png2 - Derrick Brooks (97 yards) Completing the shut-out of the Ravens in Week 2 of the Bucs Super Bowl season, Derrick Brooks took an interception back 97-yards to cap-off the scoring in a 25-0 rout of the Ravens. pick6_zps006c96c6.png1 - Shelton Quarles (98 yards) Early in the 2nd quarter of a scoreless game, Shelton Quarles jumped in front of the Brett Favre pass and took it to the house, 98 yards for the Buccaneers first score of the game. The Bucs won the game, 14-10. link

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Due to its implications and impact, the Rhonde Barber pick six in the NFC Championship game.  I would have also listed the Derrick Brooks pick six the locked up the Super Bowl when the Raiders were trying to mount a comeback.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My most favorite pick-6 was Brooks in the Super Bowl to clinch the title with Smith’s first pick-6 in the Super Bowl a close second. The biggest impact pick-6 was Ronde’s in the NFC Championship game in 2003.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Barbers pick kinda throws off the grading curve. Ronde’s int aside I gotta go with Foster. For a LB that’s not known for athletisism that was an impressive pick 6.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m sorry, there’s no pick 6 greater in Buccaneer history than Ronde’s in the NFC Championship game. I still get teary eyed when I see it. Brooks in the Bowl was great, too…but Ronde’s pick helped them slay the dragon. I don’t care what team they put in front of the Bucs in Super Bowl 37, Tampa Bay was going to win that game. The NFC Championship game WAS the Super Bowl...

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

It's not even a contest. "The dagger is in."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ronde’s is an easy #1.I don't know which Super Bowl one was my favorite. I don't think people understand how absurd it is that we had 3 pick-sixes in a Super Bowl. Dwight Smith should've been MVP of that game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dwight Smith should've been MVP of that game.

We were up by 24 in the middle of the 3rd and 20 with a couple of seconds lefts when he had his pick 6's. An under-rated pick 6 is Abraham vs Vikings in 1999.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The title of the thread says favorite but the article lists only the longest.  My second favorite after Ronde of course is Derrick Brooks pick 6 against the Rams on MNF to end the game where he runs right into the tunnel after Sapp launches Warner about 5 yards in the air on a block at the 5 yard line

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Barber’s *has* to be number one.  And I say that as a complete Brooks homer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rondes not only for the importance but it was also the last game in the eagles old stadium which is awesome too

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mason Foster’s. I was at that game at some drunk dude in front of me said we are going to intercept Brees on this play  and run it back for a TD. I was thinking this dude is on crack and then BOOM… I couldn’t believe it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The title of the thread says favorite but the article lists only the longest.  My second favorite after Ronde of course is Derrick Brooks pick 6 against the Rams on MNF to end the game where he runs right into the tunnel after Sapp launches Warner about 5 yards in the air on a block at the 5 yard line

Sapp took it easy on him there too.  He could have buried him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even though he didn’t score, the Sapp int of Atlanta that he lateraled to Brooks for a touchdown was a classic.  He also had one on a screen pass that he took in for a score.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Most fun to watch, mason foster. Biggest impact, ronde barber.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ronde’s by far was my favorite but Eric Wright’s pick 6 vs the Giants in 2012 was pretty nasty as far as highlight reel plays go.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What’s great about Rhonde’s is my buddy is an Eagles fan, he was at the game.  He said when Barber picked that ball off you could actually hear him breathing as he ran the place was so quiet.  Not only is it my favorite pick 6, it’s my favorite play in the history of professional sports.  I remember running outside my Dad’s house screaming “We are going to the Super Bowl, we are finally going to the Super Bowl!!!”  Great stuff.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ronde #1.But I liked Leonard's pick 6 too. Completely unexpected.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What's great about Rhonde's is my buddy is an Eagles fan, he was at the game.  He said when Barber picked that ball off you could actually hear him breathing as he ran the place was so quiet.  Not only is it my favorite pick 6, it's my favorite play in the history of professional sports.  I remember running outside my Dad's house screaming "We are going to the Super Bowl, we are finally going to the Super Bowl!!!"  Great stuff.

Yet, its been 12 years since that game and you haven't figured out to spell his name yet?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What's great about Rhonde's is my buddy is an Eagles fan, he was at the game.  He said when Barber picked that ball off you could actually hear him breathing as he ran the place was so quiet.  Not only is it my favorite pick 6, it's my favorite play in the history of professional sports.  I remember running outside my Dad's house screaming "We are going to the Super Bowl, we are finally going to the Super Bowl!!!"  Great stuff.

Yet, its been 12 years since that game and you haven't figured out to spell his name yet?

Thanks for being the spell police.  Ronde really appreciates it. He also appreciates you using the word "yet" twice in the same sentence.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even though he didn't score, the Sapp int of Atlanta that he lateraled to Brooks for a touchdown was a classic.  He also had one on a screen pass that he took in for a score.

I almost mentioned the same play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Since the obvious ones have been mentioned, I’ll throw this out because I was there to see it in person. Monday night, Dec. 6, 1999 (had to look at ticket stub) and it was Bucs vs Vikings in Tampa with first place on the line and I think Shaun King’s first home start. Third play of the game, Donnie Abraham jumped high and snatched a Jeff George pass out of the air and took it back for the opening TD. The place came unglued! Never have heard it louder at Ray Jay! Could feel the place shaking. Might have to watch the tape of that game again. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dwight Smith should've been MVP of that game.

We were up by 24 in the middle of the 3rd and 20 with a couple of seconds lefts when he had his pick 6's. An under-rated pick 6 is Abraham vs Vikings in 1999.

Hadn't thought about that one but nice call.  Without it we don't win the division.  Going old school, I'd like to nominate Neal Colzie's 82 yarder against the Vikings in 1981 with less than a minute left and the Bucs leading by one.  Kramer threw a down and out, Colzie jumped it and went down the sideline on a Saturday night to get the season started off right.  Happened to be there at age 15 is the only reason I remember it.  I think it was Mike Washington (could be wrong) who picked off Archie Manning to start the third quarter to seal the first win in Buccaneers history.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is this a real question for a Buc Fan?

Please wait…

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.